Transformers Con Set, is the Autobots are Bad, and Decepticons are Good

SKARAPZ

in anyway shape or form. This would be awesome to me.

Cobra - A Government Organization brought together to destroy GI JOE and its evil ways.

cobrasymbol1.jpg

GI Joe - Evil Terrorist Organization to rule the world

gijoebad.jpg

Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Meh...

Now I get why a lot of Transfans aren't too happy with that idea. I think this would kind of be a waste for the Joes, unless...

Maybe if it was based on that Worlds Without End (or whatever it was called) episode, where the Baroness is good, and Cobra ran the US government. That might be cool, although that's stretching your idea a bit. Basically I'd like it because we'd get cartoon versions of Steeler and Grunt.

A very bad idea for G.I.Joe since it relies to heavilty on the army building for con set sales.

An "evil" Snake-Eyes? Didn't we already see that in the DD-comics? :-P

-Kevin

um, i'm sure they could do some type of troops to add to the set man lol. Way to try to kill my thread lol. #US1# @loll@

Ditto to what I said on JBL....how is that for a cheap post to add to the post count? @lol@

Only because I now have to ask you what you posted... Since I don't go to JBL!

Btw, I have apparently had an account at JBL for awhile. :) "Admiral Hunter" there too! Also got one at hisstank and yojoe (which I registered once I learned I had one at JBL).

-Kevin

Actually, I think it would be kind of a cool idea. GI Joe could be like a former super black ops unit gone rogue and Cobra was assembled to take them down. You can turn a lot of classic GI Joe stories on its side for some cool possibilities. For example, Storm Shadow joined Cobra to get the opportunity to confront Snake Eyes, who murdered Storm's Shadow's uncle with an arrow shot in a botched attempt to murder Storm Shadow to become the new heir to the Arashikage clan. @firedevil@

For army builders in the Joe Con set, you could have evil GI Joe grunts (using the Cobra infantry trooper mold from the TRU exclusive set) colored in olive drab stamped with the evil GI Joe symbol.

PharmV

Well Actually ive always like the idea of making it were Cobra actually does Rule the world. And the Joes are a handful of Rebels trying to restore World order.

worst idea i have ever heard on these boards.

so many original ideas avilable over to do the bad guys turn good, good guys turn bad.

wow, way to be a ass, no offense, but there isnt anything wrong with this idea, and seeing if some people like it. I think it is cool and I would love to see it, but if you didnt like the idea, i wouldnt down play it for you or say anything negative to you, Grew up man, and realize nothing will fit in your own little bubble of what you like.

It would make for some interesting figures, but I'd rather see something along the lines of what Obiprime said...Cobra ruling the world, and GI Joe being a rebel unit trying to restore things.

Yes a Worlds Without End set would work very well.

I don't think the Transformer Con set works that well at all. The whole faction name Decepticons indicates they are bad guys.

Therefore G.I. Joe could not really be the bad guys since it's been used so much for the good guys. #US1#

Ummm Skarapz your "evil" Joe logo is the Canadian version of the G.I. Joe colors. @hmmm@

The Joes, now being called COBRA, would fly the Marine Corps Bell AH-1W Cobra helicopter, instead of the Dragonfly.

I've switched some Joes and Cobras to the other teams.

When I was a kid I used to wonder why there was a G.I. JOE character that had a COBRA-esque Code Name, and why a COBRA character had a JOE-esque Code Name. I'm referring to SNAKE-EYES and STORM SHADOW. STORM SHADOW's Code Name fit even better as a JOE Code Name once Desert Storm transpired. Plus, it wasn't the norm for a good guy to wear black (unless you were Chuck Norris), and a bad guy to wear white. Thus, I created a Parallel JOE/COBRA Universe. An alternate reality in which SNAKE-EYES and STORM SHADOW switched lives/roles. SNAKE-EYES became Japanese, and STORM SHADOW became caucasian with blue eyes and blonde hair. Since the Code Name STORM SHADOW was an English translation of his last name, ARASHIKAGE, I translated SNAKE-EYES into Japanese. There were two Japanese words I found for "Snake"; "Sune-ku" & "Hebi". I found one Japanese word for "Eyes"; "Metsuki". That gave me the two alternate last names of Sunekumetsuki and Hebimetsuki. You can go to my original thread and vote on which names/filecards sounded better.

My Parallel Joe/COBRA Universe, An Alternate Reality

Yes a Worlds Without End set would work very well.

I don't think the Transformer Con set works that well at all. The whole faction name Decepticons indicates they are bad guys.

Therefore G.I. Joe could not really be the bad guys since it's been used so much for the good guys. #US1#

Ummm Skarapz your "evil" Joe logo is the Canadian version of the G.I. Joe colors. @hmmm@

Duh... Canada is evil!

-Kevin

so many original ideas avilable over to do the bad guys turn good, good guys turn bad.

wow, way to be a ass, no offense, but there isnt anything wrong with this idea, and seeing if some people like it. I think it is cool and I would love to see it, but if you didnt like the idea, i wouldnt down play it for you or say anything negative to you, Grew up man, and realize nothing will fit in your own little bubble of what you like.

wow skarapz , dont be a baby, you asked for an opinon on the idea, and i think it stinks. way to dramatise my response.

like i said, so many ideas are better, that will never get done. the reverse Universe is over-played,

and over done. We dont even have all the regular characters we want.

wow skarapz , dont be a baby, you asked for an opinon on the idea, and i think it stinks. way to dramatise my response.

like i said, so many ideas are better, that will never get done. the reverse Universe is over-played,

and over done. We dont even have all the regular characters we want.

not being a baby bro, you said this was the worse idea you've ever heard, cant you just say u dont like it,

I've kinda gotta agree with Ccav here.

Even something like Cobra merging with Joe, and some of the Joe's disagreeing with it, and some Cobra agents forming their own sect of terrorism is more original.

I just think GI Joe should be left as is, with the exception of a few characters bouncing around, who might have questionable backgrounds (like SS). It just doesn't play out that well for GI Joe...I could never imagine CC as a good guy and Duke as a bad guy...much less the rest of the Joe-verse. Turning GI Joe into something evil pretty much demoralizes anyone with any sense of patriotism...which is what GI Joe stood for in the minds of many young children.

It may work for other toy lines, but for GI Joe: A REAL AMERICAN HERO, not so much.

On a side note - no offense to international collectors, but this was always the way I viewed GI Joe as a child...the epitome of law, justice, and everything that is good...which is the way we, as Americans in the 80's, were taught to view our country (which was probably pretty correct under the Reagan era, and might not be so today...although I'm probably remembering it through rose-colored lenses). @lol@

...I could never imagine CC as a good guy and Duke as a bad guy...

So, you can't imagine Cobra Commander looking like this:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9131/cobrajoe2xp5.jpg

Taken from an issue of Toyfare Magazine, in their Toyfare Theatre.

Even something like Cobra merging with Joe, and some of the Joe's disagreeing with it, and some Cobra agents forming their own sect of terrorism is more original.

I just think GI Joe should be left as is, with the exception of a few characters bouncing around, who might have questionable backgrounds (like SS). It just doesn't play out that well for GI Joe...I could never imagine CC as a good guy and Duke as a bad guy...much less the rest of the Joe-verse. Turning GI Joe into something evil pretty much demoralizes anyone with any sense of patriotism...which is what GI Joe stood for in the minds of many young children.

It may work for other toy lines, but for GI Joe: A REAL AMERICAN HERO, not so much.

On a side note - no offense to international collectors, but this was always the way I viewed GI Joe as a child...the epitome of law, justice, and everything that is good...which is the way we, as Americans in the 80's, were taught to view our country (which was probably pretty correct under the Reagan era, and might not be so today...although I'm probably remembering it through rose-colored lenses). @lol@

But you put it in a better way, its cool to have your thoughts are beliefs and still not put other people down. I have no problem with someone disagreeing. Oh well thought it would be a good topic

Meh, doesn't really do a whole lot for me either. Of course I never buy the con sets because they are way out of my budget limit. But that being neither here nor there - I could maybe see a set done where Cobra has taken over and GI Joes are the last resistance fighters. Much like the cartoon episodes, but that it as close to the idea that I could see.

But you put it in a better way, its cool to have your thoughts are beliefs and still not put other people down. I have no problem with someone disagreeing. Oh well thought it would be a good topic

omg ... i said "worst idea ever" not "skaraps is a ##$%$#" go check the definition of "personal attack"

and in the meantime i called 911 for you..

whambulance.jpg

omg ... i said "worst idea ever" not "skaraps is a ##$%$#" go check the definition of "personal attack"

whambulance.jpg

Yep went and looked it up, even took the ambulance to the library, and you quoted me, saying WORST IDEA YOU EVER HEARD ON THE BOARDS

hmmm bro, thats a hell of a lot of ideas, and when quoting me and being negative it seemed like a personal attack, its over and done with i was upset at the time, look back on it and I even admit making to much, I'll apologize on that, but its all good, I hold no hard feelings.

Still think it could be somewhat of a good idea. Even though i do like the GI JOE being a rebel group against Cobra who's taken over.

whambulance.jpg

Yep went and looked it up, even took the ambulance to the library, and you quoted me, saying WORST IDEA YOU EVER HEARD ON THE BOARDS

hmmm bro, thats a hell of a lot of ideas, and when quoting me and being negative it seemed like a personal attack, its over and done with i was upset at the time, look back on it and I even admit making to much, I'll apologize on that, but its all good, I hold no hard feelings.

Still think it could be somewhat of a good idea. Even though i do like the GI JOE being a rebel group against Cobra who's taken over.

but thats the same thing as it is now, thats not backwards. having the joes fighting Cobra as if Cobra ruled the planet is a Good story. but not as if Cobra was the US's counter terrorist group.

that just doesnt work IMO