DDP Provides A Sneak Peek At New G.I.Joe Covers

JayC

I like the Destro/Baroness cover - pretty cool.

The flag-folding cover -- I don't mind the idea, but wow - that is some bad art.

i have been a GI JOE fan since long before the 3 3/4 and the fact that ddp took the JOE's farther than any other publisher could really pisses me off that marvel will probably get the nod. #US1#

I like the Destro/Baroness cover - pretty cool.

The flag-folding cover -- I don't mind the idea, but wow - that is some bad art.

Yeah, the art is pretty horrible for all three of them actually.......the Destro/Baroness one is the better of the three....but it really doesn't make any sense???

Baroness about to blow the glass up with her sitting right next to it and Destro falling out of the sky shooting his wrist rockets into the air not even looking at whatever he's shooting.

I agree the art isn't that great.

I don't like to say negative things - and I'm sure someone will step forward saying "this isn't official art yet" or something, but that art is yech... the flag folding cover? A tiny child could have drawn that better. Give me a break.

Ugh! Trimpe? That explains it, then. Man, DDP only lately realized you need Larry Hama in the mix, but that's because he was the best of the Marvel writers. Herb Trimpe? He's like the Judd Winnick of GIJoe... *horrible* writing, barely passable art... and that was 20 years ago.

Today, even as homage... this is atrocious artwork.

The other two are golden. Covers don't need to make sense if they look cool, and the Destro/Baroness cover delivers that much in spades! The collage cover is just awesome tho! Hopefully all three are included in the TPB when it's released!

IF this is end of continuity (like it sadly will be :( ) i hope the last cover does not indicate survivors. I honestly don't like the last cover and i really hate that just as DDP took Joe in amazing direction it loses the liscense. Honestly where they were headed is where i've always wanted it, Cobra with Serious power, ruthless, a focus on a main cast, but everyone else is still active i mean, they get it all just about perfect! Destro not with cobra, but out there, i just can't get over how cool WWIII has been. Sucks to see it end.