AT-TE, That's One Badass Toy

Bespin refugee

So how many does every"one" plan on buying.

you said the answer you're self I don't know anyone who has room for more than one of these ...or at least now that many people .... Unless starwars is all that person is into and nothing else I can't really see it ...

Hilarious...

Fans: Hasbro, will you begin producing playsets for Star Wars/G.I. Joe?

Hasbro: Historically, playsets have been too cost-expensive to produce and linger on store shelves, resulting in clearance and lost profit, making retailers less likely to devote shelf space to them.

*BAM! $59.99 Indiana Jones Temple playset. *

Fans: Hasbro, will we ever see a re-release of the Flagg or General/Naboo Royal Starship?

Hasbro: Historically, large scale vehicles have been too cost-expensive to produce and linger on store shelves, resulting in clearance and lost profit, making retailers less likely to devote shelf space to them.

*BAM! $99.99 Clone Wars AT-TE vehicle. *

I wonder, during the next round of Q&A, if Hasbro will admit to seeing how sales go on these products and decide to produce more larger scale vehicles and playsets, or if they'll just maintain their old position and claim they don't sell well.

Hilarious...

Fans: Hasbro, will you begin producing playsets for Star Wars/G.I. Joe?

Hasbro: Historically, playsets have been too cost-expensive to produce and linger on store shelves, resulting in clearance and lost profit, making retailers less likely to devote shelf space to them.

*BAM! $59.99 Indiana Jones Temple playset. *

Fans: Hasbro, will we ever see a re-release of the Flagg or General/Naboo Royal Starship?

Hasbro: Historically, large scale vehicles have been too cost-expensive to produce and linger on store shelves, resulting in clearance and lost profit, making retailers less likely to devote shelf space to them.

*BAM! $99.99 Clone Wars AT-TE vehicle. *

I wonder, during the next round of Q&A, if Hasbro will admit to seeing how sales go on these products and decide to produce more larger scale vehicles and playsets, or if they'll just maintain their old position and claim they don't sell well.

To be fair, the Indiana Jones playset is only $40 (well within reason for any given toyline).

But you really can't blame Hasbro too much on that policy. Traditionally, those big toysets haven't done all that well. The AT AT in 98 was heavily clearanced, as was the Naboo Royal Starship. The GI Joe Cobra Mountain was a flop as was the TRU MCC.

The biggest reason we're seeing the AT TE is because of the huge success everyone is expecting Clone Wars to be. If not for that, we'd never see such a vehicle made. Hasbro and retailers are taking a fairly big risk on the AT TE, and if it flops as the Naboo Starship and original mass release AT AT did, it will probably be another 10 years or so before we see another big mass retail release like this.

Keep in mind the Indiana Jones playset has a movie to back it up and is just a re-hashed old Star Wars playset.

The AT-TE has a movie/animated tv series to back it up so Im sure Hasbro feels there will be enough hype for these products to justife making them.

you said the answer you're self I don't know anyone who has room for more than one of these ...or at least now that many people .... Unless starwars is all that person is into and nothing else I can't really see it ...

I bet someone like Action Figure Soundwave gets more then 1.

• 2 weeks later...
i'm officially gonna get one, but i'm gonna shoot for three, hehe, dam, gonna need more clones!!

How the heck are you going to have the space to display them all though? :D

I bet someone like Action Figure Soundwave gets more then 1.

With out a doubt but I don't count guys like him as being normal... he is more along the lines of crazy :P:D

i'm officially gonna get one, but i'm gonna shoot for three, hehe, dam, gonna need more clones!!

How the heck are you going to have the space to display them all though? :D

hmm, guess i'll have two in storage and have one on display, i live in two cities so i guess it'll be ok.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...