spectacular spider-man

shokker

The show was awesome! It was real funny too, I loved it! The animation is fine, it fits! Plus its with the times, people have to adjust.

Also side note, Wolverine and the X-Men. Only going to be shown in the UK. We wont get to see it...only on YouTube unfortunately.

it's going to be shown in the UK ? okay thats news to me as we haven't got any announcement of such a show be shown yet.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if this series is what we get I can live with it,comics have a very distinct look to them that has'nt been translated well to the small screen,with the exception of a few shows in the 80's,solo spidey was a personal favorite,I think transformers got it right an so did gi joe but alas they were'nt original comic properties.During the late 80's there was an x-men pilot done by sunbow that the art was perfect,imo.Granted the themes were very kid friendly,an the voice acting was off(wolverine had an aussie accent)but animation had a very comic feel to it.Now we have all this hybrid manga\anime stuff that really does'nt appeal like a comic does,give me some dc/marvel inspired comicbook animation,an not the stuff shown in the new animated marvel movies either,which is better but still not up to snuff.

I enjoyed both episodes of the new series. It is a bit kiddish, but of course it is - it and the figures are aimed at a younger audience. My son (almost 3) really enjoyed them too. I found it humorous how they did their best to include as many villains in the two episodes as they possibly could.

And the list mentioned eariler on villains spotted - add Octavius to the list because I'm fairly certain that is who the scientist in Osborne's lab was.

I thought there were lots of things wrong with it.It look very kiddish,Spider-man looks like a tooth pick and the villians look like they are on roids.Why was vulture red and black and not green and the first episode should had been him getting bit by the spider shockers outfit was dumb looking and terrible wriiting and please no one bash me on my opions.

i agree 100%, i didnt like it too childish no detail in the character, i couldnt even tell who half of the characters were it was that different, :( very dissapointed.

very nice theme song very catchy, nice animation very clean, i'm not so threal about the design of the charecters but it's growing on me buttom line very cool first episodes i hope they'll do it more edgy and i got to go renegad on you about electro he looks great and i hope it's stay that way can't wait for new episodes

nemesis as spoken @firedevil@

just watched it, i have to say it wasnt as good as i though or your all making out, it is actually really boring its to kiddi cartoony for me i prefer the animated series of spiderman better drawn characters, i though the new fantastic 4 cartoon was better than this, im looking forward to wolverine and the x men.

Now its been a while but I'm sure he hit people in that series as well as kicked.... I'm sure he did in the older series before the that one as well!

okay since when is a cartoon based one spidey not for kids? and in the 90 cartoon he never even hit some one. in this he does.

Anyone else think that the Gargoyle Spidey webbed onto in the Vulture episode looked like Brooklyn from Disney's Gargoyles cartoon, and yes Saturdays The Batman was the last one. In the Fall they will premiere The Brave and the Bold, a team-up show with Batman teaming with other heroes.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that I loved that series :) I laughed when I found out he was the voice of the big fat green tf on the new tf series :D

Great show, loved it. Had a lot of blink and you'd miss them character appearances. The great thing about the style is you can get tons of characters into the show that you couldn't get due to cost if you went 90's SM style.

I thought there were lots of things wrong with it.It look very kiddish,Spider-man looks like a tooth pick and the villians look like they are on roids.Why was vulture red and black and not green and the first episode should had been him getting bit by the spider shockers outfit was dumb looking and terrible wriiting and please no one bash me on my opions.

That's because Pete is 15 he's suppose to be small.

Spider-man is 15, same age as the Ultimate Spider-man so hes drawn small. The villians shown so far are varied in size. Vulture was scrawny, Osborn was thin, Ock was short and chubby (guy Tumes was chewing out), Sandman and Rhino (guy running beside Marko) were pumped huge, Hammerhead and Montana were normal sized people, Fancy Dan was short but average build, Ox was fricken huge, Electro was lanky but athletic, Stan Carter (who will eventually become Sin-Eater) was an athletic cop, Frederick Foswell (Bigman) was average guy looking. All these were accurate depictions of the characters.

Vulture was in red and black due to Spider-man having so many villains wearing green, the team thought it was a good idea to update costumes where approrpiate. They decided to give Vulture colors you would actually see on a Vulture, there are no green vultures. Vulture and a ton of old school baddies being green was an effect of 60's coloring limitations in print. Most publishers at the time used the method of making villians secondary color pallets and heroes primary colors. So you'd wouldn't have the hero and villain blending in together during fights do to the limitations of print back then.

Elektro's outfit is a containment suit for his powers hastily made after the accident by the hospital. It may not be his final costume, hopefully its not.

The writing is in the same style as the Lee/Ditko/Romita days. Spider-man even defeats the vulture the same way he did in the original comic.

Give me a call when Mysterio shows up - or more like if he shows up. But point being, I have little to no interest in continuing watching this show.

That is somewhat interesting on the green color pattern of many Spider-Man foes though. I’ve actually noticed this before. Considering you’ve got Vulture, Lizard, Scorpion, Sandman, Mysterio, Doc Ock, Electro, and perhaps a few others I’m forgetting, all having primarily green costumes or being best known in color, as well as arguably Spidey’s main foe choosing his stage name to even include the color green (goblin), I don’t see the color change all that big an insult. That is a bit of a green overload. Any more and one would think they’re all for saving the environment. ;)

This show is obviously geared to the under 10 crowd. Sorry, big pass for me.

Man, I miss the BT DCU!

This show is obviously geared to the under 10 crowd. Sorry, big pass for me.

Man, I miss the BT DCU!

That and its actually geared towards the Hard Core comic fans. It's based off the original books but modernized. You can't get any better than that. I dont know why so many people are turned off by this series. There giving you everything could ask for also putting into play with the big picture as a whole. There thinking about the target audience, how there going to make the series successful and staying true to the books.

Compared to the 90's series this is trash. Plain and simple. Nothing about the new series is better than the 90's series.

Why so? I think its better. Reason? It's more in tune with the comic books. Peter is 15. Spider-Man is funnier, whittier, and i'm pretty sure we are going to see Pete actually punch a bad guy in the series.

quick question when is this on again?

It's on at 10. So you have to decide if you want to watch Transformers Animated, this show, or Ninja Turtles.

Compared to the 90's series this is trash. Plain and simple. Nothing about the new series is better than the 90's series.

You can't really compare a 65 episode run of a cartoon that ran from 94 - 98 to a brand new cartoon that we have seen 2 episodes of. I grew up with the 94 series and it is definitely a great show, but before that I loved Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends in 1981 and before that I watched re-runs of the 1967-70 animated show. Lets not forget the MTV animated series that ran in 2003 that was also good.

I have enjoyed most all of the Spider-Man incarnations (wasn't a huge fan of Spider-Man unlimited in 99), and am glad we have this new version. Just give it some time because I don't believe 2 episodes is long enough to make a proper judgment on it.

You can't really compare a 65 episode run of a cartoon that ran from 94 - 98 to a brand new cartoon that we have seen 2 episodes of. I grew up with the 94 series and it is definitely a great show, but before that I loved Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends in 1981 and before that I watched re-runs of the 1967-70 animated show. Lets not forget the MTV animated series that ran in 2003 that was also good.

I have enjoyed most all of the Spider-Man incarnations (wasn't a huge fan of Spider-Man unlimited in 99), and am glad we have this new version. Just give it some time because I don't believe 2 episodes is long enough to make a proper judgment on it.

I dont think he even watched the series, he just blurted whatever was on his mind. Btw i'm lovin the opening theme song to this series! SPECTACULAR-SPECTACULAR-SPIDER-MAN!

I dont think he even watched the series, he just blurted whatever was on his mind. Btw i'm lovin the opening theme song to this series! SPECTACULAR-SPECTACULAR-SPIDER-MAN!

No lil' fella I always speak the truth. The animation in the 94' series was better. The look and design of all the characters was better. The action was better. The script and writing was better. The 90's series was also true to the comics. He was a MAN in college not a sissy in high school. The first few seasons of the 90's series was pure gold. The new series might turn out to be all right but there is no way in hell it will be better than the pedigree that was set in the 90's.

Hes in high school because they started the show at a point a little after where Stan Lee started the comic. The plan is to follow the comics as close as possible while preserving as much as they possibly can from transition from comics to tv screen. They are also borrowing from Ultimate Spider-man in some areas to modernize and tell better stories than the comics. For example Brock being Conner's assistant comes from Ultimate Spidey and is arguably a lot better than Brock being crazy reporter no one had ever seen or heard of before Venom appeared in ASM 300. The producers plan to evetually cover every Spider-man storyline possible so long as they get to make it. The plan is to have Peter age a year each season. So he will eventually grow and go to college and Gwen will eventually die at GG's hands. WB allows death in their Superhero shows look at Batan and Superman. The animation was changed to something that can be animated quickly, cheaply, and move fluidly. The animation style allows many more characters to appear on screen than the 90's version could afford. We've seen over 40 unique character's on screen in less than 2 eps.

The 90's series was great but it was not true to the comics, it was censored beyond belief, and The animation while good was short in a lot of ways and heavily reused.

Morbius sucked peoples blood, he didn't drink Plasma from his hand and he never became a Man-bat knockoff. Kraven and Calypso were never good guys like they were in the series. Venom did not come back from space on John Jameson's rocket. Smythe did not work for Osborn or Kingpin. Osborn did not work for Kingpin. Green Goblin came first not Hobgoblin. Jason Macendale was the Hobgoblin in the show not Ned Leeds or Roderick Kingsley. Morbius and Blackcat never had a relationship. Mary Jane was not a water clone. There was never an Insidious 6. Worst of all though the 90's show had Electro being Red Skull's son.

The episode with Electro was animated horribly at one point a scene is mixed up, its a fight scene with spoilers that is supposed to occur later in the ep, it starts suddenly then just stops and its back to talking, its a horrible cut that just kills the ep and it still hasn't been fixed to this day. Most of the animation was reused especially Spider-man. It was common for people to do the same moves as an earlier ep either flipped or in front of new scenery.

I still love the 90's show though. But I love Spectacular as much.