Hasbro Sucks!

FLOATON

The big bad wolf returns... I actually have a bit of a life and it seems that I gave you guys something to talk about...

So screw those of you geeks who are crying about what I said.

Hey I am allowed to voice my opinion. As you know, in this industry or the comic industry, it is in fact very hard to please the fans... Fans get these idea's in their head about how they want or expect things to turn out and get disappointed when the creators simply cannot meet those impossible demands.

As it turns out I was just very disappointed... I am allowed to feel that way. And yes I know, for every X-Men fan there is a Spidey or Avengers or Hulk/Iron-man fan. I am a big marvel fan of over 20+ years. I have been criticized for liking crappy movies because I am just happy to see some of my favorite marvel characters on the big screen regardless if the movie really just sucks or not. So at the end of the day I do appreciate Hasbro for continuing to push production on my favorite marvel characters.

I think one of the original ideas behind giving the license over to Hasbro was in regards to making Marvel Legends more accessible to the public. I mean when hardcore collectors cannot find the figures we do have a problem.

Hasbro's prototypes have looked very scary at times... remember the prototypes from their first series shown in wizards toyfare... SCARY! But all was well and the figures continue to look better and better once they finally come out.

Hasbro has teased us a bit with a few items that have now been cancelled. Thats not cool... There was a particular wave of repaints that Hasbro that I really wanted and was going to initially be released once they received the license but got cancelled (Wolverine, Ultimate Cyclops (jim lee repaint) Mutant X iceman, and ultimate Captain America).

At the end of the day regardless of all these factors, Hasbro is going to have some growing pains by taking over the marvel line. I do believe they will get better and better as time goes on. I do appreciate them but I've had frustrations along the way.. The New York Toyfair was a consistant spot to get a good look at all the new figures for the year. Hasbro has obviously decided to hold stuff off until the Comic Conventions... Thats cool but it took me off guard.

So I am sorry I came across as whiney or what not... But I was upset and I really had a hard time understanding why you collectors were (what I felt was) oblivious to my point. If you guys still want to talk smack thats fine but atleast I gave you something to talk about and if your still upset, grow up. Stop living in your moms basement playing WOW.

Laserface

you know it's funny. he calls us geeks but not matter how he defines it he is a going man collection kids toys and on a web site with a bunch of people who do the exact same thing. we may be geek mate but so are you. and i wouldn't make enemies if i was you. cause we have been able to get people like you blocked. Everyone remember So No Tornado.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now i wouldnt go all crazy on the guy, he has the right to express his opinions as do all of us. You cant castrate the guy for posting up his thoughts and ideas with exceptions to offensive thinkings etc. I think his response was good. With the geeks comment, he felt he had to defend himself and thats kind of understandable. Dont start bringing the pitchforks and torches out on the guy for expressing his opinions. I would've tried to defend myself as well with some of the responses towards him, but i would've handled it alittle better than he did. Hes new, relax, show him the ropes without being a jerk about it.

now i wouldnt go all crazy on the guy, he has the right to express his opinions as do all of us. You cant castrate the guy for posting up his thoughts and ideas with exceptions to offensive thinkings etc. I think his response was good. With the geeks comment, he felt he had to defend himself and thats kind of understandable. Dont start bringing the pitchforks and torches out on the guy for expressing his opinions. I wouldve tried to defend myself as well with some of the responses, but i wouldve handled it alittle better. Hes new, relax, show him the ropes without being a jerk about it.

hey i understand he allows his opinions. hell when i came on first i was just like him. but his first line made it sound like he was better then us. Calling us geek when he is clearing one himself is just wrong. and yes he is new so he should show a small bit of respect for older people. i hope to come to respect his descision in the future, we'll have a laugh, enjoy our opinions.

I'll tell you guy now i have a big problem with people who try and force their way on others. Posh people mostly. :P but i'll give him a chance. but he at least should show respect to the rest of us.

Hey I am allowed to voice my opinion. As you know, in this industry or the comic industry, it is in fact very hard to please the fans... Fans get these idea's in their head about how they want or expect things to turn out and get disappointed when the creators simply cannot meet those impossible demands.

So you acknowledge it, but choose to ignore it so that you can continue to complain.

At the end of the day regardless of all these factors, Hasbro is going to have some growing pains by taking over the marvel line. I do believe they will get better and better as time goes on. I do appreciate them but I've had frustrations along the way.. The New York Toyfair was a consistant spot to get a good look at all the new figures for the year. Hasbro has obviously decided to hold stuff off until the Comic Conventions... Thats cool but it took me off guard.

Your post was less of an "Hey, this took me off guard", and more of a... how do I say this... "Hasbro Sucks!"

So I am sorry I came across as whiney or what not... But I was upset and I really had a hard time understanding why you collectors were (what I felt was) oblivious to my point.

You never made a point. You whined yet again about things you didn't seem to understand (and ignored when you started to), threatened to buy other product, tossed out random thoughts on the toys you want to see (which would have no effect on ML if they were made), then made some broad half-statement about Hasbro losing a bunch of fans... Where's the point here? I see a bunch of complaining.

If you guys still want to talk smack thats fine but atleast I gave you something to talk about and if your still upset, grow up. Stop living in your moms basement playing WOW.

And now we're back to square one... insulting the people you're claiming you want to make a point to. Good luck with that.

you suck! you are just making more negativity because YOU didnt get what YOU wanted, hasbro rocks!!, (and so does toybiz), tthey are ,aking amzing figures this year,

so SHUT UP!!!!!:D

whats the different toyfare comic con.why save. show whats ahead, whats the point in heaving toy fare if you are just to show a little bit?

The difference is if Hasbro shot their wad all at once and set everything down for the rest of the year, come NYCC and SDCC, everyone crying about not seeing "the rest" will be pissing and moaning about Hasbro not having anything new to show off for the rest of the year. Its nice to pace yourself once in a while, give it some time, you'll see what else is in store for '08/'09.

Yeah... and what, exactly, are you going to get by knowing NOW what's hitting the shelves in November? More time to complain about it? And god forbid that Hasbro should show off a figure now, then decide it isn't up to snuff and cancel it later, giving the complainers even more to get twisted about. "I don't like your figures, but how dare you deprive me of one!"

It's becoming increasingly apparent that some of the people around here are incapable of logical, sensible patterns of thought.

The big bad wolf returns... I actually have a bit of a life and it seems that I gave you guys something to talk about...

As it turns out I was just very disappointed... I am allowed to feel that way. And yes I know, for every X-Men fan there is a Spidey or Avengers or Hulk/Iron-man fan. I am a big marvel fan of over 20+ years. I have been criticized for liking crappy movies because I am just happy to see some of my favorite marvel characters on the big screen regardless if the movie really just sucks or not. So at the end of the day I do appreciate Hasbro for continuing to push production on my favorite marvel characters.

I think one of the original ideas behind giving the license over to Hasbro was in regards to making Marvel Legends more accessible to the public. I mean when hardcore collectors cannot find the figures we do have a problem.

Hasbro's prototypes have looked very scary at times... remember the prototypes from their first series shown in wizards toyfare... SCARY! But all was well and the figures continue to look better and better once they finally come out.

Hasbro has teased us a bit with a few items that have now been cancelled. Thats not cool... There was a particular wave of repaints that Hasbro that I really wanted and was going to initially be released once they received the license but got cancelled (Wolverine, Ultimate Cyclops (jim lee repaint) Mutant X iceman, and ultimate Captain America).

So I am sorry I came across as whiney or what not... But I was upset and I really had a hard time understanding why you collectors were (what I felt was) oblivious to my point. If you guys still want to talk smack thats fine but atleast I gave you something to talk about and if your still upset, grow up. Stop living in your moms basement playing WOW.

Laserface

you know it's funny. he calls us geeks but not matter how he defines it he is a going man collection kids toys and on a web site with a bunch of people who do the exact same thing. we may be geek mate but so are you. and i wouldn't make enemies if i was you. cause we have been able to get people like you blocked. Everyone remember So No Tornado.

this is what i meant by magic 8 ball rocks, he always says the rite thing, and rarly does anyone oppose him :D

and who who is SO NO TORNADO?

sometimes i just wanna suckerpunch somebody...

and sometimes i just want to laugh out about them...

i'll think i'll just laugh out about this one... 'cause it seems that he has no plain sense of the real world. sweet dreams!

you suck! you are just making more negativity because YOU didnt get what YOU wanted, hasbro rocks!!, (and so does toybiz), tthey are ,aking amzing figures this year,

so SHUT UP!!!!!:D

whats the different toyfare comic con.why save. show whats ahead, whats the point in heaving toy fare if you are just to show a little bit?

The difference is if Hasbro shot their wad all at once and set everything down for the rest of the year, come NYCC and SDCC, everyone crying about not seeing "the rest" will be pissing and moaning about Hasbro not having anything new to show off for the rest of the year. Its nice to pace yourself once in a while, give it some time, you'll see what else is in store for '08/'09.

Yeah... and what, exactly, are you going to get by knowing NOW what's hitting the shelves in November? More time to complain about it? And god forbid that Hasbro should show off a figure now, then decide it isn't up to snuff and cancel it later, giving the complainers even more to get twisted about. "I don't like your figures, but how dare you deprive me of one!"

It's becoming increasingly apparent that some of the people around here are incapable of logical, sensible patterns of thought.

Laserface

this is what i meant by magic 8 ball rocks, he always says the rite thing, and rarly does anyone oppose him :D

and who who is SO NO TORNADO?

let me put it thos way. Floaton was an angel compare to So No.

who's So No Tornado? what happened to him?

ya what happened to him?

who is he?

q1 one see above and number two............. I don't know he just vanished. I was fairly new back then and was afraid to voice my opinion incase he came along and he would say " Your stupid"......literally

that means So No was PRETTY BAD! glad i wasn't here yet when he was here...

and yeah, tarot, joe, and M8B are the guys here that i respect most... i very much look up to them, they're very composed and they know every bit of what they're saying... i love these guys...

wow, sorry..... you know when it seems like 8ball you(tarot) and the gut with a skating pic are the biggies. like u r the guys i respect as a new guy. :D

i cant imaginr you as "new":)

jesus you make me feel old (only 22 here going on 23) and i've only been here a year. the people you should respect more then me are JayC, Clam ( yes i know that a weird one but the guy i think he makes valid point, plus he is a moderator :P) and ryno. they litarney keep us in line.

but like what else did SO no tornado do???

and how did u block him?

I only came in at the end of the Tb years, so i don't know if he was here line and i knew people be complaining bout Hasbro having the line but boy did he take the cake. you couldn't say hasbro was improving without having your head bitten off. i even went as far as calling him something that i won't say about another person again. (got a warning from Clam). i don't know if they block him or he stop coming onto the site but after a while we notice he was gone.

that means So No was PRETTY BAD! glad i wasn't here yet when he was here...

and yeah, tarot, joe, and M8B are the guys here that i respect most... i very much look up to them, they're very composed and they know every bit of what they're saying... i love these guys...

o sorry, i forgot about pvbvillegas, i respect him alot too

GO HASBRO

I only came in at the end of the Tb years, so i don't know if he was here line and i knew people be complaining bout Hasbro having the line but boy did he take the cake. you couldn't say hasbro was improving without having your head bitten off. i even went as far as calling him something that i won't say about another person again. (got a warning from Clam). i don't know if they block him or he stop coming onto the site but after a while we notice he was gone.

ooooooo... maybe he has totally lost interest at MLs, so maybe he thought there's no more use for him hanging around here...

or maybe, he's still eating the cake.

o sorry, i forgot about pvbvillegas, i respect him alot too

i think we started out here just months apart... i'm basically new here and i'm also trying to learn the ropes... thanks dude... it's always nice to meet people with class... nice meeting you here. :)

That was EXACTLY what I was thinking...anyone who collects action figures enough that they want to discuss them on a message board permanently loses the right to call anyone else a geek. And as others have said, Magic 8 Ball's comments are also spot-on.

That floaton's really got a winning way to make an argument: begin with an F-You to everyone, end with an F-You to everyone, and expect us to care about what's in between.

who is this SO NO TORNADO guy i keep hearing about? im assuming he was blocked before i joined (august '07), but ah well.

a word to the not so wise, floaton: i did almost the same thing your doing when i 1st joined (except, you know, whine-less...). actually, it was the opposite, i was trying to reduce the number of hasbro hate threads. but thats not the point. the point is pick your battles. youve made what? 4 posts? and your already being wanted gone? id straighten up your act, and quit calling us dorks, because youre on a toy forum. yes, were all a bit dorky, but if you are one of us, you cant make fun of the rest of us for that reason. you cant act like the jock in high school that gives us swirleys, cuz youd be in the same group. wed make sure youd get the stall with the crap.

getalong.jpg

I love all you guys! @yipee@

...and much respect my fellow lurkers (anyone not named in all those other post) who only post when we feel like it. ;)

peace.gifout.gif

Thanks man I been here like 7 years and have less than 500 posts. I love the forum though it makes for great reads and keeps me updated!