DCUC Series 2 Found @ Retail

Jase

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRU in Bel Air, Md (my store) got them in on Thursday. I picked up Harley Quinn for my wife, but for some odd reason the figure's face is blue.

Wasn't Flash supposed to be in Wave 2 at some time?

all the promo pics have been of the the figs realeased. the only difference is that harley has the blue on her face instead of straight white. if you have the dcsh joker reissue, youll see the blue on his face too. it would have been ideal to put flash with grodd but.......

After weeks of searching for series 2, I finally found them at a Target about 17 miles away from me. The only figure I wanted was Aquaman....he was the only one who wasn't there. So to compensate I bought these. They had one of each. Anyone wanna trade an Aquaman for one of these Supermen? I don't plan on opening them until I receive an Aquaman. I really want the short haired version. Anywho, good luck to the rest who are searching.

BnR_Superman.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

After weeks of searching for series 2, I finally found them at a Target about 17 miles away from me. The only figure I wanted was Aquaman....he was the only one who wasn't there. So to compensate I bought these. They had one of each. Anyone wanna trade an Aquaman for one of these Supermen? I don't plan on opening them until I receive an Aquaman. I really want the short haired version. Anywho, good luck to the rest who are searching.

BnR_Superman.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

you should keep them. i dont really pose them too often, but, thryre still part of the dc universe

Aquaman is my favorite DC character. So, I'd be willing to part with them.

i understand. does your harley have a all white face? if so, can we get an up close pic?

I think the flash was misleading. I just checked and she does have a blue tint covering her face. Looks like I may need to break out the paint. I feel violated. I just purchased the long hair version of Aquaman for 17 bucks online...the things we do for our favorites.

Aquaman is my favorite DC character. So, I'd be willing to part with them.

i understand. does your harley have a all white face? if so, can we get an up close pic?

I think the flash was misleading. I just checked and she does have a blue tint covering her face. Looks like I may need to break out the paint. I feel violated. I just purchased the long hair version of Aquaman for 17 bucks online...the things we do for our favorites.

you should of waited for the rest of us, we would of helped you out bud. thats why i like topics like this one, it gives me a reason to get the figs before scalpers do. dont get me wrong, ill sell something hot for a little more but, i understand the pain that scalping is causing, thats why i only sell items at comic store price if you cant just run out and find them. if i find any aquaman classic figs, i will pick them ALL up. im going on tuesday, thats when im told theyll be in so just put your name at the bottom and ill send them for cost plus shipping unless you want him loose, then it'll be cheaper. if i find them then its" first come first serve" except the guy i asked to get me an moderen aquaman, he's first. and please....dont be greedy, if you put your name on the list, and get one before i do, then please take your name off the list.

i love the marvel legends line, but i think ima like the dcuc figures a lot more in the long run. cant wait to get these.

I can't wait to get these either- I plan on buying ever figure released from this entire line........ I am really looking forward to seeing Nightwing- And I hope they release the following figures in this line as well...... :D

Batman Beyond (Terry)

Blight

Dee Dee (the Deeds)

Poison Ivy

Plastic Man

Green Arrow

But, I disagree with your first comment- I hate @rambo@ the Marvel Legends line myself way to much articulation and crappy made figures......... I can't believe you could even compare them to the DCUC line....... @smilepunch@

I hope the DCUC line does'nt get cancelled... it looks to be, the Greatest line released since the Super Powers Collection @jump# Yeah, I said it @moon@

i love the marvel legends line, but i think ima like the dcuc figures a lot more in the long run. cant wait to get these.

I can't wait to get these either- I plan on buying ever figure released from this entire line........ I am really looking forward to seeing Nightwing- And I hope they release the following figures in this line as well...... :D

Batman Beyond (Terry)

Blight

Dee Dee (the Deeds)

Poison Ivy

Plastic Man

Green Arrow

But, I disagree with your first comment- I hate @rambo@ the Marvel Legends line myself way to much articulation and crappy made figures......... I can't believe you could even compare them to the DCUC line....... @smilepunch@

I hope the DCUC line does'nt get cancelled... it looks to be, the Greatest line released since the Super Powers Collection @jump# Yeah, I said it @moon@

so far i think that the best wave looks to be # 3. i didnt want all of wave 2 at first, but i always wanted all of wave 3

so there's three people that post here from connecticut?

If you're not yet counting me, you can make that 4. I'm near New Haven though, pretty far south and it's like, the armpit of Ct. here, aside from the fact that I'm close to a lot of stores. Otherwise, I don't have much ability to travel in Ct. But I've been trying to get a little Southern Ct. 6"-scale mini-con going for a while now. So far, not much interest beyond one local friend I have (who some of you might know from other boards btw).

And now I hear frickin' He-Man is being re-re-re-done later this year?!?!

I guess if that's the worst that can happen, then life is good.

Yeah, but the best part is, they look to have all the art. of a DCSH/UC. Which kinda sucks for one thing, cause now I have to throw out my 2002+ MOTU stuff lol. But I am really psyched about the new stuff!

So who's the hard to find ones ? Short or Long Hair Aquaman? New or Old Firestorm?

I pride myself on following these kinds of trends pretty closely from the jump. And so far, new Firestorm is not out yet. Classic Aquaman, while supposedly the regular, is much harder to find IN MOST AREAS of the US than modern, while there do seem to be some rare areas of the country where modern AM (ostensibly the "variant") is harder or equal.

as far as i know, no one has reported finding the modern firestorm... or the modern red tornado for that matter.

Yeah, modern Tornado seems to be on indefinite hold for now. I expect modern FS to go the same route, unless we start seeing him in the next couple/few weeks.

How quickly do Target stores generally restock if they don't have replenishment stock in the back?

Take this as you may, but when I worked there (Ansonia, Ct.) the restocking delay was HUGE. But like I said, we're the armpit of Ct. lol. Most of our stores around here are tiny. Luckily, I got all of DCUC1 the first day they were there though.

i found the blue and red superman, but i dont want to open both, which one is the more important one so i dont open it. its uselss for me to open both when i need only one of the baf piece.

I think they are both equally easy to find, but I prefer the blue one for color and storyline sake. He was the more rational one and so was a little closer to the original Supes temperment. The red one is really cool too though. Gotta love the face variant ^_^

Wasn't Flash supposed to be in Wave 2 at some time?

Not that I ever knew. Also, the prototype for him has never been shown afaik.

I am really looking forward to seeing Nightwing- And I hope they release the following figures in this line as well...... :D

Batman Beyond (Terry)

Then you must be happy, seeing the BB figure they showed at NYCC huh? ^_^

I'll agree that a lot of the new Hasbro ML suck, but too much art.? No such thing my friend. The wrong kind of art., or art. in the wrong place, now that's a problem! But I actually wish that DCUC elbows & knees were molded with the bumps in the inside (like the Toy Biz 5" enders had) so that they could bend their arms & legs more.

Hahahaha! Yeah, you gotta love 6" updates of great old '80s lines like that. I think DCUC may just end up being the all time-best combination of sculpt and articulation ever made...

Edit: Forgot to add, I picked up a compl. Black Manta & Firestorm from my local friend yest. as well as a blue Superman figure only. I'm getting rid of the Superman since he has a slight paint defect. I still need compl. blue & red Supes as well as a compl. Harley if anyone wants to trade.

Yes, the modern Firestorm is supposed to be coming out Wave 2 Revision 1. It should be coming out in May. Hopefully it will still happen!

I had this e-mail from where I buy my stuff about Wave 2 "I just got word from my purchasing department that Mattel has limited quantities of these assortments and once they're gone, they're gone." So either they are selling really well or they are ready to move on to the next series....

MikeS

so there's three people that post here from connecticut?

If you're not yet counting me, you can make that 4. I'm near New Haven though, pretty far south and it's like, the armpit of Ct. here, aside from the fact that I'm close to a lot of stores. Otherwise, I don't have much ability to travel in Ct. But I've been trying to get a little Southern Ct. 6"-scale mini-con going for a while now. So far, not much interest beyond one local friend I have (who some of you might know from other boards btw).

And now I hear frickin' He-Man is being re-re-re-done later this year?!?!

I guess if that's the worst that can happen, then life is good.

Yeah, but the best part is, they look to have all the art. of a DCSH/UC. Which kinda sucks for one thing, cause now I have to throw out my 2002+ MOTU stuff lol. But I am really psyched about the new stuff!

So who's the hard to find ones ? Short or Long Hair Aquaman? New or Old Firestorm?

I pride myself on following these kinds of trends pretty closely from the jump. And so far, new Firestorm is not out yet. Classic Aquaman, while supposedly the regular, is much harder to find IN MOST AREAS of the US than modern, while there do seem to be some rare areas of the country where modern AM (ostensibly the "variant") is harder or equal.

as far as i know, no one has reported finding the modern firestorm... or the modern red tornado for that matter.

Yeah, modern Tornado seems to be on indefinite hold for now. I expect modern FS to go the same route, unless we start seeing him in the next couple/few weeks.

How quickly do Target stores generally restock if they don't have replenishment stock in the back?

Take this as you may, but when I worked there (Ansonia, Ct.) the restocking delay was HUGE. But like I said, we're the armpit of Ct. lol. Most of our stores around here are tiny. Luckily, I got all of DCUC1 the first day they were there though.

Consider me another person from Connecticut

I live in New Port Richey Fl but I want to go back

Damn this is making me homesick

Just got my case from BBTS today. Impressive!!! The Aquaman is definitely one fine piece of plastic!! @lol@ I am over all very pleased with what I see so far. I will open them up tomorrow. I got the classic Aquaman in my case. I want the modern one more, but if what I hear about the modern one being easier to find at the moment I am glad I got this one in my case!! Hope you get the one you want Jase!!

Draven

My wife ended up finding a whole case of these at her Target this week, so I just canceled my preorder with BBTS. I'm surprised BBTS didn't get them earlier, but oh well.

My wife ended up finding a whole case of these at her Target this week, so I just canceled my preorder with BBTS. I'm surprised BBTS didn't get them earlier, but oh well.
good find! glad u got them!

Picture116.jpg