the incredible hulk trailer

xmenstorm1

You know, when I first saw ROTSS…I was in denial for such a long time. I remember looking at my friend and him just staring right back, our jaws wide open. They wouldn't build him up this entire time and not show him. No way! What about that shadow? You clearly saw old tuning forks helmet! He's got to come back! He's in the cloud…right? Yah, definitely. Wait...wait...he's not? Oh god, please be in that freaking cloud! PLEASE!…*gulp*...please?…*walks home to the sad theme from the Incredible Hulk*

Heh, I was in denial too, and I had a friend that worked on the movie and was privy to the sets.

He told me there was a giant purple hand prop made for the film--the ultimate purposes of which remain unknown. I was so expecting SOME kind of bone thrown to us........and we got nada.

ROTSS is a puzzle to me, the execution of the film makes no sense.

As for the Hulk, I think the second time around could be the charm. I can accept the Abomination without the winglets for ears, and the image i saw today of the Hulk looked good, although it was clearly CGI.

I liked the first film for what it was. I think its too gimmicky in its cinematographic style for a lot of people, but I can see what Ang Lee was trying for. Some of the things in the film were loopy, but I think the second half, where it jumps into a straight action romp are good.

Where did you see the trailer at I click the link above and it won't let me see it cause I am in $(ING canada! its a movie trailer for $(#& sake! $*()#

Have you seen it yet? If not there is a subtitled version on Youtube.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the trailer looked good and it did a good job of showing us enough to keep us interested without giving too much of the plot away . I wasn't a big fan of the first one, the whole story with the father w/absorbing man powers was pretty lame, they put too much psychological analysis to what was supposed to be a simple comic story. I like this new plot where Bruce is on the run from the military while searching for a cure that's classic Hulk right there. As for the Hulk himself I think what little was shown looked good he has Hulk muscles and Hulk hair, Abomination well... he looks different but these movies are not known to be comic book accurate when it comes to looks specially the villains, that atrocious Venom last year been one of them, we all expect to have a comic accurate design but deep down we know the truth, in the end creative license will prevail and liberties will be taken with the look. Nevertheless the Abomination looks how he's supposed to: a bigger creepier, uglier and more menacing version of the Hulk. I agree the CG could use a little more work but this is the first footage shown and we're still 3 months away from the expected release which means they still have time to iron out a few details. Is it me or the Abomination kind of looks like the upcoming Hulk the End figure.

CGI ?!?!? I tell you what CGI was bad, the first Hulk movie made him look real pudgy, bright-colored, shiny/rubbery-textured and cute-sy (like Gumby) !! I cannot really take his first appearance on film seriously. That was cheesy. This latest incarnation at least shows better shadowing, muscle definition and a rather grim serious and intense facial expression. Unless you guys want Lou Ferrigno to come back and put on some green body paint (and do his abdominal crunches on screen) or have the guy from Fantastic Four don another big sculpted body suit, keep the griping to a real minimum and give this film a chance. And Grendel, . . . er I mean Abomination is exactly what he is an - - -> A B O M I N A T I O N, not a ridiculous looking guy with funny ears that looks like he came from the land of the Wizard of Oz.

Is it me or the Abomination kind of looks like the upcoming Hulk the End figure.

I liked the trailer and I think the movie looks promising. The Abomination does look like the hulk end figure. @lol@

Blonsky does look like "the End" Hulk when I think about it. He also looks like the old Bernie Wrightson version of Anton Arcane(monster version) from the Swamp Thing comics.

well i dont really like the hulk first film infact i hated it was boring dull and looked rubbish, this one from what i have seen so far looks (i know it is) but very animated, very unreal it just didnt look right i like the look of abomination like a dinosaure but it look nothing like the figure, but yes it looked too computerised to believe it wont do as good as ironman.

The argument that the Abomination is not a good movie version of the character because he doesn't resemble the "comic" look is like saying Wolverine from the X-Men the Movie would not fly because he's not wearing his "yellow" tiger stripes spandex suit. C'mon, now! Would you like a return to the 60's Batman show where he has to have everything look like the comic books, down to the Batmobile and ridiculous Holy Crap Batman! Robin sidekick ??

The argument that the Abomination is not a good movie version of the character because he doesn't resemble the "comic" look is like saying Wolverine from the X-Men the Movie would not fly because he's not wearing his "yellow" tiger stripes spandex suit. C'mon, now! Would you like a return to the 60's Batman show where he has to have everything look like the comic books, down to the Batmobile and ridiculous Holy Crap Batman! Robin sidekick ??

I completely disagree. There are some things you don't change, and Abominations defining physical features are his ears and scales. He’s hardly recognizable. Instead he appears more as another Hulk then anything else. I don’t want another Hulk, that’s completely boring, I want something that stands out more. I also think your analogy isn’t very accurate at all. This would be more like Wolverine without his peaked hair, Doc Ock without glasses, Mysterio without a fishbowl. These are some physical characteristics that the characters are best known for, creating the entire visual image, and it’s undeniable that what differentiated Abomination from Hulk happens to be the scales, and more specifically, the ears. You can't compare Robin's classic costume to Abomination. From a certain point of view, comic Abomination isn't even wearing a costume. And how is a giant scaled monster with fin ears any cornier or less believable then Hulk himself? I think your point is very moot. So forgive me if I want my villains to be their own characters, at least on some levels, instead of unoriginal clones.

Oops, double post. Sorry.

So then it follows that the Green Goblin didn't work for you either in Spider-Man 1? He did sport that purple tunic/ hood and looks nothing like the comic book version and used an armored suit. Or Bullseye and the Kingpin in the Daredevil movie because they did not resemble the comic version?

Where did you see the trailer at I click the link above and it won't let me see it cause I am in $(ING canada! its a movie trailer for $(#& sake! $*()#

Who said I saw the trailer?

I didn't see the trailer. LOL!

I saw two images from a site, one of the Abomination, one of the Hulk, both on city streets--clearly promo shots from the movie--and I based my comments on those.

Strictly on appearances, I don't need to see the trailer--the images I have seen tell me everything I need to know, and everything that the trailer would say anyway.

So then it follows that the Green Goblin didn't work for you either in Spider-Man 1? He did sport that purple tunic/ hood and looks nothing like the comic book version and used an armored suit. Or Bullseye and the Kingpin in the Daredevil movie because they did not resemble the comic version?

The Green Goblin certainly didn’t work for me in Spider-Man. I stand by that it’s the most overrated superhero flick of all time. But whatever makes you think that I didn’t like him because he wasn’t purple and sporting a handbag? Or on second thought, what makes you think thats what I'd want in my movie? Some things work on film, some things only work in comics. I think you’ve got a very narrow-minded view of things here. Let me try and explain what I mean. I wouldn’t care whatsoever if he didn’t directly match up with the comic book Green Goblin costume…what I did care about was that he ridiculously resembled the equivalent of a power ranger, as well as obscured the facial features of an otherwise brilliant acting job. For my part I'd much rather have had him look like a Moria Orc from Lord of the Rings. Nothing was frightening about that suit, and Green Goblin should be frightening in my opinion. I’m not saying that the Abomination has to look identical, what I’m saying is that you can’t leave out something that visually defines the character. Abominations ears are what visually differentiate him from the Hulk. They’re a necessity in my world. It’s like making Mysterio and not including a fishbowl, his most recognizable physical feature. This has nothing to do with if it is or isn't comic accurate. It deals with character and respect for the comic versions.

I’m not saying that the Abomination has to look identical, what I’m saying is that you can’t leave out something that visually defines the character. Abominations ears are what visually differentiate between him and the Hulk.

That's about the only thing that differentiates the Abomination from the Hulk in the comics.

The movie Abomination has a different skin colour, texture, different anatomical features ( a exo-skeletal rib cage) and the toes/fingers are markedly different from the Hulk.

There's contrast there.

True, the winglets would provide further contrast but they are not really necessary.

The idea here is that the Abomination is undoubtedly a distorted/mutated version of a human being. Most of this anatomical feature would have to logically stem from a default human standard.......and I don't know of too many people with winglets for ears.

In fact, I'm drawing a blank, LOL!

The winglets in the comics were done to give the character a alien appearance, but the logic train doesn't follow if you think about it.

Because live action movies "imply" a thing is to be more believable because it appears real, basing it more off of reality than fantasy is the usual course. Adding the winglets give the character too much of a reptilian connotation, and I'm GUESSING there's nothing in the story to support a thing like that. It makes no sense for a character that stems from a human to suddenly protrude very non-human features like that.

I know.........I know.......we are dealing with fantasy here, but based on my experience, this is how Hollywood thinks.

At least they are not trying to convince us that Verne Troyer ensconced in that make-up would be the Abomination....

I'm not saying that the Abomination has to look identical, what I'm saying is that you can't leave out something that visually defines the character. Abominations ears are what visually differentiate between him and the Hulk.

That's about the only thing that differentiates the Abomination from the Hulk in the comics.

The movie Abomination has a different skin colour, texture, different anatomical features ( a exo-skeletal rib cage) and the toes/fingers are markedly different from the Hulk.

There's contrast there.

True, the winglets would provide further contrast but they are not really necessary.

The idea here is that the Abomination is undoubtedly a distorted/mutated version of a human being. Most of this anatomical feature would have to logically stem from a default human standard.......and I don't know of too many people with winglets for ears.

In fact, I'm drawing a blank, LOL!

The winglets in the comics were done to give the character a alien appearance, but the logic train doesn't follow if you think about it.

Because live action movies "imply" a thing is to be more believable because it appears real, basing it more off of reality than fantasy is the usual course. Adding the winglets give the character too much of a reptilian connotation, and I'm GUESSING there's nothing in the story to support a thing like that. It makes no sense for a character that stems from a human to suddenly protrude very non-human features like that.

I know.........I know.......we are dealing with fantasy here, but based on my experience, this is how Hollywood thinks.

At least they are not trying to convince us that Verne Troyer ensconced in that make-up would be the Abomination....

The comic Abomination with his reptillian skin and dragon ears is unrealistic. I'm glad Ed Norton growing several feet in height and turning green is realistic (happens all the time in real life). I'm glad that the Hulk has pants that seem to fit no matter what is realistic. Just don't give me a comic style Abomination because that is unrealistic. All comic movies and powers like Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and Superman are realistic. Comic book style Abomination? Now that's what I call unrealistic. Realism is what everyone wants. Food for thought.

I liked how the new hulk looks, it does look strong and more muscle defined. abomination is still meh to me, they could have added the lizard ears to resemble the comic counterpart.

they trailer looks ok, and i like it that way, it doesn`t give away that much of the movie.

lol

lizards dont have ears @smilepunch@

true :) well the pointy ears depicted in the comic book reptilian abomination.

i dont care what the abominations body looks like but mysteriomenace is right. there are some things that should not be changed. lets see it this way. what if hollywood decided that hulk has to be red just because it is more dark then green. i think that the fans would go nuts here. i remember when sam raimi said that he would take a different costume design for spidey. man even none spidey fans went crazy. i hated green goblins costume but william dafoe made the role. look when they did venom. skinny guy who did venom. fans around the world hated it. same with abominations face. it should not be exacly the same as the comics (face it, thats impossible) but it has to have some mimics of it. look at hulk. the first hulk didnt realy looked like the comic and now with the second movie, they corrected it. by the way marvel did a mysterio without his bowl in the comics and guess what? they changed it back realy fast.

i dont care what the abominations body looks like but mysteriomenace is right. there are some things that should not be changed. lets see it this way. what if hollywood decided that hulk has to be red just because it is more dark then green. i think that the fans would go nuts here. i remember when sam raimi said that he would take a different costume design for spidey. man even none spidey fans went crazy. i hated green goblins costume but william dafoe made the role. look when they did venom. skinny guy who did venom. fans around the world hated it. same with abominations face. it should not be exacly the same as the comics (face it, thats impossible) but it has to have some mimics of it. look at hulk. the first hulk didnt realy looked like the comic and now with the second movie, they corrected it. by the way marvel did a mysterio without his bowl in the comics and guess what? they changed it back realy fast.

I agree completely. Hah! And I remember that Mysterio...or rather...I'm trying to forget that Mysterio. Hah! You can't take away what people physically recognize most about a character.

I agree completely. Hah! And I remember that Mysterio...or rather...I'm trying to forget that Mysterio. Hah! You can't take away what people physically recognize most about a character.

yeah think about it? vulture without wings but jetpack. rhino without a horn but a helmet. electro dealing with shockwaves and shokker with electric. venom beeing skinny @loll@ no, wait they did that allready @smilepunch@

Abomination in the movie would look fine the way it already is. Too much attention to making it look to close to comic fantasy would give you back the result from the first movie. Too cheesy, too gimmicky and comicky. And would only attract die hard Marvel fans, and kids and turn off the wide demographic including mature audiences. Also, if you added the pointy ears, there would be some bit of resemblance to a mutated War Skrull, or some monstrous Imp from the Harry Potter films or a gamma irradiated Mr. Spock or the . . .Impossible Man!! It is the action figure that looks worrisome because they did not include the type of paint apps that would make him absolutely look farsome, horrid and disgusting ! They just made him . . . Mr. Turd Man who dumped on himself !!!

yeah, like if they made spiderman with mcfarlain eyes, or fantastic four with only light blue and white costumes, or daredevil with bloodred spandex or all the movie charecters the same as the comic version, we get those shitty 70's-90's movies. sometime you need to change it to what looks real/ believable/ better in CGI in the movie

I think it looks awesome and I'm looking for the depth, emotional relationships, widescreen action and overal thrill of the movie. Not a pair of fins on his head. You're telling me he doesn't look like a Hulk nemesis? Am I the only one who got eye raped dealing with the awful Absorbing Man from the first film? Certain things don't translate well on the big screen, otherwise Storm whould have looked like a wig on legs, Blade would look like a roadie from Wham and lord help us the Creen Goblin would have looked like Satan in Prada.

I like it and I accept it's a movie, leave the obscurities and nit picking to the comics.

Kingpin not being white really pissed me off. I also hated bullseye's look. Green Goblin should of also had his classic look. He would of been more maniacal that way. I don't mind Abomination's new look too much. I would of preferred the classic look but he still looks just like his namesake, an Abomination.