Is the yellow Stalker really worth this much?

DarthJoe

Saw this on ebay today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-JOE-25TH-ANNIVERSA...1QQcmdZViewItem

That's an insane price IMO.

I've been seeing wave 1 Snake Eyes w/Black Timber go in the $75.00-$100.00 range too.

That's just stupid. I snapped the arm off my yellow stalker when i found the green one and returned it to target. Who knew I threw away $300? Crazy

That's insane!

I opened my SE w/ Black Timber.

The Yellow Stalker has been going up for crazy amounts - its mind boggling. Especially since I had two. I opened one and gave one to a friend. But, out of curiosity (and since I already have a green version) I threw my loose one up on E-bay starting at $.99. It still went for $88. :o So, that bought me a bunch more new GI Joe and Star Wars stuff.

On a side note, the SDCC Gold Destro is going for over $200 now and the silver headed one is reaching $100. Apparently, hard to find Joes are a hot (and expensive) commodity. But again, in the end its only worth what people will pay. So are they worth it? To someone they were.

i still need one, if anybody can help me out.

Yep I sold both my yellow Stalker and black Timber for a total of $268.

Draven

Ya, I'm considering selling my Black Timber SE if it keeps going up in price.

That's quite a few more Joe's I could buy with that money. :D

shame, i really wanted one to. If you got one sale it now, i'd say when the toon pack w/ stalker comes out the prices will go down, that one has a lot of tan in it.

Yep I sold both my yellow Stalker and black Timber for a total of $268.

Draven

Ya, I'm considering selling my Black Timber SE if it keeps going up in price.

That's quite a few more Joe's I could buy with that money. :D

Go for it man! I don't regret it one bit! Though I used my money to go towards a vacation I am taking to meet my girls family. :)

Draven

whoa! that's crazy! wish i could remember which city i left my yellow stalker in, hehehe. i was checkin out the

bidders on that auction, i'm always suspicous of bidders with a "1" rating driving up the price, oh well.

It's simple supply and demand. If there are enough people out there trying to form complete collections, including variants, then the limited number of these that hit the market will continue to rise in price.

I recall someone from LA selling a bunch of yellow stalkers in November, at $80 a pop. That seemed crazy at the time. Looking back, you could have made a decent profit off those by holding on to them.

Think of it like this... in coin collecting... there's the 1909 SVDB Lincoln Wheat Penny. Those go for thousands. Do coin collectors say "oh that's ridiculous, it's only a penny" ? Of course not. Because of rarity.

It's a good thing Hasbro doesn't publish production numbers, or that those numbers don't get leaked somehow. It would send the Joe market into turmoil. Yellow stalkers would drop in value, and other figures like the Shark Tattooed Shipwreck would likely increase in value (I assert that the Shark Shipwrecks were probably produced in similar numbers to the Yellow Stalker).

Yellow Stalker just gets so much attention because he's a visibly *different* figure. Noticeably so. I think it's the golden rule of variants / errors. The grosser the error, the higher the value.

$.02

of all the figures released subsequently to the initial few waves I wonder why there aren't other ones that are considered errors or variants that are skyrocketing in price? me thinks hasbro knew exactly what they were up to with these figures and I also suspect the prices are being artificially inflated and will fall back to a more reasonable price soon. There are online retailers selling normal figures for 20 bucks a pop. It doesn't make sense and the greed makes me sick. having said that I sure do wish I had a Yellow stalker though.

Dang. I have one, loose, but saw...5 or 6 of these on the pegs. I remember thinking they would be rare because Hasbro had already, by that point, announced the running change. Guess I should've snagged the extras. Oh well, hopefully a kid or collector got them.

Yeah and now they are selling them on ebay for 250

Last time I counted I had around 10 Snake Eyes with black Timber...

I kept finding them at Kmarts cause Kmarts were the only stores to get the Joes in so I kept buying them whenever I saw them...

Who the hell would pay that kind of money for a variant?

A S-U-C-K-E-R, thats who.

Maybe I should sell my yellow stalker on e-bay if suckers are paying crazy prices for it.

Bidding starts at $1000.00

Take that suckers