Marvel Legends capes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xmenstorm1

most superheroes are known for their capes, but on figures they limit the articulation due to hard plastic, some figures have soft bendable plastic and others have material then you have the rock solid hard plastic which looks good but does limit the figures movement a hell of alot.

so wich capes do you prefer........

hard plastic

soft plstic

material

beta ray bill, his cape was one that kept its shape but also was very easily bent but still kept its shape.

banshee,this figure just wouldnt have been pulled off if it wasnt a material cape , but although its material its cool and alows the figure to move.

storm series 8, agin soft plastic allows the figure to move, if hasbro were to make fa storm i would like the cape to be soft plastic or material and the cape to be twice the size as the one on the prototype to keep to authentic look of the character.

lord thor, one of hasbros capes, mmmm well it was rock solid looked awsome but did limit how you could pose this figure but i did like the fact that it was removeable.

moon knight, again kept its shape but moved another good soft plastic cape.

if they did make fa storm would you want a bigger cape than the prototype and would you prefer plastic or material??????????????

i say cloth. why cuase i want them to make another Dr Strange and i want to be able to move him this time. the Ml 8 Doc Strange was an amazing figure but i think that the cape really brought it down. at least with the cloth he would of having better range of move mention.

hopefully they'll do cloth version of some wanted characters as well. Cloak is the first person that comes to mind. if he had a plstic cape he won't be abel to move at all.

Is asking for a wire framed cloth cape asking for too much?

would that make the cape posable too, if they make fa storm the cape has to be twice the length of the prototype picture and to get her to pose like the pictures on the front of some comics this cape idea with material and wire is really good.

I'm all for cloth capes.

i want cloth capes too but they need to be a resistant material, like on bashee, because i remember my magneto x men 1 movie figure it had a material cape looked real cool but pulled real easy, and then looked tatty, but if hasbro use the same material as the bashee figure had it will work, and look good, so hope they read this make fa storm make her cape a lot bigger and out of some good materialwith safe wire inside and then the cape will be poseable too, lol. :)

Like Ing, I would love cloth capes on most figures, but ever since the release of Spawn acion figures in the 90's (remember when McFarlane toys actually MOVED) the cloth cape became the new rage. Some cloth/ material capes go well with posing. The Mandarin would have been a winner if his garment was cloth or even sculpted instead of being all plastic.

And yes, the Banshee was a brilliant move witht he cloth. I hope the same can be said for the up-coming Blackbolt figure.

However, I liked how I could use the GM Thor's cape to pose as If he was falling backwards without actually falling down. And who can argue against how great the ML-8 Storm was with her plastic cape. Aside from those examples most hard plastic capes are posing nuisances. I hope Hasbro does make figures such as Cloak and the Shroud or even Stingray with HUGE cloth material capes. On those figures, plastic would be so limiting.

most superheroes are known for their capes, but on figures they limit the articulation due to hard plastic, some figures have soft bendable plastic and others have material then you have the rock solid hard plastic which looks good but does limit the figures movement a hell of alot.

so wich capes do you prefer........

hard plastic

soft plstic

material

beta ray bill, his cape was one that kept its shape but also was very easily bent but still kept its shape.

banshee,this figure just wouldnt have been pulled off if it wasnt a material cape , but although its material its cool and alows the figure to move.

storm series 8, agin soft plastic allows the figure to move, if hasbro were to make fa storm i would like the cape to be soft plastic or material and the cape to be twice the size as the one on the prototype to keep to authentic look of the character.

lord thor, one of hasbros capes, mmmm well it was rock solid looked awsome but did limit how you could pose this figure but i did like the fact that it was removeable.

moon knight, again kept its shape but moved another good soft plastic cape.

if they did make fa storm would you want a bigger cape than the prototype and would you prefer plastic or material??????????????

I think soft pts is ok .........

i like how every thread you make ultimately comes down to dealing with storm

thannk you, lol, i said i wouldnt start a topic about storm, but she is only mentioned in a sentance or two im doing well, lol. but cloth capes should be taken into consideration, it makes most characters look more powerful, a plastic cape is ok on emma frost, but on thor i would have wanted to see a material cape.

i like how every thread you make ultimately comes down to dealing with storm

thannk you, lol, i said i wouldnt start a topic about storm, but she is only mentioned in a sentance or two im doing well, lol. but cloth capes should be taken into consideration, it makes most characters look more powerful, a plastic cape is ok on emma frost, but on thor i would have wanted to see a material cape.

he was being sarcastic. enough with storm already. yeesh! :P

he was being sarcastic. enough with storm already. yeesh! :P

NEEEEVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :)

Good Grief !!! I can't wait for any ML Wave to come out now, Please !!! And talk about real stuff. . . These forums are just really killing me talking about ccccCAPES and bbbBAFS and sssStorms and more sssSstorms and more ssssStorms. Can we just get some real topics on these boards. It's like reading thru a lot of muddled crap of rehashed topics of which one is the best version of this and that or Hasbro sucks and ToyBiz sucks crapfest. And you see the same issue from last month and resurrected again weeks later. It's like we are always talking in circles about the same stuff.

Good Grief !!! I can't wait for any ML Wave to come out now, Please !!! And talk about real stuff. . . These forums are just really killing me talking about ccccCAPES and bbbBAFS and sssStorms and more sssSstorms and more ssssStorms. Can we just get some real topics on these boards. It's like reading thru a lot of muddled crap of rehashed topics of which one is the best version of this and that or Hasbro sucks and ToyBiz sucks crapfest. And you see the same issue from last month and resurrected again weeks later. It's like we are always talking in circles about the same stuff.

WHOA WHOA WHOA PARTNER! Stop right there……

Someone said Toybiz sucked? ;)

Oh boy, it's time to break out that ole topic about Hasbro don't make good figures because of crappy joints and lack of paint apps and ugly smiling facials. And somebody gonna come back about ToyBiz' too many articulations that comes loose after some time and cheap plastic. We've gone through all this before. any takers ??? Giddyaup !!

CAPES: (in my opinion)

As far as capes go, it really does depend on the character and the posability of the figure. I thought that Hasbro Banshee's cape was a GOOD choice for cloth as it's unusual bat-wing type placement does not interefere with his posability.

Many figures with "normal" capes seem to do fine with rubber capes. However, I think Hasbro's White Queen and Black Queen's capes were a very BAD choice for rubber. They should have been cloth instead. Neither figure can raise their arms without dumping their cape!!

I don't mind rubber capes when they don't interfere w/ the posability of the figure

BUT

ANY CAPE that goes over the figure's shoulders should be made out of CLOTH!!

Which bring us tothe FA Storm prototype while the figure looks good, the tiny cape does nothing for it at all. Here's another instance where the figure will not be able to raise it's arms. STORM NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO RAISE HER ARMS & LOOK GOOD!! Storm needs a CLOTH cape to be able to raise her arms. (It's what she does most!!) OR maybe a 2-part cape like the one produced by Toybiz in 1998 for the Giant-Sized Boxed set.

im not keen on this custom figure i found on ebay however im just making the point about how cool it makes the figure look with a material cape, gives a more powerful look, and more articulation.

storm2.jpg

storm4.jpg

storm3.jpg

im not keen on this custom figure i found on ebay however im just making the point about how cool it makes the figure look with a material cape, gives a more powerful look, and more articulation.

storm2.jpg

storm4.jpg

storm3.jpg

i would be happy if hasbro made this storm, the cape wat u think of the cape.