Hasbro Introduces Star Wars "Build-A-Droid" Figures

synch

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=8&itemid=12623

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=10954

If "Force Unleashed" and "Clone Wars" figures wasn't enough product for you in 2008, Hasbro has even more stuff planned with the "Legacy Collection".

There will be 30 basic figures that includes a new "Build-A-Droid" system. Each wave will have at least one unique, never before released droid.

- Waves with 8 new figures build 2 astromechs

- Waves with 6 new figures build 1 protocol

Each figure will come with a unique droid part with universal connectors for customization. The "Build-A-Droid" system will start with a special Wal-Mart exclusive wave of 6 unique figure 2-packs in July 2008.

CLick the links for more & for pics... I suppose thats great if you are going to buy the entire wave anyways you get a couple extra figures out of it but other wise it seems sort of silly to me I can't really see those who would just want the droids going out of there way to buy all those figures for it @loll@

So, how long till GI Joe and Indiana Jones figures get BAFs too? Hasbro likes this idea, methinks. But.. like I said in the other thread, the figures are awesome and some of the droids are cool. But I haven't seen a droid that I have to have (although I will have a few because I do want most of these waves.)

Jones won't get one its just a movie line ... if it was going to we would have seen it already... GI joe is another subject in it self .... for that I can see them doing build a tank or something :D Or with joes perhaps build a base? & they could put in little base accessory's like gun turrets or sandbag build ups yknow army type crap :)

Jones won't get one its just a movie line ...

That gave me a good chuckle. Because the Spider-Man Trilogy (with Sandman BAF) and Star Wars aren't movie lines. @smilepunch@ But I know what you really mean - its a short lived movie line just around for the new flick.

Or, Hasbro could do a "build a weapon" for GI Joe and include a piece of the MASS device in each of 5 cartoon mini-series DVD packs - "collect them all to build your very own MASS device." Oh, wait...

Jones won't get one its just a movie line ...

That gave me a good chuckle. Because the Spider-Man Trilogy (with Sandman BAF) and Star Wars aren't movie lines. @smilepunch@ But I know what you really mean - its a short lived movie line just around for the new flick.

No what I'm saying is we wouldn't be seeing jack all of any of this stuff if not for this new movie! & after the movie is over I doubt we will see much more of it... but who knows! Maybe they will show some wave to be released after the movie is out that they hope to milk some more with some kind of BAF figure in it :P

& starwars?!!?! honestly IJ can not even come CLOSE to comparing with that! I'd even go as far with saying the same thing about any spiderman line too... that stuff will always be around and will always sell & will always have comics & tv shows and movies & what have you being pimped out about it ...