Hasbro Sucks!

FLOATON

who is this SO NO TORNADO guy i keep hearing about? im assuming he was blocked before i joined (august '07), but ah well.

a word to the not so wise, floaton: i did almost the same thing your doing when i 1st joined (except, you know, whine-less...). actually, it was the opposite, i was trying to reduce the number of hasbro hate threads. but thats not the point. the point is pick your battles. youve made what? 4 posts? and your already being wanted gone? id straighten up your act, and quit calling us dorks, because youre on a toy forum. yes, were all a bit dorky, but if you are one of us, you cant make fun of the rest of us for that reason. you cant act like the jock in high school that gives us swirleys, cuz youd be in the same group. wed make sure youd get the stall with the crap.

Yeah, I agree.......there have been plenty of folks banned from the forums over the years. But I have to say that the guy has some valid points......for the past 3-4 years we were spoiled as collectors with ToyBiz........they made probably the best comic/super-hero action figure line ever! With character selection and ease of finding figures and price.......Hasbro still has some pretty big shoes to fill IMO......I still haven't really found a Hasbro ML figure that has screamed "Buy Me" in the store.........I have pretty much every Toy Biz ML figure with a few exceptions here and there.........and I don't like Hasbros stuff...........and I haven't bought ONE Hasbro ML so far......I have been tempted.......but I haven't caved yet.

Back to the topic..........Hasbro really didn't impress me either with what they showed so far (The Cap and Fury were great though, if they look that good in the store I may have to pick that up, Elektra too).......maybe more will come down the line.

I'm not condoning his insults but he does have some good points IMO........but we were spoiled with Toy Biz when they had the license.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So No Tornado was a fella that was here around the first of last year towards the transitional period from Toy Biz to Hasbro. And he was adamantly against Hasbro - especially when the TB Vs Big H debates were rampant. He was a well written guy that liked to push buttons, set fires, and watch it burn as the forums would erupt in riots against him. He was, in the worst sense, a troll that (although on occasion contribute to the conversation) usually popped in and started bashing fans, forum members, figures, Hasbro, or any combination therein to start up yet another fight. He was finally banned some time later when it became overwhelmingly apparent he was unwanted and was merely an instigator and assuredly his name led to many Mods' PM boxes being filled up with complaints.

Back on topic - mostly - people generally tend to deal better with well thought out arguments and complaints than blind hatred and "you sucksorz, Hasblow, etc..." And again, Hasbro said they were using the Ty Fair to promote their movie licenses and give us a taste of whats to come with the big Comic Cons being where they will probably drop the majority of this year's product. There is nothing wrong with being frustrated, but it usually helps to convey it in a more reasonable matter.

And to add to everyone else, coming on to a site where your initial post was how a toy company has beyond pushed your boundaries of reason into a blind rage of angry text on the internet and then the next post being a calm one calling us 'geeks' and 'basement dwellers' seems like an ironic backpedaling. You can feel however you want and opinions are welcome. Its not what you say, but how you say it.

Well, I waited a while before I chimed in, because its plain to see how a thread like this inevitably goes.....

I like to think that every respondant here probably cares passionately about the Marvel Legends line, otherwise they'd stay their voice, but I find myself wondering some things.

To wit: if the stuff isn't meeting any individuals expectations over an extended time, so why not move on?

Why complain endlessly about something that, based on that individuals perceptions, isn't changing, why keep complaining to no effect about it?

The discord comes across as if there's supposed to be obligations here. Obligations on the part of Hasbro, in this case, making product the way Toy biz made product. Obligations on the part of fans and collectors who feel they "have" to buy into a line that they simply do not like, and return criticism towards Hasbro because of it.

I just don't get it--because there's no genuine obligations at work here, on either side.

I mean, let's look at that product as it actually is--without biases.

Hasbro's changed some of the articulation mechanisms--SOME OF THEM.

Some of the sculpts feature characters with smaller heads than normal.

Some figures have plainer sculpts than others.

Some of the female figures have weaker sculpts than others.

Some figures have weaker, or different, paint apps than others.

Some waves are criticized for having less-interesting rosters.

Interesting: if you look at Toybiz's 15-17 waves of Marvel Legends, you find ALL of those things present at least once per wave throughout the run. The similarities are undeniable--those criticisms were, indeed, applied to Toybiz as much as they are to Hasbro.

The differences, are in the eyes of the beholder and, really.........vary by degrees only.

From MY perception, ( for example) the Fantastic Four Legends Namor fits in very well with the Toy Biz Avengers roster I have. Moleman is every bit as good a sculpt as the very first ML series Toad figure was. The difference is in the paint apps and its a MINOR difference, really.

The Reed Richards figure and Silver Surfer fit in seamlessly with any other Marvel Legends wave.

The same can be said for almost all the Hasbro ML products to date.

From where I sit, I wonder what people are really complaining about.

If people are complaining about Bucky's sculpt, they were also complaining about Bishop's sculpt as well, or Cable's proportions. Or the first ML Cyclops' navel, or The Scarlet Witch, or Emma Frost, or........

Sounds like consistent complaints across the board to me.........and only the LATEST refrain is "Hasbro Sucks" when two years ago it was " Toybiz Sucks".

And these voices are still around, and AGAIN I ask: why?

To the complainers: if the stuff is failing expectations constantly, why hope in vain? Why not just move on to something else and enjoy live as is your just due?

Why condemn other collectors for liking something that you do not?

And why fling invectives at a company that simply not listening to them ( from yuor POV)?

Why waste all that energy?

The conclusions I've come on my own about those question don't really flatter the complainers.

I get the sense that more than a few of them are not really complaining out of genuine upsets, but mostly just to be heard for the sake of being heard.

That's part of the flaw in forums like this--anyone can have an anonymous voice--responsible or not their voice may be.

Some folks apparently just like to rock the boat, and don't care what kind of response they get, outside of getting a response at all.

Some folks just blindly criticize and offer NOTHING with their criticisms, yet expect the world in kind from the product they are criticizing. Constructive criticism seems to be a lost art, I guess...

Y'know, there's a principle called the Law of Attraction, and it goes something like this:

Whatever you focus on, you get more of.

The complainers are constantly focusing on the things they don't like, and the things they are really powerless to change ( like reverting the license back to Toybiz), so..........they get more of that because THAT is what they are focussing on. And they are miserable, it seems.

The fans, like myself I guess, that are focussing on enjoying the line.......well.......we ARE getting more ML, getting more and different characters, and more line-ups to be sure. And it seems like the fans are having a blast ( I know I am).

I guess there's always going to be the discontented folks, which is really just plain sad.

okay, this topic is starting to die down, and before it fully dies, i have to say this:

no matter how good a sculpt is, no matter how crappy the paint is, no matter the amount of articulation or accessories, none of it matters if the toy isnt fun. of the toy falls apart when you look at it, its not gonna take long to get bored. but if you can find a situation where the figure fits in, you have yourself a good toy.

oh, and anyone complaining about hasbro articulation- if you cant find any good poses, your not trying hard enough.

okay, this topic is starting to die down, and before it fully dies, i have to say this:

no matter how good a sculpt is, no matter how crappy the paint is, no matter the amount of articulation or accessories, none of it matters if the toy isnt fun. of the toy falls apart when you look at it, its not gonna take long to get bored. but if you can find a situation where the figure fits in, you have yourself a good toy.

oh, and anyone complaining about hasbro articulation- if you cant find any good poses, your not trying hard enough.

i would love to see how you pose your figs because i have a hard time to pose the hasbro legends. any pics? i can stand them but i have a hard time to make them look flying like banshee or running for quicksilver or hold a gun in two arms like hydra soldier or wolverine in full attack. i could do this with toybiz. now dont think i hate hasbro because if that would be the case i would not have them. :D

Well, I waited a while before I chimed in, because its plain to see how a thread like this inevitably goes.....

I like to think that every respondant here probably cares passionately about the Marvel Legends line, otherwise they'd stay their voice, but I find myself wondering some things.

To wit: if the stuff isn't meeting any individuals expectations over an extended time, so why not move on?

Why complain endlessly about something that, based on that individuals perceptions, isn't changing, why keep complaining to no effect about it?

The discord comes across as if there's supposed to be obligations here. Obligations on the part of Hasbro, in this case, making product the way Toy biz made product. Obligations on the part of fans and collectors who feel they "have" to buy into a line that they simply do not like, and return criticism towards Hasbro because of it.

I just don't get it--because there's no genuine obligations at work here, on either side.

I mean, let's look at that product as it actually is--without biases.

Hasbro's changed some of the articulation mechanisms--SOME OF THEM.

Some of the sculpts feature characters with smaller heads than normal.

Some figures have plainer sculpts than others.

Some of the female figures have weaker sculpts than others.

Some figures have weaker, or different, paint apps than others.

Some waves are criticized for having less-interesting rosters.

Interesting: if you look at Toybiz's 15-17 waves of Marvel Legends, you find ALL of those things present at least once per wave throughout the run. The similarities are undeniable--those criticisms were, indeed, applied to Toybiz as much as they are to Hasbro.

The differences, are in the eyes of the beholder and, really.........vary by degrees only.

From MY perception, ( for example) the Fantastic Four Legends Namor fits in very well with the Toy Biz Avengers roster I have. Moleman is every bit as good a sculpt as the very first ML series Toad figure was. The difference is in the paint apps and its a MINOR difference, really.

The Reed Richards figure and Silver Surfer fit in seamlessly with any other Marvel Legends wave.

The same can be said for almost all the Hasbro ML products to date.

From where I sit, I wonder what people are really complaining about.

If people are complaining about Bucky's sculpt, they were also complaining about Bishop's sculpt as well, or Cable's proportions. Or the first ML Cyclops' navel, or The Scarlet Witch, or Emma Frost, or........

Sounds like consistent complaints across the board to me.........and only the LATEST refrain is "Hasbro Sucks" when two years ago it was " Toybiz Sucks".

And these voices are still around, and AGAIN I ask: why?

To the complainers: if the stuff is failing expectations constantly, why hope in vain? Why not just move on to something else and enjoy live as is your just due?

Why condemn other collectors for liking something that you do not?

And why fling invectives at a company that simply not listening to them ( from yuor POV)?

Why waste all that energy?

The conclusions I've come on my own about those question don't really flatter the complainers.

I get the sense that more than a few of them are not really complaining out of genuine upsets, but mostly just to be heard for the sake of being heard.

That's part of the flaw in forums like this--anyone can have an anonymous voice--responsible or not their voice may be.

Some folks apparently just like to rock the boat, and don't care what kind of response they get, outside of getting a response at all.

Some folks just blindly criticize and offer NOTHING with their criticisms, yet expect the world in kind from the product they are criticizing. Constructive criticism seems to be a lost art, I guess...

Y'know, there's a principle called the Law of Attraction, and it goes something like this:

Whatever you focus on, you get more of.

The complainers are constantly focusing on the things they don't like, and the things they are really powerless to change ( like reverting the license back to Toybiz), so..........they get more of that because THAT is what they are focussing on. And they are miserable, it seems.

The fans, like myself I guess, that are focussing on enjoying the line.......well.......we ARE getting more ML, getting more and different characters, and more line-ups to be sure. And it seems like the fans are having a blast ( I know I am).

I guess there's always going to be the discontented folks, which is really just plain sad.

my sentiment exactly....I am happy to have these figures, lord knows when I was a kid....we had nothing like this. and I love the characters...sure you may get a series where you don't get the charcters you wnat....but since when was it about you the individual.

I want a HOM hawkeye...have I gotten it no...but I am excited about the possibility of it. and that is what it is about...excitement about what the future may hold.

I love this forum, it turns from Hasbro sucks topic to Spread the Love and bash So No tornado (I remember him, guy said i was an idiot for liking Emma Frost a little bit). Thats why i come here everyday. (don't always post though)

sorry my fault lol :P

I hate ToyBiz because they eat up all my cash whenever I look for them in EBay. I luv Hasbro for letting me be a tight wad and look for a reason not to spend my money on their toys and wait and wait and wait for better stuff to come out or probably not come out in the future. I love Mattel for giving me reason to look over their side of the fence and see how well they have been doing since the last year. Hasbro you truly make my day special every day from now till the end of the dawn. Hasbro rules !!!