any of u guys collect these?

abazou

I have a few of these. I love them. I just make sure to wash my hands after handling them....lead poisoning doesn't sound fun. I have Punisher, Emma Frost, Elektra, Iron Man, Iron Fist, Dr. Doom, and Deadpool.

what are you guys all talking about? what do you meen with poisening and everything? those things are controlled no? i meen when mattel had some problems they took everything back no? why should they be toxic if they are out there? i read nothing on the boxes about precaution either. i mean there would be a warning no?

Collect at your own risk. Do not inhale (or store in a glass enclosure)

y not glass enclosure

i think what he meant was do not inhale, and that it would be good if you store the figurines in a glass enclosure so your exposure to them is minimal.

Collect at your own risk. Do not inhale (or store in a glass enclosure)

y not glass enclosure

i think what he meant was do not inhale, and that it would be good if you store the figurines in a glass enclosure so your exposure to them is minimal.

what can happen if you are exposed to them?

what can happen if you are exposed to them?

the figurine is made from lead. it's damn poisonous! and unlike other toys (dora toys) which had high lead content in the paint used on it, these figs are made out of lead! and this is from wikipedia:

Lead is a poisonous metal that can damage nervous connections (especially in young children) and cause blood and brain disorders. Long term exposure to lead or its salts (especially soluble salts or the strong oxidant PbO2) can cause nephropathy, and colic-like abdominal pains. The concern about lead's role in cognitive deficits in children has brought about widespread reduction in its use (lead exposure has been linked to schizophrenia). Most cases of adult elevated blood lead levels are workplace-related.[13] High blood levels are associated with delayed puberty in girls.[14]

Older houses may still contain substantial amounts of lead paint. White lead paint has been withdrawn from sale in industrialized countries, but the yellow lead chromate is still in use; for example, Holland Colours Holcolan Yellow. Old paint should not be stripped by sanding, as this produces inhalable dust.

Lead salts used in pottery glazes have on occasion caused poisoning, when acid drinks, such as fruit juices, have leached lead ions out of the glaze.[citation needed] It has been suggested that what was known as "Devon colic" arose from the use of lead-lined presses to extract apple juice in the manufacture of cider. Lead is considered to be particularly harmful for women's ability to reproduce. For that reason, many universities do not hand out lead-containing samples to women for instructional laboratory analyses.[citation needed]Lead acetate (also known as sugar of lead) was used by the Roman Empire as a sweetener for wine, and some consider this to be the cause of the dementia that affected many of the Roman Emperors.[15]

Lead as a soil contaminant is a widespread issue, since lead is present in natural deposits and may also enter soil through (leaded) gasoline leaks from underground storage tanks or through a wastestream of lead paint or lead grindings from certain industrial operations.

None of that mentions anything about lead fumes being poisonous though, so I don't really think a glass case would be needed, would it? As long as you just left them on a shelf with your other figures, it doesn't seem like it would be dangerous to simply have them in your house (unless you've got little kids who might get their hands on them).

I could be wrong though, as I don't know much about lead.

There is a warning on the figures. It's just safe to wash your hands after handling them. I don't like to take chances on something that can be avoided. I'm super-careful now after reading Jin Saotome's super glue post. Yikes!

It is really amazing in this day and age where at the mere press at the button and Googleing a topic, one won't even take the time to read about the hazards of handling and being exposed to lead dust and vapors. But that is a freedom of choice. Just don't be blaming someone when somewhere down the line you suffer from some neurological disorder or you friggin d#$! falls off.

It is really amazing in this day and age where at the mere press at the button and Googleing a topic, one won't even take the time to read about the hazards of handling and being exposed to lead dust and vapors. But that is a freedom of choice. Just don't be blaming someone when somewhere down the line you suffer from some neurological disorder or you friggin d#$! falls off.

Your ass-chewing is duly noted, so I looked up lead vapors, and yes, they're poisonous. However, they are only created from melting lead, so as long as you're not planning to turn the figures into soup, they should be fine to have around.

Your ass-chewing is duly noted, so I looked up lead vapors, and yes, they're poisonous. However, they are only created from melting lead, so as long as you're not planning to turn the figures into soup, they should be fine to have around.

lol ya aslong as u dont lick them or sleep with them in bed u'll be fine. Just leave them on the shelf for display

YEs. Just hauled in the Beast and Emma Frost. Got a surprise gift from a friend of the Wolverine one. And I found a place online in the states, that had the Colossus in stock. So now, my astonishing Xmen set is done. once my friend sends me my shadowcat

YEs. Just hauled in the Beast and Emma Frost. Got a surprise gift from a friend of the Wolverine one. And I found a place online in the states, that had the Colossus in stock. So now, my astonishing Xmen set is done. once my friend sends me my shadowcat

congrates dood