Dude I just went on an Opening Spree!!!

FearfulSymmetry

Congratulations on freeing your MLs :)

Good job dude all that matters is that you had fun with em :) Frankly if you open most of them all the time you may as well open all of them :) my .02 cents :) it always bugs me when open guys keep the "chases & rares" misb :P looking forward to seeing some collection pics once you got everything all setup :D

I'm actually guilty of this. I open almost everything so it is somewhat irrational to keep the rares moc. I do want to open them but I can't bring myself to do it. I take pleasure in knowing something I have is worth some X amount (and moc ups the value), even though I have no intention of ever selling it.

I'm actually guilty of this. I open almost everything so it is somewhat irrational to keep the rares moc. I do want to open them but I can't bring myself to do it. I take pleasure in knowing something I have is worth some X amount (and moc ups the value), even though I have no intention of ever selling it.

the dilemma... but hey, if you really have no intention of selling them, i say open them... i see no point in keeping them MOC when you're not concerned about making money out of it sometime later...

I have doen that before but have to admit regretted it later. Its fun when its happening but then i realize i have no place to display them and should have just left them carded.

Normally I just open my figures to save room, but when I realize that I don't have enough room to display them all, I put them in Ziploc bags and put them in clear plastic tubs. Then, I display the rest.

Well for me it came to asking myself one simple question that needed a truly honest answer.

Would these action figures of comic characters I grew up loving as a kid ever be sold by me to an anyomous nobody?

The honest answer was: NO!

Thus I opened all my toys and enjoy them a lot more. When people come over and now see my open collection, they fall in love with it. "oh who is this guy, and I remember stories when I was a kid of the Hulk or so n so". That makes people really share some things that made them feel great at a certain point in time when they can relate a story or cartoon to their feelings. Isn't that why we are collecting these little pieces of plastic anyways, is because of how we felt growing up with them?

yeah aint nothing wrong with moc. i score all my figures and by two on ALL my favorite characters just to see the value go up, but i wont give'em away or sell'em. im happy to say i got ML 6 all MOC and loose. Maybe its just me, but i rather have that wave in MOC than the giant man. I opened up my giant man wave.

Man, be happy you freed the figures. Nothing wrong with MOC, but if you are collectiong full sets, especially based on the BAF concept, then you need to enjoy it.

I decided to open my stuff about 2 years ago and it was a great feeling. I felt like a kid on christmas morning. I only wish I did it sooner as a few of my figs had problems, and If i opened them when i bought them I could have taken them backand gotten new ones.

Aside from that, i love to display them. Since I just moved I have to set up my special room and when i am done, i want it took like one of those Macy's toy displays. Otherwise, what are these figures for???

Well, I can only thank you for making the ones I keep MOC more valuable in the long run. Sweet...

you collect toys to sell them?

ure no collector, your just a retailer/scalper

try baseball cards, toys are for setting up/ playing with.

if u are not going to use them, let the little kids who ACTUALLY want to use them for what they are made for by them, and for retail price.

your a d!ck

you're a clown. I collect moc because i happen to prefer a moc display versus a loose one.I have no intention of seling anything anytime soone.