DCUC Series 2 Found @ Retail

Jase

Since the other thread is AWOL for now, I thought I would start a new one.

My case from CSC is supposed to be here tomorrow! WOO HOO!

i hope that they send u a classic.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm doing the happy dance! I'm doing the happy dance!" - Baseketball, Trey Parker

I made the rounds of northern CT (Targets, Walmarts, and TrU) (Windsor, Enfield, and West Hartford) and the first one I walk into has a full set of DCUC (Windsor). WITH CLASSIC AQUAMAN!!! So I went through the rest of my 'route' just to see, and here's what I found.

Windsor Target - all of wave 2, sans Aquaman. Classic Firestorm.

East Windsor Walmart - no DCUC, but all the new Batman stuff, Hulk stuff (AWFUL!! Not to scale at all!), and once again, the Bermuda Triangle missing wave 2 of G I Joe in spades! (WTF!?!)

Enfield Target - All of wave 1 DCUC, with at lesat 3 cases worth having been put out (I counted at least 3 Red Tornadoes, though I did not check to see if any were the long overdue modern variants...)

West Hartford TrU - oh HO! Another Classic Aquaman!!! And Wave 2 restocked. Classic Firestorm. I picked up the Aquaman for either Pooda or one of the local members, Syd, Mr Yak, or RedKat seeing as how we've been tracing each others steps for so long. Didn't want some schmuck to grab it for Ebay.

West Hartford Target - Only Superman red and blue left, so they should be restocking soon.

Bristol Walmart - Nothing. Always nothing. Even before Christmas, there was nothing. I don't know how that department is not fired. Walking through those aisles I expect to see coyotes chasing road runners while dodging tumbleweeds!

So the final results are thus - I now have in my possession both a modern and a classic Aquaman who are now free agents. Pooda has first dibs at them as he was cool enough to offer to attempt to find me a classic in his neck o' the woods, but if he does not want one or the other, I know the local guys have been hoofing it to get them too. I'll hold onto them all nice and protected-like, and will be going out again tomorrow to check out the Targets and TrU in central CT (Newington and Meriden) to see if they have any Sea Kings on hand. If they do, I'll grab them, or if one of the locals prefers, hide them real good so they can swing in and pick it up.

In the event that no one ends up wanting these (at cost, no profit to myself), I will return both of them to the TrU in Newington, and will post when I plan to do that, so someone here will at least have a headstart at getting their hands on them.

Not to make this post even longer, but it just goes to show, patience and perseverance totally pay off! And they haven't even started distibuting case 2A yet, with the modern Firestorm. So I think we will all have ample opportunity to snag whatever we're missing without bowing to the online retailers just yet.

Pooda, I'm sure you're already typing away, so I'll wait to hear from you first.

I will take that classic Aquaman if the case I get tomorrow has a modern! :)

I'm sorry, but Pooda jumped all over both items. But like I said, and as is apparent the the other post above, keep patient, if you get a hippie in your case, keep checking the stores. They are restocking. Hell, I found 2 in one day! And I went through the same thing with Red Tornado when that wave came out. Now look at them all! However, I will keep looking, and will let you know if I pick up anymore, although I expect you will probably find one locally before long.

Man, this could almost be it's own religion - patience, perseverance, and faith! Or even better - "If you keep looking, they will show up!"

Just got my case from BBTS today. Impressive!!! The Aquaman is definitely one fine piece of plastic!! @lol@ I am over all very pleased with what I see so far. I will open them up tomorrow. I got the classic Aquaman in my case. I want the modern one more, but if what I hear about the modern one being easier to find at the moment I am glad I got this one in my case!! Hope you get the one you want Jase!!

Draven

I just got my case from BBTS as well. And I too recieved the classic Aquaman and classic Firestorm. I was also relieved to see both blue and red supes in there, no need to hunt for anything from this wave now.

Just got my case from BBTS today. Impressive!!! The Aquaman is definitely one fine piece of plastic!! @lol@ I am over all very pleased with what I see so far. I will open them up tomorrow. I got the classic Aquaman in my case. I want the modern one more, but if what I hear about the modern one being easier to find at the moment I am glad I got this one in my case!! Hope you get the one you want Jase!!

Draven

Lucky you! I already have the modern but I want the classic too. ME WANTEE NOW!!!!! @smilepunch@

im not getting the classic from ares 6009, i was getting him 4 my uncle but he just got one without my help. im not greedy, and since im one of the lucky few with a classic already #US1# im not going to ruin anyones chance at happiness, so.....if ares 6009(which by the way, EVERYONE should be thanking) wants to give it up(which he will because he's dedicated to the cause) then by all means....get it!

im not getting the classic from ares 6009, i was getting him 4 my uncle but he just got one without my help. im not greedy, and since im one of the lucky few with a classic already #US1# im not going to ruin anyones chance at happiness, so.....if ares 6009(which by the way, EVERYONE should be thanking) wants to give it up(which he will because he's dedicated to the cause) then by all means....get it!

*raises hand*

Again, I'll take the classic! PLEASE?! :)

Syd's already laid claim to it. I know he's been working just as hard as I have to find this fig, and I'd feel bad about taking one away from a local to send elsewhere, especially since one of his friends just picked one up at one of the stores I was going to tomorrow. Jase, I hope you get a classic in that case, but I'll keep looking for you as they seem to be popping up in great numbers in this area. Syd's friend found his in Newington, so I still have Meriden to check, who last week had nothing but a Black Manta, so odds are hopeful. And also, it seems the TrUs are picking up the pace with these, so there's a couple of those for me to check also. Here's one though - I haven't heard anyone saying anything about KayBee. Is it that they aren't around you anymore, no one goes there aymore, or they just don't carry the line, a la Walmart? I still have a couple within my range that I could check, but if you all know they don't carry them, help me save some gas and let me know.

Now I can breathe a little bit before the next onslaught. I swear I'm going to plotz as soon as I see the post from someone in Oregon saying he's got wave 3!

Syd's already laid claim to it. I know he's been working just as hard as I have to find this fig, and I'd feel bad about taking one away from a local to send elsewhere, especially since one of his friends just picked one up at one of the stores I was going to tomorrow. Jase, I hope you get a classic in that case, but I'll keep looking for you as they seem to be popping up in great numbers in this area. Syd's friend found his in Newington, so I still have Meriden to check, who last week had nothing but a Black Manta, so odds are hopeful. And also, it seems the TrUs are picking up the pace with these, so there's a couple of those for me to check also. Here's one though - I haven't heard anyone saying anything about KayBee. Is it that they aren't around you anymore, no one goes there aymore, or they just don't carry the line, a la Walmart? I still have a couple within my range that I could check, but if you all know they don't carry them, help me save some gas and let me know.

Now I can breathe a little bit before the next onslaught. I swear I'm going to plotz as soon as I see the post from someone in Oregon saying he's got wave 3!

as far as i know, the kaybee in manchester mall has closed, as well as the one in vernon, and the kaybee toyworks in southington(plainville?)

i would've been all over those places too, and reporting, but they're non-existant.

ps- i'm not sure about the one in the meriden mall. i haven't been there in ages--ever since i dated this crazy rockabilly chick who worked at the hot topic there. hehehehe

*raises hand*

Again, I'll take the classic! PLEASE?! :)

you might just get it tomorrow....or not, i guess its better safe than sorry. the guy that lets me pop cases at wal mart says that they should be getting wave 3 as the start of wal mart carrying the line again. he said that we should be getting 2 waves(3&4) back to back starting june 9th. he's not sure, but he says thats what its gotta be because, they dont sell any DC figs but batman animated. he says its clearly on the manifest for june "mattel dcuc hyper 6 inch assortment". we shall see....

Draven

Lucky you! I already have the modern but I want the classic too. ME WANTEE NOW!!!!! @smilepunch@

Man I will try and find you one if you don't get a classic in your case! So what was the verdict?? If you get another Modern one, please hook me up man! :)

Draven

Draven

Man I will try and find you one if you don't get a classic in your case! So what was the verdict?? If you get another Modern one, please hook me up man! :)

Draven

My case will arrive tomorrow. It sat in Salt Lake City (a mere 4 hours away) for 27 hours before heading out again. @cussing@ If I end up with another modern, you get dibs man!

Draven

I just got my case from BBTS as well. And I too recieved the classic Aquaman and classic Firestorm. I was also relieved to see both blue and red supes in there, no need to hunt for anything from this wave now.

When did you two order your case from BBTS?? When I went there to order it, it has it listed for preorder.

*hugs knees* I want my toys!

Ouch man! That stinks! Thanks! Hope you get what you want though! If not I have a friend that might be able to find you a classic :)

Draven

Thanks, but I received my case from CSC today (thanks for the TOP NOTCH service, Thomas!) and I'm sooo happy to report that classic Aquaman was included!

I already have the modern Aquaman so now all I need is the Jason Firestorm, whenever he shows up. It's interesting to note that 3 of the figures in my case had lackluster paint apps. Superman Red, Superman Blue, and Black Manta. Luckily, I already own those three and I'm returning these to Target with my receipt.

Nice to be caught up....finally!

Ouch man! That stinks! Thanks! Hope you get what you want though! If not I have a friend that might be able to find you a classic :)

Draven

Thanks, but I received my case from CSC today (thanks for the TOP NOTCH service, Thomas!) and I'm sooo happy to report that classic Aquaman was included!

I already have the modern Aquaman so now all I need is the Jason Firestorm, whenever he shows up. It's interesting to note that 3 of the figures in my case had lackluster paint apps. Superman Red, Superman Blue, and Black Manta. Luckily, I already own those three and I'm returning these to Target with my receipt.

Nice to be caught up....finally!

glad u got your fig!

I am happy you got it, too! I just hope you understand now, if I sent you the one I gave Syd, then you'd have two, and he would have had none. I was just trying to weigh every possibility.

Congrats Jase! It sure is nice to be caught up, i agree. :) Well except now I need Modern and now wave 7 Joes, but it was oh so close to really being cuaght up two days ago. @loll@

Draven

I am happy you got it, too! I just hope you understand now, if I sent you the one I gave Syd, then you'd have two, and he would have had none. I was just trying to weigh every possibility.

That's one way of looking at it. ;)

Congrats Jase! It sure is nice to be caught up, i agree. :) Well except now I need Modern and now wave 7 Joes, but it was oh so close to really being cuaght up two days ago. @loll@

Draven

If I was buying the Joes, I'd NEVER be caught up! They churn those things out fast!

Time to open up my DCUC2!

Draven

Did you get my message?