DCUC Series 2 Found @ Retail

Jase

Managed to pick up Supes Blue and Red today at Target. The only other figure they had was Black Manta and I already picked up him and modern Aquaman two weeks ago. This was the first restock of Wave 2. I checked last night right before they closed and they didn't have anything on the pegs. I was there first thing this morning (before they even opened) and somebody had already grabbed Firestorm, Aquaman, and Harley. I'm guessing it was an employee since I was the first customer in the toy section today (other than the Hot Wheels grandpas that practically ran back there).

4 down, 4 to go.

I always forget, where in Colorado are you located again, and which Target did you find your figures at?

I'm west, in Grand Junction. Only one Target here. I'll be visiting Pueblo in the next few months....maybe we can meet up and go on a toy run! :)

That would be fun!(though there isn't much fun to be had for a toy run around here either....LOL)

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to pick up Supes Blue and Red today at Target. The only other figure they had was Black Manta and I already picked up him and modern Aquaman two weeks ago. This was the first restock of Wave 2. I checked last night right before they closed and they didn't have anything on the pegs. I was there first thing this morning (before they even opened) and somebody had already grabbed Firestorm, Aquaman, and Harley. I'm guessing it was an employee since I was the first customer in the toy section today (other than the Hot Wheels grandpas that practically ran back there).

4 down, 4 to go.

I always forget, where in Colorado are you located again, and which Target did you find your figures at?

I'm west, in Grand Junction. Only one Target here. I'll be visiting Pueblo in the next few months....maybe we can meet up and go on a toy run! :)

That would be fun!(though there isn't much fun to be had for a toy run around here either....LOL)

@lol@

Regardless, it would be cool to meet another TNI member!

4 down, 4 to go.

@lol@

very, very true!

BTW, have you got your Green Arrow 13" fig yet??

DCUC wave 2 has finally found it's way to Connecticut. I found everyone sans Aquaman at the Newington Target. Cleared them out, so they have no choice but to restock. However, if the current local tred continues, once the initial rush and dust settles, there will be plenty to find and grab at leisure. That's what happened with wave 1. You can now pick those up in the local grocery store chain (Stop & Shop, for those of you in the area). I only hope I eventually come across the classic Aquaman, as I just find the modern version annoying.

Stop and Shop now carries figures?

Damn I have been away from Norwalk for 6 years

Welcome to the board

They kind of always have. It's just they move slowly about it, because, obviously, food is their main focus. But I remember back in the day, I used to go there when I was a kid and pick up figures. (Alpine is the one I remember.) A few weeks ago, I noticed them clearing out portions of the stock that clearly were not moving (oddly, Star Wars, but again, the focus thing) New slots went up for 25th singles, comic packs, and also, if you are interested as I am, DCUC singles and those mini two-packs. I figure no one else knows about it (until now...DAMN!!) so it was going to be my own private playground. Add to the fact they will offer the same product as everyone else, but at MSRP, and you have yourself a pretty sweet deal. The only problem will be, after the initail setup, unless people buy the stuff, it will sit there forever as well. So I guess it was in my best interest to bring it up, so people can buy it, so they can restock it.

Ahh, economy.

so YOU'RE the one who's been clearing out all the stores in this area?! haha, jk man.

i knew about stop&shop back when they were carrying mattel's Master of the Universe line. i still haven't seen any DCUC figures yet, just those mini-two packs. thanks for the heads up about series 2. i was wondering when these would get here. the newington target is one that i frequent among a few others. if there are any specific figures that you're looking for, let me know and i'll tell you if i come across them. i don't know anyone else in this area that collects these.

4 down, 4 to go.

@lol@

very, very true!

BTW, have you got your Green Arrow 13" fig yet??

Yep! Check the Green Arrow thread for my thoughts....

I picked up the DCUC wave 2 figures at TRU last week. I got Firestorm, Modern Aquaman, Harley Quinn, Red Superman, Blue Superman and Black Manta. Just need the classic Aquaman now!

can u by them 4 me(lol)

nothing at my north chicago Target save the same old 2-3 Orions and Tornados. Same old stuff week to week despite promises of restock. Also heard some of the staff there badmouthing collectors...LAME.

saying what? what have thy been saying?(or accused of) the only thing they can say is that we should of pre ordered.

IMGP8437.jpg

Hey PJ, where does that seahorse come from?!?!? I love that thing for him.

I don't know if anyone answered yet, but it is from the DC Direct boxed 2-pack put out years ago with Aquaman and Aqualad. Came with the cool seahorse and an 'wave' for the other figure to bodysurf on.

DCUC wave 2 has finally found it's way to Connecticut. I found everyone sans Aquaman at the Newington Target. Cleared them out, so they have no choice but to restock. However, if the current local tred continues, once the initial rush and dust settles, there will be plenty to find and grab at leisure. That's what happened with wave 1. You can now pick those up in the local grocery store chain (Stop & Shop, for those of you in the area). I only hope I eventually come across the classic Aquaman, as I just find the modern version annoying.

Stop and Shop now carries figures?

Damn I have been away from Norwalk for 6 years

Welcome to the board

They kind of always have. It's just they move slowly about it, because, obviously, food is their main focus. But I remember back in the day, I used to go there when I was a kid and pick up figures. (Alpine is the one I remember.) A few weeks ago, I noticed them clearing out portions of the stock that clearly were not moving (oddly, Star Wars, but again, the focus thing) New slots went up for 25th singles, comic packs, and also, if you are interested as I am, DCUC singles and those mini two-packs. I figure no one else knows about it (until now...DAMN!!) so it was going to be my own private playground. Add to the fact they will offer the same product as everyone else, but at MSRP, and you have yourself a pretty sweet deal. The only problem will be, after the initail setup, unless people buy the stuff, it will sit there forever as well. So I guess it was in my best interest to bring it up, so people can buy it, so they can restock it.

Ahh, economy.

so YOU'RE the one who's been clearing out all the stores in this area?! haha, jk man.

i knew about stop&shop back when they were carrying mattel's Master of the Universe line. i still haven't seen any DCUC figures yet, just those mini-two packs. thanks for the heads up about series 2. i was wondering when these would get here. the newington target is one that i frequent among a few others. if there are any specific figures that you're looking for, let me know and i'll tell you if i come across them. i don't know anyone else in this area that collects these.

Actually, it was two to three weeks ago I saw S&S re-tagging their displays for the DCUC and 25th Joes. They have not shown up yet, but it's a good sign. The only one I have left to get from wave 2 is classic Aquaman. I'm positive he'll be readily available soon enough, but it's that whole 'gotta-have-it-now' kid mentality that is so infectious. I shudder to imagine the amount I have spent in gas just tooling around to try an locate these things - it always ends up I should have just either paid the online 'ransom', or force myself to be patient and wait out the initial rush.

Actually, it was two to three weeks ago I saw S&S re-tagging their displays for the DCUC and 25th Joes. They have not shown up yet, but it's a good sign. The only one I have left to get from wave 2 is classic Aquaman. I'm positive he'll be readily available soon enough, but it's that whole 'gotta-have-it-now' kid mentality that is so infectious. I shudder to imagine the amount I have spent in gas just tooling around to try an locate these things - it always ends up I should have just either paid the online 'ransom', or force myself to be patient and wait out the initial rush.

tell me about it, you'd think it'd be easier to just call up the individual stores (which i've tried) before heading out but most of the time, the people i've spoken to have no idea what i'm talking about.

which brings the question:

has someone posted UPCs for DCUC2 yet?

-i sure hope wave 2 is as plentiful as wave 1 was. there's more of a rush to get these because this wave actually has variants.

Again, I ask, does anyone know how to take the lightning/energy bolts off of their back, that is, if they are supposed to come off? I like how the ones on the arms can come off, and you can make the bolts shoot out which ever way you want them to, but it doesn't make sense for the bolts, on the back, to be shooting forward when Supes is flying head first. It would look better if the bolts are trailing. Of course, I know this would make the "S" symbol on the back upside down, but the bolts on the arms definitely look better if they are trailing. I'm afraid I'll tear the plastic bolts and "S" symbol if I pry and pull too hard.

I don't know if anyone answered yet, but it is from the DC Direct boxed 2-pack put out years ago with Aquaman and Aqualad. Came with the cool seahorse and an 'wave' for the other figure to bodysurf on.

Thanks! You were the first ^_^

I kinda thought it was from a DCD set or single figure somewhere, but had never seen the seahorse itself. Thanks for the confirmation. I definitely need to get that thing now!

Not that I'm particularly pumped for this wave, but I haven't seen a one anywhere. I'm looking forward to filling out the JLA, but Aquaman and Firestorm are definitely secondary characters with me. It's Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and the Flash that I really need. Grundy looks very cool too.

I picked up waave 1 Batman ...still no signs of wave2 since I got my two last weeek

I'm hoping with my picking up of Batman today that maybe the comps in our stores might up and reorder more figures

I have Azreal Batman and Steel I might just open them and add them to the DC linup I got already

I got mine from Cornerstore. They are all pretty nice.

Grodd is great, better than Metamorpho.

I really like the Aquaman, he's my favorite. Before I got them I thought he'd be my least favorite.

Harley is good but her weapons fall out of het hands easily.

Supermen are ok.

Firestorm is good, no complaints there.

Black Manta is really good for a Black Manta. There is really not much to the look of the character and the figure is the same.

All in all I think it is a better wave than wave 1 was.

I bought mine from some dude on EBay. I paid a little extra but it beats blowing gas on 10 trips to stores that don't have them.

These figures are great! If I had to pick the best it would be Firestorm, but that may be because my Aquaman had a few face scratches when I opened it :(.

I also appreciate the fact that Metamorpho and Grodd's limbs are ALL TOGETHER IN ONE PIECE. It's much better than having to buy figures you don't want from another toy line just so your build a figure has hands.