"Marvel Productions"

Archer1120

If I was in charge and had a say in the matter I would remove all movie figures from any ML line-up. While some people like them, I don’t think people should be forced to buy a figure that won’t fit in with the rest of their collection just to get a BAF piece. Movie figures just aren’t as popular as comic based ones. Therefore what I would do is form a separate line of only movie/ t.v. based figures. Since they more than likely would not sell very well at Wal-Mart or Target, I think they could be solicited to comic shops and specialty stores, much like DC Direct figures are. That way people who love movie toys can get their figures and people who only want comic toys would not be forced into buying figures outside their collection’s aesthetic. Plus it would be more profitable to the manufacturer to have these smaller, more specialized runs. Seems like everybody wins to me. Also, if there is a major movie coming out the manufacturer could make more kid-oriented toys based on the movie property and it would have no effect on the adult collector.

I personally love movie figures. I guess the reason I like the movie versions so much is that they are so compatible. I do like comic toys, but there are so many versions that are artist specific that don't seem to fit in with other comic figures. However, I know most people don’t agree with me, which spawned this idea. I think I would name the line “Marvel Films,” or “Marvel Productions,” or something to that effect.

Here is the line-up that I have been thinking of. I know some of these figures have already been made but some need to be updated with the current style of articulation or to lose their action features.

Wave 1

• Daredevil w/ billy club, walking stick, and interchangeable Murdock head

• X3 Storm w/ attachable lightning effects and soft goods cape

• Johhny Blaze in Stunt Suit w/ racing helmet, cowboy hat, and cane

• X3 Iceman w/ attachable ice effects (3 versions- 1 solid, 1 partially iced up, 1 fully iced up)

• Final Battle Punisher w/ compound bow, rifle, pistol/ holster, and claymore mine

Wave 2

• Mystique

• X3 Pyro w/ attachable flame effects

• Nick Fury (David Hasslehoff likeness) w/ rifle, pistol, and interchangeable eye-patch-less head

• Kingpin (Michael Clarke Duncan likeness) w/ cane, martini glass, and rose

• Bullseye w/ throwing stars

• Nightcrawler in X-Uniform (2 versions, one solid and one translucent “teleporting” version)

Wave 3

• Johnny Storm in FF Uniform with attachable flame effects

• Ben Grimm “de-powered” in FF uniform

• Shadowcat with Leech pack-in (2 versions, one solid, one translucent “phasing” version

• Sabertooth w/ interchangeable growling head and soft goods overcoat

• Lady Deathstrike w/ interchangeable clawed hands

Wave 4

• Bruce Banner (Eric Bana likeness) w/ gamma ray device

• Silver Surfer w/ Cosmic Board (2 versions, one shiny cosmic power version, one dull “powerless” version)

• Elektra w/ 2 sais

• X3 Final Battle Wolverine w/ interchangeable parts revealing Adamantium skeleton

• Toad w/ slimeballs and steel pipe staff

• X3 Rogue w/ interchangeable silver “Colossus deco” head/ hands, translucent “Shadowcat deco” head/ hands and “Iceman deco” clear head/ hands

Wave 5

• Mephistopheles w/ cane

• Caretaker (human form, Sam Elliot likeness) w/ shovel and Contract of San Vanganza

• Dr. Doom w/ attachable lightning effects

• X2 Jean Grey w/ attachable energy effects

• Punisher (Dolph Lundgren likeness)

• Man-Thing with a few skeleton accessories

Multipack Ideas

• David Bruce Banner and Hulk ( Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno likenesses)

• Final Battle Daredevil and Kingpin (battle damaged versions)

• The Hidden – Wallow, Gressil and Abigor

• Prisoner Magneto and Professor Xavier, with non-magnetic wheelchair and chessboard

I am very interested to hear other people’s thoughts on this but please, please don’t simply post only “movie figurez are the suck.” I know some people don’t like them, but please don’t turn this thread into a bashing figures one. If you don’t like movie figures that’s fine but let’s have a dialogue and not a rant.

are you in change, hope so i want you to be incharge, i think 100% they should finnish the x3 line wil they got chance, x3 storm x3 multipleman x3 kitty x3 pyro x3 mystique x3 iceman x3 callisto x3 ash lol x3 phat lol

but do also want daredevil kingpin, and stuff, well good, i like this guy, your ideas are so cool.

all i have to say is why do people want kitty to be partiall or all transparent

she isnt the invisible girl,that doesnt convey her powers right

if you put a half translucent figure up against a wall like she is walking through it,you still have the entire figure on this side,and you see the goofyness in it,just looks like the invisible girl

Yeah I know its not perfect, but I really can't think of any other way to show her power. I would not make it clear clear, but only translucent in the same color as the rest of her.

I thought of another multipack

•William Stryker and Weapon X w/ pistol, walkie talkie, Weapon X helmet, and interchangeable clawed hands

I would buy EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE!

I always say they should make a "Marvel Movie Legends" line. You should work for Hasbro's Idea team!

But there was somthing I read a few weeks back about new X-Men figures comming out and it mentioned Psylocke and such but it said they would be part of a "Movie Line" and the way it sounded when I read it was a Legends Movie Line so cross your fingers!

only way I would be behind the idea of a movie line is if they made a BAF of the Dark Overlord of the Universe from the Howard the Duck movie. and a Tim Robbins and Leah Thompson figure from the movie, and of course a Howard. otherwise this line can end up the the dumpster, like where a lot of these movies ended up **coughs**xmen3elektrahulknickfurymanthing**coughs*

If I was in charge and had a say in the matter I would remove all movie figures from any ML line-up. While some people like them, I don't think people should be forced to buy a figure that won't fit in with the rest of their collection just to get a BAF piece. Movie figures just aren't as popular as comic based ones. Therefore what I would do is form a separate line of only movie/ t.v. based figures. Since they more than likely would not sell very well at Wal-Mart or Target, I think they could be solicited to comic shops and specialty stores, much like DC Direct figures are. That way people who love movie toys can get their figures and people who only want comic toys would not be forced into buying figures outside their collection's aesthetic. Plus it would be more profitable to the manufacturer to have these smaller, more specialized runs. Seems like everybody wins to me. Also, if there is a major movie coming out the manufacturer could make more kid-oriented toys based on the movie property and it would have no effect on the adult collector.

I personally love movie figures. I guess the reason I like the movie versions so much is that they are so compatible. I do like comic toys, but there are so many versions that are artist specific that don't seem to fit in with other comic figures. However, I know most people don't agree with me, which spawned this idea. I think I would name the line "Marvel Films," or "Marvel Productions," or something to that effect.

Here is the line-up that I have been thinking of. I know some of these figures have already been made but some need to be updated with the current style of articulation or to lose their action features.

Wave 1

• Daredevil w/ billy club, walking stick, and interchangeable Murdock head

• X3 Storm w/ attachable lightning effects and soft goods cape

• Johhny Blaze in Stunt Suit w/ racing helmet, cowboy hat, and cane

• X3 Iceman w/ attachable ice effects (3 versions- 1 solid, 1 partially iced up, 1 fully iced up)

• Final Battle Punisher w/ compound bow, rifle, pistol/ holster, and claymore mine

Wave 2

• Mystique

• X3 Pyro w/ attachable flame effects

• Nick Fury (David Hasslehoff likeness) w/ rifle, pistol, and interchangeable eye-patch-less head

• Kingpin (Michael Clarke Duncan likeness) w/ cane, martini glass, and rose

• Bullseye w/ throwing stars

• Nightcrawler in X-Uniform (2 versions, one solid and one translucent "teleporting" version)

Wave 3

• Johnny Storm in FF Uniform with attachable flame effects

• Ben Grimm "de-powered" in FF uniform

• Shadowcat with Leech pack-in (2 versions, one solid, one translucent "phasing" version

• Sabertooth w/ interchangeable growling head and soft goods overcoat

• Lady Deathstrike w/ interchangeable clawed hands

Wave 4

• Bruce Banner (Eric Bana likeness) w/ gamma ray device

• Silver Surfer w/ Cosmic Board (2 versions, one shiny cosmic power version, one dull "powerless" version)

• Elektra w/ 2 sais

• X3 Final Battle Wolverine w/ interchangeable parts revealing Adamantium skeleton

• Toad w/ slimeballs and steel pipe staff

• X3 Rogue w/ interchangeable silver "Colossus deco" head/ hands, translucent "Shadowcat deco" head/ hands and "Iceman deco" clear head/ hands

Wave 5

• Mephistopheles w/ cane

• Caretaker (human form, Sam Elliot likeness) w/ shovel and Contract of San Vanganza

• Dr. Doom w/ attachable lightning effects

• X2 Jean Grey w/ attachable energy effects

• Punisher (Dolph Lundgren likeness)

• Man-Thing with a few skeleton accessories

Multipack Ideas

• David Bruce Banner and Hulk ( Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno likenesses)

• Final Battle Daredevil and Kingpin (battle damaged versions)

• The Hidden – Wallow, Gressil and Abigor

• Prisoner Magneto and Professor Xavier, with non-magnetic wheelchair and chessboard

I am very interested to hear other people's thoughts on this but please, please don't simply post only "movie figurez are the suck." I know some people don't like them, but please don't turn this thread into a bashing figures one. If you don't like movie figures that's fine but let's have a dialogue and not a rant.

I am with you all the way dude !!!!!!!!!!!!! #US1# awesome ideas ..............

i hope hasbro are reading if they want to make some money, lol, i hope they do this movie line but baf galactus from the film, or sentinel from x men 3, build a manthing lol, or build the phoenix force i know it wasnt in the film but would be a good BAF.

i really wanna see stryker and trask the military mens from x3

HASBRO i think you should take into account that not everyone was brought into marvel legends collecting because of the comics, i was brought up on the 90's x men cartoon and the movies, so comics never got me into it the only comics i have are from the marvel legends toybiz line and the storm and blackpanther wedding series, so for those people who saw the characters in the films first it would mean more to have movie figures over comic book style figures. so x3 storm now lol :).

i have a question??

why would they mix it up that way

having the movie figs with rest

can they just have it like in sections.. the way they have the Spiderman figs

they can just have

Avengers series

X-men series

and so on

I think it's a good idea. While I don't have much of a problem if they put some movie figures in the regular Marvel Legends line, I at the same time don't think that too many should be put in the regular Marvel Legends line(Like the X3 figures), espeically when there are waves with Build A Figures in them. Your idea seems to be the best way to get movie figures out without affecting the regular Marvel Legends line. That said, I do believe that if Hasbro ever did a X-men or Fantastic Four line similar to their Spider-man Orgins/Classics line, then I wouldn't mind their movie counterparts and comics counterparts mixed together, unless they decide to do Build A Figures with those lines(In my opinion, Build A Figures should really only stay in the normal Marvel Legends line, and not any other spin-off/6" lines, such as Spider-man Orgins, Movie 6" Iron Man, Movie 6" Spider-man, etc. Those 6" lines could have Build-A-Figures, but really only once and a while).

Yeah I know its not perfect, but I really can't think of any other way to show her power. I would not make it clear clear, but only translucent in the same color as the rest of her.

I thought of another multipack

•William Stryker and Weapon X w/ pistol, walkie talkie, Weapon X helmet, and interchangeable clawed hands

pop off parts would work pretty good for kitty.