What the Fudge! HML Wave 4 in May!

robbie

I'm not bothered by it .... Seeing that I am currently spending money on Star Wars, GI joe , and Transformers from Hasbro .... in addition to DC figure , Halo Figures, Mcfarlane, Neca, Motu Ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect..........

Ditto. My toy budget is spent up til May already. I am still eager for them though.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the dude who's like "Raghh! Hasbro only makes five waves of Marvel Legends and Toy Biz makes 168!" Hasbro has a lot on their plate (Star Wars and Transformers pretty much outsell everything). What did Toy Biz have to work on besides ML? TNA? Hasbro has tons of licenses and I'm more or less satisfied with what I've gotten in the past 16 months.

They're not without fault, I'm sick of those Spider-Man reissues, but things aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

BTW, a failed line is when figures sit on the shelves for months and no one touches them. That Ultimate Mr. Fantastic from the FF Classics line was terrible and boring, sat in every toy store in my area until clearance (no one touched it then either) and that's why no one got wave 2 in their favorite stores.

That goes for X-Men Classics too.

Here's my theory. Marvel Legends is CANCELLED.

But the 6" articulated figures we've been collecting for the past seven years are NOT cancelled.

In order to gain more retailer shelf space, the Legends line is being broken up into X-Men Classics, Fantastic Four Classics, Spider-Man Classics, Hulk Classics, Avengers Classics, even Iron Man Classics. Perhaps even a Marvel Universe Classics to release figures that wouldn't easily fit into one of the other waves (Alpha Flight, New Warriors, Cosmic heroes etc).

Perhaps this is why LCBH was ended. So Jesse Falcon/Marvel Toys could come back and focus on a massive overhaul of the entire Marvel franchise overseeing the entire line of multiple waves released yearly.

On the other hand, Hasbro could be screwing us over for the 500th time.

Just saw the Cyclops Magneto Icons yesterday for the first time in any store. Don't care about them, and they were over priced, but at least they were there. If fixing ML4 is the reason for the delay, then get it fixed and put it out. I really did not want to buy a Hydra solider I already have to finish my BAF, and then have to pick up a beast later and have an extra Holocaust foot, but I think there has been enough time to fix any issue with a single figure. Hopefully, and we all make wishes out loud here, they are spiffing up the paint jobs on the ones they showed and getting them ready to ship. Of course, we can also hope they have something really nice planned to make us all glad we waited. Hee hee. I almost sounded like I thought that might be true.

Geek.