Which Spiderman figure do you think is the best?

Kukapetal

Hey everyone, I'm new to collecting the Marvel Legends/Spiderman Classics figures, and was wondering if you guys could help me out. I mostly collect the villians, however, I would like to have a good Spiderman figure in my collection as well. Now, I know there were about 8 zillion different Spideys released with the Classics line, but most of them were bizzare varients or had weird action features. Can anyone recommend a good, plain old Spiderman with decent articularion and wearing his normal costume? I've looked through the database and such, but it is a bit hard to tell with just pictures, so if you guys have any recomendations, that would be great. Can anyone help a gal out?

Thanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I'm new to collecting the Marvel Legends/Spiderman Classics figures, and was wondering if you guys could help me out. I mostly collect the villians, however, I would like to have a good Spiderman figure in my collection as well. Now, I know there were about 8 zillion different Spideys released with the Classics line, but most of them were bizzare varients or had weird action features. Can anyone recommend a good, plain old Spiderman with decent articularion and wearing his normal costume? I've looked through the database and such, but it is a bit hard to tell with just pictures, so if you guys have any recomendations, that would be great. Can anyone help a gal out?

Thanks!

i really like the fearsome foe spidey. he is my favorite by far

McFarlane Spiderman

Or the 18 Inch Amazing Spiderman.

series 12 super poseable spiderman (known as mcfarlane spiderman)

the fearsome foes box set spiderman is the same sculpt but with a new head,and darker shade of blue

hes basically the ideal spidey

but others,just to give you a choice

this one was reused atleast 5 or 6 times,so i dont have an official name,his head only moves side to side,but besides that hes great

DSCN4655__scaled_600.jpg

snapshot spidey

DSCN0185__scaled_600.jpg

spider strenght(what many consider a modern/avengers spiderman)

DSCN0111__scaled_600.jpg

I'm most likely a minority, but I like the Spidey that came with the Urban Legends box set because even thought the webbing on his costume is painted on and not sculpted, it looks less messy done that way to me. My second choice would be 1st Appearance Spider-Man or the Stan Lee Comic-Con exclusive (They're the same figure except one is black & red and the other is blue & red with interchangeable Stan Lee parts and a Peter Parker head). I don't have any of the SMC Spidey's so I can't really compare.

I'm most likely a minority, but I like the Spidey that came with the Urban Legends box set because even thought the webbing on his costume is painted on and not sculpted, it looks less messy done that way to me. My second choice would be 1st Appearance Spider-Man or the Stan Lee Comic-Con exclusive (They're the same figure except one is black & red and the other is blue & red with interchangeable Stan Lee parts and a Peter Parker head). I don't have any of the SMC Spidey's so I can't really compare.

despite the fact that i have 2,i really dont like 1st appearance spidey

his hands look weird,you cant get a decent looking web slinging hand out of them,and im not a fan of the head

i like the wide eyed versions better

if i had to choose only one, id go with SMC12 superposeable wall-crawling spider-man (also known as mcfarlane spider-man):

DSCN0922__scaled_600.jpg

he's the same one as the fearsome foes psidey, only with a new head.

if you cant get that one, go for snap-shot spider-man:

DSCN0185__scaled_600.jpg

right now I quite like the stan lee spiderman figure :)
i wish i had that just b/c i only want the peter parker head

hey joe, why don't you have the stan lee spider-man?

Okay, one more quick question.

Does the Mcfarlane Spiderman have that crappy netting on his back that's supposed to be his underarm webbing, like the Fearsome Foes Spidey has? Because I really don't like that, as I think it makes him look like he's wearing a moth-eaten cape of some sort. I haven't been able to find a pic of Mcfarlane Spiderman that's not in package or against a black background, which makes it a bit hard to tell.

If it does have it, is it easy to remove?

Thanks

Okay, one more quick question.

Does the Mcfarlane Spiderman have that crappy netting on his back that's supposed to be his underarm webbing, like the Fearsome Foes Spidey has? Because I really don't like that, as I think it makes him look like he's wearing a moth-eaten cape of some sort. I haven't been able to find a pic of Mcfarlane Spiderman that's not in package or against a black background, which makes it a bit hard to tell.

If it does have it, is it easy to remove?

Thanks

no it doesnt. besides, it should be removeable if he does have it. the only one that doesnt is 1st appearance spidey, cuz its looped around the neck peg.

• 2 weeks later...
my favorite is...... spiderman classics spiderman, i think it look better than the mcfarlain, but t is mcfarlaine style, 2nd is spiderman origins secret wars spidey.

Yeah that one and mcfarlane are the best. Series one is actually the official McFarlane spiderman figure.

YESSSSSSS! Hands Down the Superposeable Spiderman Series 12 (aka McFarlane)

Can do all the comic Poses & More!

I wish I can figure out how to upload my pictures of my collection to Show you all.

my favorite is...... spiderman classics spiderman, i think it look better than the mcfarlain, but t is mcfarlaine style, 2nd is spiderman origins secret wars spidey.

Yeah that one and mcfarlane are the best. Series one is actually the official McFarlane spiderman figure.

YESSSSSSS! Hands Down the Superposeable Spiderman Series 12 (aka McFarlane)

Can do all the comic Poses & More!

I wish I can figure out how to upload my pictures of my collection to Show you all.

yeah dude that would be awesome figure it out! hah