NYCC

synch

what do you all think of it?.. It seems sort of blah to me but worth it all just for the ironspidey I can display him along side my regulars & just use him as the iniative MVP ironspidey clones... if not for the price I'd be tempted to get 3 sets just so I could have all 3 on display :D

i so hate that. stupid minimates. i love them but i guess i am done with minimates. they do it everytime. exclusive, exclusive, exclusive. spider-man alone has so many exclusives:

scarlet spider

hobgoblin

mary jane

peter parker

armor spider-man

and now iron spider-man

give it a break allready or at least do them in a regular form with, i dont know other colors or stuff that came by. or do a box with 5 other villains. some guys live on the other side of the world and i dont wanna spend 20 to 30 dollars on ebay just for an exclusive lego like figure. as much as i love them but if i cant get all of them then i dont need one of them. i am so sad to say that but thats how i feel. :angry:

by the way iron spidey looks cool and guess what, i cant get him.

im sure he'll available at stores or other cons

I might pick one up for custom-fodder, but I personally don't care about "Civil War" or the character versions in this set (I'm predominantly a 616/ Bronze-Age fan). I'll be more excited when they find a way to release that excellent Removable-mask Green Goblin (cancelled Target exclusive) than the Iron-Spidey (though I realize that the majority wanted this particular figure). There's only one Spidey that I need and I've already got him. I could stomach all the Spider-variants provided that each one were released with one of his "classic" rogues-gallery; there's no excuse why I have over 17 versions (and trust me, I do) of Spiderman and yet no Electro, Kraven, Lizard, Scorpion, Vulture, Shocker, etc. That "Sinister-Six" set was a poorly-crafted/executed joke (weak excuse to get a half-assed Hydroman). I love Minimates and Marvel, but DST continually piss me off in their selections and limitations. I'm more interested in BSG, Trek, and "Dollar Trilogy" 'mates at the moment ('til DCD gets their $h!t together).

• 3 weeks later...

I think this looks like the best set of minimates to date. I can't wait to reserve a set, cause I have a feeling these will be hard to come by.

I think this looks like the best set of minimates to date. I can't wait to reserve a set, cause I have a feeling these will be hard to come by.

I doubt they'll be that difficult to find. Like "Marvel Zombies", these will be available through comic shops, DST, SunCoast/FYE, and numerous online sites...and probably in the same ammount (if not more).

this set is exclusive to nycc

Not neccessarily. This is an "AFX Exclusive" limited to 2000 units and retailing at $16. It will be available at their booth at NYCC, but is also available for pre-order on their web-site. Like the previous Defenders set (another AFX Exclusive), I wouldn't be surprised to see a few pop-up at other e-tailers that carry Minimates. While not as "exclusive" as many believe, they are indeed limited...so I wouldn't wait too long if you want one. ;)

*P.S. I retract my previous statement about "SunCoast/FYE" as they probably will not be carrying these.

these look pretty sweet, i never was into the whole civil war storyline, but i like adding more ironman armors and i like the variations of spiderman... so if i can, im going to try to snag this set.

• 2 weeks later...

yes I was surprised at all the details they put into them... and oh man! Cuffs for a unmasked cap to boot! Thats just wrong :D Those cuffs are going to make for some funky pictures though between cyclops and emma :)

• 3 weeks later...

Will these be at SDCC???