Should Sauron Be a BAF?

tarot

Sauron BAF? YES OR NO?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sauron be a BAF?

• HELL YEAH!
    • OH DAMN NO!!!

Outside of a video game cut scene and maybe a 10 minute boss batte. Shadow King really hasn't had an established look that IMO is strong enough to warrent a BAF. He's another one of those backdrop charecters like the Kree Supreme Intelligence that would look good standing behind your figures, but really isn't worth wasting shelf space on. Abyss has only had a couple mainstream 616 appearances besides the AOA ones and the video game. He might make a fairly decent single caded figure IF they could figure out how to do his arms or torso to show him using his powers, but there are larger charecters with more appearances that are better suited to the BAF concept. I'm all for a Living Monolith, but honestly he hasn't appeared more than a handfull of times in comics in the past 20-30 years and besides he would need to be Giant Man size to look half way decent. Personally I've always hated Nimrod's name and original color scheme. Altho the pale scarlet he's been sporting in recent issue's of New X-Men is a slight improvement. When it comes to more Sentinals I'd much rather have a classic one as a BAF or Bastion with some OZT Prime Sentinals as army builders.

Abyss has only had a couple mainstream 616 appearances besides the AOA ones and the video game. He might make a fairly decent single caded figure IF they could figure out how to do his arms or torso to show him using his powers

I think that "spring" effect has been done with the FF Movie Line on Mr. Fantastic back in 2005? Anyways, I can think of ways you can probably customize this guy. Grab one of those plastic "spring" thingies at the Discovery Store or Imaginarium outlets and maybe attach these to the limbs of your action figure to customize and and kind of modify Mephisto son's head to look like Abyss' head and you get the picture . . . .

i'd love to have a sauron ML, but i don't think that he should be a BAF... he's not really a very big character... i think he's slightly larger than the rest of the characters, but he's still not that big... but when you think about hasbro's BAFs, it's like sauron's gonna be a BAF if ever he makes it to the ML line... annihilus, and ronan could easily have been single-carded figs... i hope they make an ML sauron, and i hope that he is single-carded... let's save the BAF slot for a character who is really big...

I love the X-Men, but debating Sauron's potential status as a BAF tells me that we're running out of BAF ideas. Sauron is a tall, skinny guy with a big dino head; he should be a regular figure a la Angel from the Sentinel series. Speaking of the Sentinel series, that's my vote for the next BAF, a repaint of the Sentinel BAF. Make a mega 8-10 figure X-Men wave to justify the cost, but that's the BAF that would draw the most interest.

I love the X-Men, but debating Sauron's potential status as a BAF tells me that we're running out of BAF ideas. Sauron is a tall, skinny guy with a big dino head; he should be a regular figure a la Angel from the Sentinel series.

I'm glad someone finally brought that one up. Sauron, according to Marvel's data, is about seven feet tall. That's not all that big in ML scale. The big deal is his wings... and those really shouldn't be any larger than Angel's wingspan. We already received an Angel with huge wings AND a Sentinel piece, so we know that Sauron can be done in similar fashion.

The question, of course, is not 'can' he be done this way, but 'will' he be done this way?

No way Sauron should be a BAF, I agree that if Angel was packaged why can't he? Also he is a pretty lame character there are far bettter X-men villains that coul be made, Exodus anyone? Besides has anyone noticed the overabundance of X-men related BAFs: Blob,Apocalypse, Onslaught, Sentinel, Holocaust, Mojo. I love the X-men as much as the next guy but give us a break, the Marvel universe is full of non X-men characters why don't make them as BAFs. Atlas, Eternity, Dormmamu, Ymir, Surtur, High Evolutionary, Yellowjacket, Living Tribunal among others heck at this point I'll take a Stilt -Man BAF if it gives us a break from the X-men. If it's really gonna be made I vote regular and maybe if it's a good figure I'll buy it.

Wow, a poll on if Sauron should be a future BAF!!! No WAY!!!!

Since this is X-Men related, only characters such as Nimrod or the Living Monolith or even corny Krakoa can really be considered, Sauron is a lame excuse for a BAF and that concept needs to be seriously re-thought if that is what this is coming to.

A good idea for an X-Men BAF would be the Imperial Gaurd. Create about 6 or 7 characters and make that giant dude (I think his name was Titan), otherwise lets save the BAF for more deserving figs such as: Ulik, Blastaar, Ultimo, or Atlas.

i have just had a great idea for a BAF, re release the sentinel, but different this time.

last time the sentinel was compleate it had its body shell and looked complete, i think they should do a sentinel BAF with battle damage or and un completed sentinel so its chest is open or like the sentinel off x men evolution where it had a claw arm and weapon shoulders.

i think either and unfinnished sentinel, or a super armour and weapon one like evolution would be cool, and it did well last time so an even cooler one would do even better.

I love the X-Men, but debating Sauron's potential status as a BAF tells me that we're running out of BAF ideas. Sauron is a tall, skinny guy with a big dino head; he should be a regular figure a la Angel from the Sentinel series.

I'm glad someone finally brought that one up. Sauron, according to Marvel's data, is about seven feet tall. That's not all that big in ML scale. The big deal is his wings... and those really shouldn't be any larger than Angel's wingspan. We already received an Angel with huge wings AND a Sentinel piece, so we know that Sauron can be done in similar fashion.

The question, of course, is not 'can' he be done this way, but 'will' he be done this way?

The bubbles on the Hasbro cards are smaller than the bubbles on the Toybiz packages. There's very little space for such large parts.

Sauron would likely have to be a BAF to give us a truly spectacular looking character, or he could fit within the existing bubbles for a border-line half-assed version.

I disagree though that Sauron is a sign we are running out of BAF ideas.

He's a visually spectacular character ( who can argue with a dinosaur-man in terms of popular appeal) and has a long history with the X-men. Anyone not knowing or caring about the character, I would suggest going back to the reprints of the Neal Adams and John Byrne-era stories that featured Sauron in around the Savage Land.

There are many other possibilities for BAFs, many of which have been listed in forums like this. The bottom of the barrel is very deep still.