Has anyone talked to those Hasbro Podcast Guys?

operarob

After a pretty dismal showing at Toy Fair 2008 i was thinking that the Marvel Legends team may want to do some "damage control" to help calm the nerves of Legends fans everywhere.

I think it's a pretty general feeling on these boards that the excitement for these lines is waining. That combined with the lackluster showing (ML wise) at ToyFair worries the crap out of me, and I feel that some kind of podcast/open Q&A would help put some minds at ease.

There are alot of things that have just been left hanging...

Are the Upcomming and awesome looking Icons done for?

Is there any hope for exclusive Icons, so we can see these if they do get cancelled?

When are we gonna see HML 4?

What is the deal with Marvel Toys & Jesse Falcon being brought on as consultants?

Does this mean that Marvel Toys/ToyBiz could be making the legends again?

What happened to the rest of the Hulk figures (i.e. Valkryie, Doc Samson, Skaaar)?

Is there gonna be a Wolverine and the X-men Toy Line?

Could we get some more listings of these 2-packs?

Are we ever gonna see the return of the boxset? Cause we need 'em!

Where's the New Cap figure? The new costume design was announced 4 months ago!

Last year was a difficult one for Marvel Legends fans. The company switch left many angry about a myraid of issues from articulation, to price, to quality. Yet it is my belief that even through thier online "posturing" and "Kvetching", most still purchase the lines in hopes that the product will get better, and to a certain extent, it has.

And just when things started to look up for the line (HML3 and HMLF4 were alot better) there was a complete stoppage of info, alot of these questions started to arise, and a sparse showing at ToyFair that has left many LOYAL FANS wondering where OUR favorite toy line stands.

Is ML in trouble?

Is there change in the air? (i.e. 3 3/4" figures?)

Does the future of the line rest on the shoulders of Iron Man & Hulk sales?

Could we get a podcast to help ease our minds here?

I think it would go a long way towards building fan trust, which IMHO has taken a hit recently.

But I'm just a stupid collector that's bought everything marvel has put out for almost 20 years, so what do I know.

Relax dude. It's been said that Hasbro plans on releasing 4-5 ML waves each year and I haven't seen anything to make me think that's changed.

HML4 was likely delayed b/c of the issues with Beast figure and will probably be out in Mar or Apr. The same thing happened last year w/HML3 where we ended up waiting 2-3 months longer than we thought we would.

Icons is done, replaced by the Unleashed figures.

Marvel Toys will not be producing ML anytime soon. With the LCBH guys looking for work, some of them may be invited to join the Hasbro team.

Hasbro will likely reveal the remaining 4 Hulk Foom characters that made the cut from the original 12 at Comic Con. (hopefully Valkrye is one of them). More info on 2 packs and or boxsets will likely be shown at that time as well. Ransomz said he overheard talk of a Wrecking Crew box set at TF!! It seems to be the concensus that more ML product will be revealed then.

X-Men/Wolverine figures will be more of a 2009 thing to coincide with the Wolverine movie release.

Hopefully my version of the podcast will ease any nerves. :P

After a pretty dismal showing at Toy Fair 2008 i was thinking that the Marvel Legends team may want to do some "damage control" to help calm the nerves of Legends fans everywhere.

Dismal? Not from what I saw/heard.

I think it's a pretty general feeling on these boards that the excitement for these lines is waining. That combined with the lackluster showing (ML wise) at ToyFair worries the crap out of me, and I feel that some kind of podcast/open Q&A would help put some minds at ease.

Lackluster? We have the promise of at least 6 more 2-packs, at least one more Hulk wave (to build FFF), more Spidey heroes/villains (Puma and Tarantula, for starters) and HML4 isn't even out yet, but you want to call it lackluster that we don't know through wave 7? Personally, I think it's a pretty general feeling on these boards that being a collector carries with it some sense of entitlement that simply doesn't exist.

(I'm bolding the original questions so I don't exceed quote block limits...)

Are the Upcomming and awesome looking Icons done for?

Is there any hope for exclusive Icons, so we can see these if they do get cancelled?

Valid. I hope you get an answer to that.

When are we gonna see HML 4?

Since the wave never had a 'release date', and 'delayed' doesn't carry one either, but there's been absolutely nothing said or done that would make any reasonable person think we're not getting them, I just don't see where this is a burning question.

What is the deal with Marvel Toys & Jesse Falcon being brought on as consultants?

Does this mean that Marvel Toys/ToyBiz could be making the legends again?

I think 'time will tell' is pretty much the best/only answer we're going to hear right now.

What happened to the rest of the Hulk figures (i.e. Valkryie, Doc Samson, Skaaar)?

Again, it's going to take at least one more wave to complete FFF. Keep your pants on.

Is there gonna be a Wolverine and the X-men Toy Line?

This is kind of a 'duh' thing, isn't it? How many Marvel cartoons of the last few decades have gone without? Two that I can name (Spider-Man Unlimited and the latest F4 debacle, and the latter actually had toys planned)... that's two out of well over a dozen. We have yet to see much regarding it at all (do we even have a premiere date?), and it was well beyond that when pics of the Spectacular Spider-Man toys started showing up.

Could we get some more listings of these 2-packs?

Why? Are the first two out yet?

Are we ever gonna see the return of the boxset? Cause we need 'em!

Valid.

Where's the New Cap figure? The new costume design was announced 4 months ago!

Um... yeah. Four whole months. Most of the toys coming out this year were planned a full year ago. Yeah, let's rush that bad boy into production so that the fans can complain about how it looks/feels rushed, and/or so that the costume can change by the time it makes it out (Young Avengers set, anyone?). I'd rather they take their time and make a quality product than show off the toy a mere four months after the announcement of the new costume (and less than 2 months after it made it to the printed page).

Last year was a difficult one for Marvel Legends fans. The company switch left many angry about a myraid of issues from articulation, to price, to quality. Yet it is my belief that even through thier online "posturing" and "Kvetching", most still purchase the lines in hopes that the product will get better, and to a certain extent, it has.

We can dream... but someone will complain no matter what. The best idea is just to enjoy what you like, and let the rest wallow in their own negativity.

And just when things started to look up for the line (HML3 and HMLF4 were alot better) there was a complete stoppage of info, alot of these questions started to arise, and a sparse showing at ToyFair that has left many LOYAL FANS wondering where OUR favorite toy line stands.

I would think that the loyal fans are the ones not crying that the sky is falling and making Hasbro-hate-posts just because they aren't getting every last thing done their preferred way, as though they are the only fan that matters. I'm not trying to be rude, but since virtually no one here works for the company or has any affiliation with them that could be jeopardized by their business, there is really no reason for anyone here to complain about not being 'in the loop'.

Is ML in trouble?

Doubtful.

Is there change in the air? (i.e. 3 3/4" figures?)

I don't know about 'change'... the 5" figures performed dismally for Hasbro (and that was only in a movie line), so I seriously doubt they'd really try to pull a fast one and give us only figures that are a little over half the size of what we have now. A companion line, as Mattel seems to be doing with DC, is certainly a possibility.

Does the future of the line rest on the shoulders of Iron Man & Hulk sales?

Why would it? It would be silly to rest the future of Marvel toys as a whole on the shoulders of movie-based lines. The customer base for those lines isn't even the same one that the ML line sells to.

Could we get a podcast to help ease our minds here?

But what if they do one, and you love all the answers, but then there's not another for three months? What then? Dear lord, what kind of crisis will there be then?!

I think it would go a long way towards building fan trust, which IMHO has taken a hit recently.

There's a big difference between 'fan trust' and 'unfounded feelings of betrayal'.

But I'm just a stupid collector that's bought everything marvel has put out for almost 20 years, so what do I know.

You too, huh? Isn't it great that there HAS been 20 years of Marvel toys- good, bad, ugly, and in many shapes and sizes? Isn't it comforting to know that, having been around this long, they aren't likely to go anywhere? Isn't it awesome to see the leaps and bounds that toys have made and will continue to make? Isn't it a wonderful time to be a toy collector?

That's the sort of thing you're really trying to say, right?

I have always collected hasbro products, from star wars and transformers, all the way back to when they had the Batman license.So I have no problem with hasbro. The only thing I think they re doing wrong is relying on their fan base a little too heavily when it comes to the marvel lines. It seems that they think "well, we know fans just about eat up anything Marvel, so lets just keep them in suspense so they want what we can put out even more." The reason for they delay o wave four may legitimately be they are holding off for the beast figure. But what was the reason behind the delay of wave 3? All I'm saying is that compared to everything shown for Star Wars, the Marvel presentation did seem alot smaller, and sure they have different sales reps and production mangers and that type of thing but we basically know everything that is coming until fall 08 for star wars but for marvel we just have an idea. Maybe they are only waiting till the comic-cons, but star wars and transformers lines put it all out there at toyfare. I think there is a lot of last minute work that goes on with the marvel license and the reps play it off as "we want to keep you guessing, what's the fun in knowing everything that you are gonna get" when they aren't really prepared and are making it up as they go along. Like with some of the replies in the podcasts "oh should we give them the hasbro response: we can't say at this time but you won't be disappoited"

P.S. It is way to early to be asking about x-men and wolverine movie and cartoon figures, that is pushing it.

i dont think marvel toys is going to get the license back anytime soon. it doesnt expire til like 2012. as for them being hired as sculptors, that would be the best situation possible:

toybiz sculpt + hasbro's sturdy plastic= goodness!

and since they are getting better with paint and articulation, this will be the best of both world's.

i dont think marvel toys is going to get the license back anytime soon. it doesnt expire til like 2012. as for them being hired as sculptors, that would be the best situation possible:

and since they are getting better with paint and articulation, this will be the best of both world's.

You say that like Hasbro sculptors couldn't sculpt figures like Toy Biz ones if they wanted to. Im sure the differeces in sculpts and paint apps have more to do with costs, not skill.

Relax dude. It's been said that Hasbro plans on releasing 4-5 ML waves each year and I haven't seen anything to make me think that's changed.

HML4 was likely delayed b/c of the issues with Beast figure and will probably be out in Mar or Apr. The same thing happened last year w/HML3 where we ended up waiting 2-3 months longer than we thought we would.

Icons is done, replaced by the Unleashed figures.

Marvel Toys will not be producing ML anytime soon. With the LCBH guys looking for work, some of them may be invited to join the Hasbro team.

Hasbro will likely reveal the remaining 4 Hulk Foom characters that made the cut from the original 12 at Comic Con. (hopefully Valkrye is one of them). More info on 2 packs and or boxsets will likely be shown at that time as well. Ransomz said he overheard talk of a Wrecking Crew box set at TF!! It seems to be the concensus that more ML product will be revealed then.

X-Men/Wolverine figures will be more of a 2009 thing to coincide with the Wolverine movie release.

Hopefully my version of the podcast will ease any nerves. :P

yes marvel legends wave 4 is delayed because of the beast figure. there are only going to be 2 waves of marvel legends figures this year, not 4 - 5. yes icons are done, but hasbro did say that they will be releasing the the last 6 icons they have. phoenix, dark phoenix, nightcrawler, colossus, daredevil, and first appearance daredevil.

whoo!! what a relief, and i was gonna spend a buttload of money on the icons thinking it was gonna hit at least wave 10. dont you hate it when that happens? lines that get cancelled.

anyways, about the beat figure, im not a big fan of that cat face version. i havent picked up a x-men comic in a long time, and i freaked out when i saw beast with a #$### face. whos idea was that anyways? oh well i'll still get the figure....just for the baf.

You say that like Hasbro sculptors couldn't sculpt figures like Toy Biz ones if they wanted to. Im sure the differeces in sculpts and paint apps have more to do with costs, not skill.

funny thing is some(maybe even most) of the Hasbro stuff was sculpted by the same guys that did the figs for toybiz. I would not be at all surprised if most of the sculptors were brought over from toybiz when the rights changed hands.

two packs

sunfire from poll and storm from poll as first and second place two pack

x3 storm and x3 callisto

fa storm and black panther

ultimate storm (xmen legends) with interchangeable head (short hair varient) and forge with interchangable hand (ie gun arm)

basically storm anything..................... anyone agree?????????

The thing that bugs me the most about the lack of Podcasts and Q&A from the Hasbro ML team is the fact that they do such a great job with that on the Star Wars front. Tons of questions from a couple dozen fan sites get answered every month.

Maybe the ML guys just got sick of hearing the same complaints from us and figured there's no point in answering our questions since they have no intention of fixing the obvious problems we're repeatedly pointing out.

Well excuse the hell out of me for trying to post.

Hey 8 ball, thanks for the kind comments. Jerk!

I hope the sky falls on your pompous @$$! It's real easy to hide behind an online tag and act like the "god of the boards".

And for the record I never said anything about toybiz getting the license back, but that they could be contracted by Hasbro to produce figures since Hasbro doesn't have all the facilities they need.

And NO, it isn't too early for an action figure line to be announced for the X-men cartoon, That's the way it used to be done, I can show you the old product catalogues. They used to produce the figures based on confidence in the product line. No such luck any more. But the cartoon is going to be out in November, and if they plan to have a toyline connected, this is STILL the place to show it to the big box stores.

I'm sorry, I forgot that discussions can't happen here. Just annoymous condicention.

Well excuse the hell out of me for trying to post.

Hey 8 ball, thanks for the kind comments. Jerk!

I hope the sky falls on your pompous @$$! It's real easy to hide behind an online tag and act like the "god of the boards".

And for the record I never said anything about toybiz getting the license back, but that they could be contracted by Hasbro to produce figures since Hasbro doesn't have all the facilities they need.

And NO, it isn't too early for an action figure line to be announced for the X-men cartoon, That's the way it used to be done, I can show you the old product catalogues. They used to produce the figures based on confidence in the product line. No such luck any more. But the cartoon is going to be out in November, and if they plan to have a toyline connected, this is STILL the place to show it to the big box stores.

I'm sorry, I forgot that discussions can't happen here. Just annoymous condicention.

you realise you can actually get blocked by calling people names right?

So bounce me! @firedevil@

I'd be better than getting insulted by a bunch of schmucks for posting my opinion. @grumpy@

In the words of Nick Fury," "your all a bunch of pinko's"! #US1#

And for the record, I've got the job you all want, so suck it! @smilepunch@

condicention ?? must be con + dice + ention must be a noun of some sort ??

let me break out the Webster's.

Ohhh! condescend - to talk down to ? ? ? he meant condescension . . .

so much for articulation.