This ever happen to you.......

RobbieDigital

I have a Target thats on my way to work......and most of the time I almost always stop in there. Looking for 25th Joes of course......I've kinda gotten fed up with "The Hunt" I would always go in and find nothing.....I pretty much have everything except wave 5. The other day I pre-ordered a wave 5-6 mix set from BBTS.

Yesterday, I got off work decided not to go into Target.....saying "I don't need to go in there, they won't have anything." Well I went there today to pick up some stuff and sure enough.....there was one Crimson Guard warming the pegs with some of the filler wave.....that had been there forever. The one day I don't go in and they get wave 5. They also somehow had the wave 2 comic packs which I didn't see until today. ( I got wave 3 forever ago....they got wave 3 before 2....its weird)

It figures you know......... @grumpy@

Oh yea, has happened, happens, will happen again...... all the time.

Thing is........it means nothing.

I try to shop without regrets now--because when I'm ordering on-line-I'm doing it for the certainty of it.

I place the order for stuff in stock and they will ship it to me. I can rely on that.

I walk into a store and its a crapshoot as to if they have anything up to and until I reach the aisles.

My hobby is toy collecting, not gambling, LOL!

Heck, I've walked into places ( hardware stores, grocery stores etc,) that by rights should not have stuff I'm seeking, and lo and behold there something I've wanted sitting on a peg.

Those are lucky finds..........surprise treats, and I just don't rely on them.

I mean its happened to me before with other lines like Marvel Legends....which I don't really collect anymore. It was just frustrating as crap........I'm sure a lot of other people have this happen to them.

I mean its happened to me before with other lines like Marvel Legends....which I don't really collect anymore. It was just frustrating as crap........I'm sure a lot of other people have this happen to them.

Its just part of being a collector.

Oh there's some synchronicity to it, and perhaps even some meta/psycho/psuedo-science ( RAS-reticular activating system etc ) to it, but its really just coincidence.

I look at it like the Law of Reference Material-as applies to cartoonists and creative types.

It goes like this: I'll do a job that requires seeing a certain TV show or movie, or looking for a certain image to do the work.

And the damn thing cannot be found, or just isn't on the channel listings.

The job gets done, and its behind ya.

Within two weeks of completion, the tv show, movie or image will appear--that's the law.

Time and again, I've seen it at work--most recently doing stuff for a Spaceballs cartoon. Now, I got the movie on DVD as I started the job, but, sure enough, a week after I completed the job........what was on tv? Spaceballs.

Its happened years ago when I had to do a rip of The Seven Year Itch for a cartoon, couldn't find it for love nor money in any video store in town...........correction, one place had it..........would have cost over $120 to get it. Screw that.

12 days after I finished the job, guess what was on Tv?

That's happened dozens of times in my life, with all kinds of things

It just makes me smile because as frustrating as it might be, I think its just a sign that Life is playing with you.

Yeah, you gotta love ol' Murphy. :D

I am playing the odds. I have pre-ordered with BBTS for the time being. If I find it while out, I will buy it and then cancel the pre-order.

Sometimes the Gods are with you. Thanks to the weather in the central Indiana area yesterday, a reported sighting of a W3 Trooper Comic Pack survived the night and into the morning....until I bought it. ;)

Had it happen with stuff I've gotten off of Hasbro's on-line store. I figure I'm not going to find it in a brick and mortar store so I better grab them there while they still have them in stock,then the next time I go food shopping at either Wal-Mart's or the Super Target in Huntsville,there they are.

Back when I was collecting the 90s Marvel figures, I looked for the Maestro figure from the 6 inch Hulk line, without luck. One day while at the local comic shop, I found him there for $15. I grabbed it, and one week later Toys R Us put a bunch of them on clearence for 2 for $5.

Speaking of confusing... Got my BBTS wave 3 comic pack cases... My Dreadnok pack had no file cards, or rescue Doc stuff. :)

-Kevin

Wow, thats crazy........I hope thats just a packing error on Hasbro's part. If not that would be really messed up on their (BBTS) part.

Yeah, you gotta love ol' Murphy. :D

I am playing the odds. I have pre-ordered with BBTS for the time being. If I find it while out, I will buy it and then cancel the pre-order.

Sometimes the Gods are with you. Thanks to the weather in the central Indiana area yesterday, a reported sighting of a W3 Trooper Comic Pack survived the night and into the morning....until I bought it. ;)

That is what I have been doing. Order from BBTS then find stuff in stores and cancell my order. So far I have only actually had two or three waves of either single or comic packs sent to me. Everything else I keep finding in stores, my local Wal-Mart mostly and that is very unusual.

Toy hunting can be very frustrating - if you let it be.

In the internet age, we have the ability to take the pressure off. Place a pre-order for items you really want at either BBTS or Entertainment Earth. Their prices are fair - certainly better than the 'Bay and really not that much more per figure than retail if you order by the case.

Then, if you are lucky enough to find the toys at retail before you pre-order is filled, just cancel your preorder. I've done this a couple of times - some times I get the pre-order and sometimes I'm lucky enough to find the items at retail and save a couple of bucks. I'll tell you though - this has taken a lot of the pressure off of toy hunting. Now - it's all fun and no heartache.

The only problem I've run into is when I find part of a case of figures that I preordered. At that time it's just a judgement call. I found Torpedo and Rock 'n' Roll but no Armored CC. I bought the two they had and canceled my preorder for that case. I'm sure find the CC figure eventually and until then the RnR and T will keep me plenty occupied.

I have a Target thats on my way to work......and most of the time I almost always stop in there. Looking for 25th Joes of course......I've kinda gotten fed up with "The Hunt" I would always go in and find nothing.....I pretty much have everything except wave 5. The other day I pre-ordered a wave 5-6 mix set from BBTS.

Yesterday, I got off work decided not to go into Target.....saying "I don't need to go in there, they won't have anything." Well I went there today to pick up some stuff and sure enough.....there was one Crimson Guard warming the pegs with some of the filler wave.....that had been there forever. The one day I don't go in and they get wave 5. They also somehow had the wave 2 comic packs which I didn't see until today. ( I got wave 3 forever ago....they got wave 3 before 2....its weird)

It figures you know......... @grumpy@

I work at Target and i unload the truck and stock the shelves. I dont know if its like this at all Targets but we only stock the shelves Monday, Wednesday, Friday and sometime Saturday and things like Gi joe would be stocked as soon as they are in stock, so the best times to look are Mon, Wed and Fri mornings

I have recently started doing the same thing, I will preorder on BBTS, then keep looking. If I find it, YAY, I pay less most often and no shipping.

If I dont find it, YAY, I am still getting the figure I wanted and couldnt find.

Back when I was collecting the 90s Marvel figures, I looked for the Maestro figure from the 6 inch Hulk line, without luck. One day while at the local comic shop, I found him there for $15. I grabbed it, and one week later Toys R Us put a bunch of them on clearence for 2 for $5.

And I have had THAT happen more times then I can count. the last time was with the mortal kombat figures. I looked all over the place and finally broke down and bought them on Ebay. paid 25 dollars with shipping for two of them. the next week I found them at Kay Bee for 6 dollars.

EDIT : Actually I take that back, the most recent time I had ordered the single pack V1 Snake Eyes and Scarlett and sure enough every store nearby here has them in stock.....plus side on this one is...I got them almost a month before the stores did. :P