Fantastic Four Wave Variants

LegendsCollector07

Well looking at my FF Wave today I was wondering why Hasbro didn't make variants for Invisible Woman, Human Torch, and Mr. Fanatastic. Johnny would have been the flaming variant, Sue the invisible variant, and Reed's figure now could have been a variant and they could have made a regular looking Reed that wasn't strecthy. And also they could have made a Namor with the black suit that we see in Illuminati as a variant. I much rather would have had that than just the unmasked Doom which is ok if you don't open your figures (like me), but it was the same figure it wasn't a variant just the same figure with it's mask off (not worth it). From a business perspective Hasbro could have cashed in on all these variants. I think that these variants would have made alot of Marvel Legends fans really happy. What do you guys think of the variants idea? Should it have been done?

many people would have liked flame on torch (would have made that head look better) and a totally invisible sue (so you didnt see that dumb costume)

but besides that,having a non strethched reed as a variant would be dumb,and we already got that namor

the should have made a ben grimm figure and not the thing.

there was a FF wave variant?

they call the unmasked doom the variant... just like the masked/unmasked ultimate iron man from HML1...

and yeah, a flame on torch and an invisible sue would have been great...

Well looking at my FF Wave today I was wondering why Hasbro didn't make variants for Invisible Woman, Human Torch, and Mr. Fanatastic. Johnny would have been the flaming variant, Sue the invisible variant, and Reed's figure now could have been a variant and they could have made a regular looking Reed that wasn't strecthy. And also they could have made a Namor with the black suit that we see in Illuminati as a variant. I much rather would have had that than just the unmasked Doom which is ok if you don't open your figures (like me), but it was the same figure it wasn't a variant just the same figure with it's mask off (not worth it). From a business perspective Hasbro could have cashed in on all these variants. I think that these variants would have made alot of Marvel Legends fans really happy. What do you guys think of the variants idea? Should it have been done?

huh? u dont open ur figures?

I only open certian Ironman figures to set up the hall of amror, thats about it. Oh and I love your signature, Sasuke is awesome!

ya there is a weird group of people who buy toys and dont open them,weird huh @grumpy@

well, yes and no. doom came in both masked and unmasked in the packaging, which doesnt change anything about the actual toy, bu its just a different version. actually, it isnt even a variant, they were packed 50/50 i believe.

well, yes and no. doom came in both masked and unmasked in the packaging, which doesnt change anything about the actual toy, bu its just a different version. actually, it isnt even a variant, they were packed 50/50 i believe.

it is just a packaging variant. as far as 50/50 i don't quite know about that. i have opened and been thru about 30 - 40 cases of that assortment and have found the unmasked version in about 6 of them.

Wasn't the Fantastic Four wave a limited series, similar to the Spider-man Movie: Build-A-Sandman series? Because if it was, then I think it would be kind of dumb to have actual varients(Not package varients, but actual varients, like different deco's, sculpts, etc) in a limited series.

Wasn't the Fantastic Four wave a limited series, similar to the Spider-man Movie: Build-A-Sandman series? Because if it was, then I think it would be kind of dumb to have actual varients(Not package varients, but actual varients, like different deco's, sculpts, etc) in a limited series.

i think it's a limited series. here in the philippines, only 5 stores carried them in the metro... they're not like the usual MLs which were everywhere.

I don't see why it would be a dumb idea if it made Hasbro money, which from the feedback on this topic would have been a possibilty. Along with the eight figures they had the possiblity to make money from at least two more extra figures. The Sue and Johnny variants would have been simple, Just like the Super Skrull variants were simple no paint or different scuplt was needed, they just used different plastic for the mold. Even if it was a limited series it would have pleased the consumer (us) and it have made them extra money. It's a win win to me. ;)

Boy, there must be nothing much to talk about in these forums. . . All this revisiting of a done Wave is like beating a dead horse over and over. The FFML Wave is done and over with. Think Hasbro will do running change on this Wave ??? It's like a they shoulda, coulda, woulda thread. Besides this Wave was like all over the place. Smallish Norrin Radd and skinny Namor, even Ben Grimm, Johnny and Sue Storm look like they paid a visit to Beetlejuice's shrunken head clinic. Only Mr. Fantastic or Dr. Doom seems to be in scale with the rest of the Legends.

Boy, there must be nothing much to talk about in these forums. . . All this revisiting of a done Wave is like beating a dead horse over and over. The FFML Wave is done and over with. Think Hasbro will do running change on this Wave ??? It's like a they shoulda, coulda, woulda thread. Besides this Wave was like all over the place. Smallish Norrin Radd and skinny Namor, even Ben Grimm, Johnny and Sue Storm look like they paid a visit to Beetlejuice's shrunken head clinic. Only Mr. Fantastic or Dr. Doom seems to be in scale with the rest of the Legends.

Hey! If Hasbro is watching the boards then, why not? They're already in repaint and re-issue mode with the Heros/Villains things, so why not. Besides anything to get a decent Torch outta that set. Shhheeesh I hate that Heat Miser head. Give me the one from the picture on the box or the freakin' cool icon version. I'd take a clear Sue as well. I agree though on the scale thing. The poor little Thing with his tiny body and even tinnier head.

GEEK

well obviously they're not all over the place since i'm still missing a few from this wave. i managed to pick up 4 out of 8 for the 5$ mark that wal-mart had them for. anyone see any of these left on shelves? i still need invisible woman and namor.

i was impatient and spent the extra money for a doom and mole man on eBay.

packaging variants are dumb, just like that marvel girl backwards variant. i can't believe its going that much money on eBay.