DCUC Series 2 Found @ Retail

Jase

Every time I think about wal mart getting an entire line as exclusives I wanna vomit!! WM has a SH*T track record when it comes to helping customers or being in stock.

I don't know, when they had an exclusive with Toybiz for the Giantman wave of ML they were pretty well stocked and kept 'em coming out every time the supply dwindled. I'm not saying they'll do a great job or anything but I'm hopeful.

its not the point. they let go of the line. i dont think that a store that only carried the line up to the "steel" wave should get exclusives. i got ALL of my dcsh/dcuc figs from target!(toysRus got me clayface & catwoman) toysRus gets the 2-packs(fine) and faithful dcsh/dcuc carrier "target" gets what?!.....SH*T!!!!!!!

Exactly, why should a chain that doesn't stock the line to begin with, deserve to carry an exclusive wave.

The usual reason: money talks

yeah...and bullsh*t runs the marathon!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Mira Mesa Target tonight and the person working toys said that last week they got a case of wave 2 and already sold out. They did have all of wave 1 left. I think he is a fan cause he knew what I was talking about. Not like the typical huh response I get with Gi joe.

Yay nice to meet another San Diegan in the hunt for wave 2....I check Mira Mesa about once a week too and all they have is Wave 1...I went to the Target in Kearny Mesa about 2 weeks ago and same deal..let's definitely keep each other posted. I have a feeling once wave 3 hits, we'll see more of wave 2.... @hmmm@

Hi,

and it's a deal!! I tell you, I can't wait for comic-con. I am definetly picking up Lobo!!

CT as a whole has pretty much regressed back to wave 1, with smatterings of 2 here and there. Makes me wonder if the same thing is going to happen when 3 starts showing up. If that's the case, then patience is the best recourse. I hate to say it, because I love (therapeutic?) to go out and find sh!t, but it seems like ordering a case online is the easiest, most reliable way to go. I actually did a cost analysis of last weekend's 'hunt', and while I travelled 80 miles, stopping at 5 W-marts, 3 Targets, and 2 TrUs, I only picked up stuff at 2 of those locations. Means it cost me $8 in gas (Honda Civic) to do what $0.50 would have cost me if I called around. (I also just now found out there is no 'cent' sign on my keyboard, which really hurts! When did that happen?!?)

CT as a whole has pretty much regressed back to wave 1, with smatterings of 2 here and there. Makes me wonder if the same thing is going to happen when 3 starts showing up. If that's the case, then patience is the best recourse. I hate to say it, because I love (therapeutic?) to go out and find sh!t, but it seems like ordering a case online is the easiest, most reliable way to go. I actually did a cost analysis of last weekend's 'hunt', and while I travelled 80 miles, stopping at 5 W-marts, 3 Targets, and 2 TrUs, I only picked up stuff at 2 of those locations. Means it cost me $8 in gas (Honda Civic) to do what $0.50 would have cost me if I called around. (I also just now found out there is no 'cent' sign on my keyboard, which really hurts! When did that happen?!?)

try the super markets like stop & shop, shoprite, ect, if you do go to wal-mart, target, so on, get there way early,if you can, , my friend and i were going to go to all these store, but gas is like 4.33 now,

Every time I think about wal mart getting an entire line as exclusives I wanna vomit!! WM has a SH*T track record when it comes to helping customers or being in stock.

I don't know, when they had an exclusive with Toybiz for the Giantman wave of ML they were pretty well stocked and kept 'em coming out every time the supply dwindled. I'm not saying they'll do a great job or anything but I'm hopeful.

its not the point. they let go of the line. i dont think that a store that only carried the line up to the "steel" wave should get exclusives. i got ALL of my dcsh/dcuc figs from target!(toysRus got me clayface & catwoman) toysRus gets the 2-packs(fine) and faithful dcsh/dcuc carrier "target" gets what?!.....SH*T!!!!!!!

Exactly, why should a chain that doesn't stock the line to begin with, deserve to carry an exclusive wave.

The usual reason: money talks

yeah...and bullsh*t runs the marathon!

Can't argue with that.

theres a guy over at the fwoosh thats selling a complete set (classic aquaman) for 60 + shipping.....cant say i didnt try to help!

devilmonkey

Full set of DCUC2 for C/Sicon_quote.gif Picked up an extra set in case anyone needed them.

I'd like to sell them as a lot if at all possible. These are the non-variant versions.

Harley, Aquaman, Manta, Firestorm & both Superman red and blue. $9.99 each, so 59.94 for the set plus shipping (can ship loose for cheaper if you're an opener).

Let me know if anyone's interested. Will do paypal so we're both protected.

May consider trading for WM Thor, and some other avengers-themed ML's (loose is fine)

try the super markets like stop & shop, shoprite, ect, if you do go to wal-mart, target, so on, get there way early,if you can, , my friend and i were going to go to all these store, but gas is like 4.33 now,

$4.33???

Damn

Still I want to get back to Norwalk someday...

I haven't seen wave 2 in about a month so its happening all over

Well my guys weren't "found at retail" but I DID get my case the other day! Woo hoo! Of course, the Aquaman is AWESOME! One of my favorite super hero figures that I own. Didn't get the long hair Aquaman or black Firestorm, but I really couldn't care less. Suprised how much I like Supes Blue and Red. They look great together. I alos have a feeling that my Harley Quinn and a Heath Joker would look great together......now if I could FIND a Heath Joker....

The coolest part is, I actually found and bought a blue Supes at retail about 3 months ago (the ONLY time I ever saw them). So, not needing two blue Supes, I took the one I got in the case the other day back to Target to see if they could look him up with my check card. Wasn't sure if the UPCs would be the same or not. But it turns out they WERE and I got my $10 back. Nice!

$4.33???

Damn

Still I want to get back to Norwalk someday...

I haven't seen wave 2 in about a month so its happening all over

I didn't think of it til just now, but if anyone wants to come to the Toy Show on June 1 (tomorrow) at the North Haven Holiday Inn it starts at 10pm.

I'll be the Arcane Collectibles table. Any Fwoosher who mentions this post gets 10% off (or more in some cases) on any of my stuff.

Sorry, I meant to say any TNIer who's there. I just copy and pasted that sentence from my post at Fwoosh.

Ok, so nobody from the TNI boards was there. Matter of fact, I didn't see anyone from here or Fwoosh at all. But I did grab a modern Aquaman from my friend. I put classic AM's head on him ^_^

Well my guys weren't "found at retail" but I DID get my case the other day! Woo hoo! Of course, the Aquaman is AWESOME! One of my favorite super hero figures that I own. Didn't get the long hair Aquaman or black Firestorm, but I really couldn't care less. Suprised how much I like Supes Blue and Red. They look great together. I alos have a feeling that my Harley Quinn and a Heath Joker would look great together......now if I could FIND a Heath Joker....

The coolest part is, I actually found and bought a blue Supes at retail about 3 months ago (the ONLY time I ever saw them). So, not needing two blue Supes, I took the one I got in the case the other day back to Target to see if they could look him up with my check card. Wasn't sure if the UPCs would be the same or not. But it turns out they WERE and I got my $10 back. Nice!

surprised they would take it back after a month @loll@ sorry .... 3 months ...

Sorry, I meant to say any TNIer who's there. I just copy and pasted that sentence from my post at Fwoosh.

Ok, so nobody from the TNI boards was there. Matter of fact, I didn't see anyone from here or Fwoosh at all. But I did grab a modern Aquaman from my friend. I put classic AM's head on him ^_^

:o! I wanted to do this too...but I'm unsure of how it would work...think you can explain it to me without breaking my (yet-to-be-obtained) Aquaman. Thanks!

:o! I wanted to do this too...but I'm unsure of how it would work...think you can explain it to me without breaking my (yet-to-be-obtained) Aquaman. Thanks!

Actually, I KNOW I can explain it without breaking your Aquaman @loll@

Seriously though, just boil a small pot of water on the stove (or a mug of water in the mic.) and dunk the head and neck into it for about 30-50 seconds. Once the plastic of the head is nice and soft, simply grab the head under the chin with your thumb and under the back of the head with your forefinger. Then steadily pull the head straight out from the body. If the neck peg comes off the body, don't panic! Just re-heat the head and use pliers to pull off the neck peg, then re-heat the torso and push the peg back into that. Just make sure you watch everything involved and if anything starts to stretch that you don't want to, just stop pulling and try again with a different angle or something.

Then heat the head you want to put on the body and pop it onto the neck peg.

Easy peasy!

i guess its a known fact amongst all of us TNIers that walmart isn't going to be carrying DCUC until the solomon grundy wave, but i was just at a walmart today (berlin turnpike newington, ct) and found a wave 1 etrigan and a wave 2 red superman.

just to be sure, i scanned them under the price finder and they both scanned at $11.44....

$11.44?! first the movie master figures, now these! walmart has definitely increased their prices. i noticed that with the mighty muggs too (i.e. $9.99 at TRU/Target and $10.44 at Walmart)

anyway, someone could've just returned those two DCU figs. i just thought it was an unusual find.