Which 1 of these ML boxsets is worth buying?

abazou

Which 1 of these ML boxsets is worth buying?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. The best spiderman boxset

• Spider-Man's Fearsome Foes
    • Spider-Man vs the Sinister Six

i'd personally go for the sinister six, even though its a bad green goblin (series 13 was so much better). the Kraven, Electro and others are great. the black cat head sculpt and hair coloring could have been better, but it's still the only marvel legends black cat out there now.

i'd say choose the box set with characters you like more. the Fearsome foe's one is nice, but don't really care for Carnage, Rhino or Vulture.

I'd go for Fearsome Foes as it has the better presented Rhino and Carnage and the Vulture is really hard to buy alone. The SMC Venom is better (the bulky one they made a stealth version of later on) and the other characters had better releases too like GG. Electro and Black Cat are much easier to buy individually off the bay :)

sinister 6 articulation is pretty out of date

doc ock is a reuse of some old 5 inch character (i think moleman)

kraven has bad hips and no ab articulation,plus a ball joint head

electro,while has better articulation than the SMC18 one,most people hate his face,but i guess a head swap could work

green goblin is just the smc hobgoblin/SMO demogoblin,its ok but single joint elbows and knees,no ab artic,and i personally dont like the flat glider

black cat is ugly,i dont need to go into that

venom is ok,but i like the smc16 one better,depends if you like the mcfarlane version or the giant tongue version

on the other hand the FF box set is awesome

spiderman is just the smc12 super poseable spiderman with a new head (what most people consider the best spiderman to date)

rhino,vulture,and lizard are with out a doubt the best incarnations of the characters to date

carnage is ok,i prefer the smc9 version,but what ever, 4/5 aint bad

if i had to chose,take the FF boxset,less characters,but better quality

sinister 6 articulation is pretty out of date

doc ock is a reuse of some old 5 inch character (i think moleman)

kraven has bad hips and no ab articulation,plus a ball joint head

electro,while has better articulation than the SMC18 one,most people hate his face,but i guess a head swap could work

green goblin is just the smc hobgoblin/SMO demogoblin,its ok but single joint elbows and knees,no ab artic,and i personally dont like the flat glider

black cat is ugly,i dont need to go into that

venom is ok,but i like the smc16 one better,depends if you like the mcfarlane version or the giant tongue version

on the other hand the FF box set is awesome

spiderman is just the smc12 super poseable spiderman with a new head (what most people consider the best spiderman to date)

rhino,vulture,and lizard are with out a doubt the best incarnations of the characters to date

carnage is ok,i prefer the smc9 version,but what ever, 4/5 aint bad

if i had to chose,take the FF boxset,less characters,but better quality

dood say no more, you made me decide now, FF boxset it is :)

Get the sinister 6 then buy vulture, a different Rhino and carnage from the SMC series

From what i know vulture is a box set exculsive. So the only way you can get him without getting the boxset is lose on ebay. And its the only marvel legends style vulture out there im 99% sure of it.

Anyway it depends on what villians you want more. Both sets i think are awesome so just depends on what villians you want and need more.

Get the sinister 6 then buy vulture, a different Rhino and carnage from the SMC series

From what i know vulture is a box set exculsive. So the only way you can get him without getting the boxset is lose on ebay. And its the only marvel legends style vulture out there im 99% sure of it.

Anyway it depends on what villians you want more. Both sets i think are awesome so just depends on what villians you want and need more.

well for me the ff villains are much better with the exception of venom in sinister 6 he's the only villain i wanted from that set

well for me the ff villains are much better with the exception of venom in sinister 6 he's the only villain i wanted from that set

oh yeah i have both sets and there both awesome. But you should get the FF one first than and get the SS one when you have enough money again. Especially if you only want that one venom.

like heinousjoe just said get him loose (if you're a loose collector that is)

if ou could, go with both. if you have to choose, get the sinister six. its got more figures, and venom, electro, and spidey are almost worth the price on their own.

if ou could, go with both. if you have to choose, get the sinister six. its got more figures, and venom, electro, and spidey are almost worth the price on their own.

yeah well rhino,vulture,spiderman,and lizard are all worth the price themself alone also

plus all 4 of those are the best incarnations of each character to date

thanks for ur advice guys

i got it ff today and it was the right choice

i love the figures, they look superb

Glad to hear it. Definitley the way to go if you have to choose just one. I can't believe I almost passed that one up.

You done good...Spidey was a sleeper, Vulture is awesome, & the Rhino fig is top-notch. But, I'm a little partial...

congratulations for getting the figs... and for making the right decision... ;)

They’re both worth buying - but more so Fearsome Foes for it‘s larger selection of new and definitive versions of characters. Because of this set, we arguably never need another Vulture, Lizard or Rhino. They’re that good in my opinion.

I never picked up the Sinister Six set, and I’ve always had issues with it not actually being the Sinister Six, but I’d say the only figure of any true value to me would be Electro. I luckily purchased him separately on Ebay. He’s a vast improvement over the Spider-Man Classics release - lacking the action feature gimmick (thank god). The Black Cat figure is sub par at best, and I have no doubt she’ll be updated with a superior figure shortly - so I’d say you’re better off waiting on her. Venom is decent, especially if you'd rather a tongue less version - but he’s made very cheaply. Doc Ock, Kraven and Green Goblin have much better figures elsewhere.