Toy Sightings: 12" Iron Man Movie Figure Found!

Ryno

Actually, there were 2! I was chatting with a guy about GI Joes, (btw he found the new 2 packs including tomax and xamot) and I just strolled down that aisle, which is NOT the Marvel aisle and two of these Iron Man figures were sitting in the bottom shelf, in the wrong spot kinda pushed to the back.

i heard at the fwoosh that he sucks

he doesnt have ball shoulders,his arms cant even move backwards,he has blackbolt style hips

pic from fwoosh

ironman12inch.jpg

what the guys said

"I picked one up in Plano, Tx. Looks nice next to my Icons. The figure is crap though. The arms don't even move backwards, no ball joints, the legs are restricted. ABSOLUTLEY NO hand/wrist articulation. Like I said, it looks good, but poseability/playability, neh. $19.99..."

Well I thought I was going to get this one but after looking at it I think its just a big pass unless I can get it half off or something ... I'll just stick with my icons ironman I guess its the best one we got out there after all :)

he doesnt have ball shoulders,his arms cant even move backwards,he has blackbolt style hips

pic from fwoosh

ironman12inch.jpg

what the guys said

"I picked one up in Plano, Tx. Looks nice next to my Icons. The figure is crap though. The arms don't even move backwards, no ball joints, the legs are restricted. ABSOLUTLEY NO hand/wrist articulation. Like I said, it looks good, but poseability/playability, neh. $19.99..."

Why would they eliminate all that nice articulation ? On a 12-inch figure ?? It sounds real demented !!

Video...you really are having fun with this one. Looks good though. I still want to see a pic of him next to cap.

Video...you really are having fun with this one. Looks good though. I still want to see a pic of him next to cap.

More comparison pics would be great especially with Icons Captain America, Dr. Doom and Thor. Thanks for the pics and video you've posted so far, Ryno.

pic from fwoosh

ironman12inch.jpg

what the guys said

Why would they eliminate all that nice articulation ? On a 12-inch figure ?? It sounds real demented !!

I was expecting this to be super articulated mega awesome Iron Man as well, but then I realized that this is more of a toy than an action figure. With wires going into Repulsor Power Iron Man's arms, hands and feet, there is no way this figure could be fully super articulated.

Kids will LOVE Repulsor Power Iron Man, and even some collectors might dig it (I got a kick out of it)

But what you really want to hold out for and what I am reserving comparison pics with like Cap, Spidey, Hulk, Doom, etc, is the REAL 12" Action Figure INVINCIBLE IRON MAN. Of course if they end up using the same body just a different head and snap-on pieces well.....

268__scaled_600.jpg

"INVINCIBLE IRON MAN ACTION FIGURE

(Approximate Retail Price: $29.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: Fall 2008)

Iron Man is defined by his amazing arsenal of weapons and gear. Fans will love the new INVINCIBLE IRON MAN action figure that stands 12 inches tall and features a variety of accessories including snap-on weapons, a jet pack and a removable helmet. The figure mimics the Mark III armored suit featured in Paramount Pictures’ upcoming Iron Man movie."

That's from our Toy Fair coverage

Well I thought I was going to get this one but after looking at it I think its just a big pass unless I can get it half off or something ... I'll just stick with my icons ironman I guess its the best one we got out there after all :)

I agree with you 110% synch.I'm going too pass also,looks real chessy. The voice they used sounds like optimus prime.

I agree with you 110% synch.I'm going too pass also,looks real chessy. The voice they used sounds like optimus prime.

Thank you for saying it for me cause I did not want to say it my self @loll@