Hasbro Sucks!

FLOATON

i think some peeps here are just very hard to please... i don't know, but plenty of them seems very close-minded... anything new comes out, good or bad, they consider it as #$@#, they bash hasbro, they whine, and they whine non-stop...

i don't know why people act like this... i think it's ok to complain about certain things... there are issues, lack of paint apps, less articulation, and the likes... but hey, if you stay at this forum for a while, you'll see that people here don't just complain about issues... they whine and whine and they make issues... all the smallest things get magnified and hasbro gets bashed to no end as if they've done nothing right since they started making action figures... people here curse them, pray for their damnation, and keep on downing them... for what? you want figs with no flaws? you want a perfect fig? go make the fig yourself.

we don't live in a perfect world. people need to accept that not everything can be perfect. and as hard as harbro tries to give us what we want and to make us happy, i think we should give them credit and stop acting like total idiots. hasbro made a great show this toyfare, and they showed us great figs. if you don't get satisfied with that, i think nothing will satisfy you.

peace.

HERE HERE!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think some peeps here are just very hard to please... i don't know, but plenty of them seems very close-minded... anything new comes out, good or bad, they consider it as #$@#, they bash hasbro, they whine, and they whine non-stop...

I'm not bashing Hasbro. I'm just saying why Waite for comic con? why cant they just show 2 upcoming set of M.L.

then they can show the rest at comic con. when toy biz had the line thay showed 2 to 3 sets ,toy fare and at the con.

I'm not bashing Hasbro. I'm just saying why Waite for comic con? why cant they just show 2 upcoming set of M.L.

then they can show the rest at comic con. when toy biz had the line thay showed 2 to 3 sets ,toy fare and at the con.

i wasn't refering to you... so, cheers! :P

i wasn't refering to you... so, cheers! :P

looks like you were pointing at me.

The new selections are definitely getting there, but at $15 a pop (trust me we're also getting there!), it is getting pricey so you would want more bang for your buck. Nothing wrong with being choosy and point out what could be improved upon. Hasbro really reads forums like these and gauges customer response and interests from our feedbacks.

uhhhhh yeah

dont worry about it too much dude. someday (not soon) we'll have every single character in the marvel universe, even if it takes a decade. just be happy with what they put out. theres a wolverine movie coming up, hey that means probably another gambit and deadpool figure. yay!

Peace to the "room-mates" ....

Between the revealations at SDCC, NYCC, TNI, Toyfare, the Fwoosh, and other sites, 2008 will be a good year, but very pricey!!!

To get FIn Fang Foom, I am going to have do a lot fo trading as I don't want 16 extra hulk figures, but the Wendiog and Absorbing Man do look VERY GOOD!!!

Now I could nit-pick on the facial sculpt of FFF, but I just wish the neck was ball-jointed instead of a cut-joint. Otherwise than that, the Ulti. Nick Fury, the new Elektra & Ronin figures are must haves.

I just hope we get to see more first time characters like Nighthawk, Radioactive Man, Penance, and Stingray in the future. I also hope that NYCC will reveal more villains as our heroes need more guys to beat up on.

Avengers Assemble baby!!!

If everyone remembers in years past, some items are shown at the US Toyfair, that is items that are ready to be shown. More items are shown at the subsequent comic cons and wizard world events. The toy companies have to keep building interest, keep us in suspense, and continually develop new products.

Patience is a virtue.

I am an X-Men fan and would love nothing more than to keep growing my collection, but having a year off to save up money for next year when there will a large assortment of Wolverine and X-Men items, I'm ok with that.

Be patient and you will be pleasantly surprised!!!

you suck! you are just making more negativity because YOU didnt get what YOU wanted, hasbro rocks!!, (and so does toybiz), tthey are ,aking amzing figures this year,

so SHUT UP!!!!!:D

whats the different toyfare comic con.why save. show whats ahead, whats the point in heaving toy fare if you are just to show a little bit?

The difference is if Hasbro shot their wad all at once and set everything down for the rest of the year, come NYCC and SDCC, everyone crying about not seeing "the rest" will be pissing and moaning about Hasbro not having anything new to show off for the rest of the year. Its nice to pace yourself once in a while, give it some time, you'll see what else is in store for '08/'09.

The new selections are definitely getting there, but at $15 a pop (trust me we're also getting there!), it is getting pricey so you would want more bang for your buck.

Has there actually been any confirmation of the price increase outside of that post about the Target SKUs a couple weeks ago? I'm still hoping Target's info was wrong and the price will stay at $10.

yes, I do get annoyed that very little is shown at Toyfare, but I can see why(and I don't Freak about it). If they showed us everything they were gonna put out all year, what would we do all the time. I hunt the internet (yes, i have no life) almost daily to see new figures. I'd be bored if i saw everything in one shot. Though it would have been nice to see some of the 4" marvel universe line.

aren't you getting Spiral, Holocuast, Beast, Kazar, Zabu and Shanna. what do avengers fans get? Tigra and she-hulk.

I don't necessarily know if I can count exclusives (Kazar, Zabu, Shanna) as getting something. You have to be at the right place at the right time to get them - unless this 2008's exclusives are as easy to get a hold of as Stan Lee and lawyer She-Hulk.. which may be true. And don't forget Ronin, Ultimate Cap, and Ultimate Fury. Those are all technically Avengers too.

It seems to me that once people hate a company, they will hate it regardless of the improvements to its products. now if we were to take these same figures and put a toybiz sticker on them....maybe they would like them.

I doubt that. I was here during the time of Toybiz and people hated on them as much as they do Hasbro. Its all becoming a point of nostalgia and "the way it used to be." People are always unhappy. Hasbro, Toybiz or whoever else. People will find a reason to raise torches and pitchforks. Just wait and see. There is a comic con in April and then the big one in SDCC. And SDCC usually shows the most. Just chill out and relax.

aren't you getting Spiral, Holocuast, Beast, Kazar, Zabu and Shanna. what do avengers fans get? Tigra and she-hulk.

I don't necessarily know if I can count exclusives (Kazar, Zabu, Shanna) as getting something. You have to be at the right place at the right time to get them - unless this 2008's exclusives are as easy to get a hold of as Stan Lee and lawyer She-Hulk.. which may be true. And don't forget Ronin, Ultimate Cap, and Ultimate Fury. Those are all technically Avengers too.

ohshit! i forgot to put ronin in. but yeah your right bout bout the Kazar box set. but more then likely they'll be sold on their own toy store when sdcc is finished. as for Ult Cap and Ult Fury their part of the Ultimates not the avengers ( same thing i know but it the principal that counts.)

uhhhhh yeah

dont worry about it too much dude. someday (not soon) we'll have every single character in the marvel universe, even if it takes a decade. just be happy with what they put out. theres a wolverine movie coming up, hey that means probably another gambit and deadpool figure. yay!

yeah, but they will be movie figures, but we have not seen a pic of what there movie costumes will look like, maybe comic revalent????

The new selections are definitely getting there, but at $15 a pop (trust me we're also getting there!), it is getting pricey so you would want more bang for your buck.

Has there actually been any confirmation of the price increase outside of that post about the Target SKUs a couple weeks ago? I'm still hoping Target's info was wrong and the price will stay at $10.

Doesn't this come from Hasbro? not sure

HULK LEGENDS BUILD-A-FIGURE ACTION FIGURES

(Approximate Retail Price: $14.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: Fall 2008)

followed by description...

I think it's a combination of marketing, and design:

Marketing: Always leave your customers coming back for more (like to SDCC fro example) it reatins intrest in the product line.

Design: If a figure is not quite ready for production don't show it, there's no point in premiering a half done figure, or else you get... Well a whole bunch of 'Hasbro sucks' threads on message boards.

I imagine the design teams work year round, not just a month or two. They probably have the whole year planned out but do not have the proto types yet. Any prototypes they do have that they have not shown, would be held to the next show, also for a back up because if the some intended prototypes to be shown at that particular show are not ready. Then they at least have something new to unviel.

I don't know that this is the thought process, but if it was me. That's how I'd do it.

I think that alot of people got spoiled with how toybiz did things and are expecting the same from hasbro. Toybiz used to show a crap ton of stuff at all these toyfares and cons. I was expecting to see alot more from hasbro at this toyfare but im not bellyaching about it and freaking out. However, I am like those people in that i was expecting to see alot more of a showing from hasbro. I was expecting to see a completely finished set of ICONs figures that should be coming out very soon as well as a nice showing of the holocaust wave. I understand that they need to hold things back for production and suspense reasons but they showed alot of things that arent coming out for a while and showed nothing of the lines that are and should be coming out in the coming months.(movie figures are exceptions since they come out in the coming months as well)

Some people will always bicker about trivial crap but i think its mainly because most people dont like change, they dont like when people change up what they already see as a good thing. And some just dont have anything better to do than to #$#@# whine and complain. Im not so much a hasbro lover but i appreciate what they are doing and hope that marvel toys boosts them to where they should be.

you suck! you are just making more negativity because YOU didnt get what YOU wanted, hasbro rocks!!, (and so does toybiz), tthey are ,aking amzing figures this year,

so SHUT UP!!!!!:D

whats the different toyfare comic con.why save. show whats ahead, whats the point in heaving toy fare if you are just to show a little bit?

The difference is if Hasbro shot their wad all at once and set everything down for the rest of the year, come NYCC and SDCC, everyone crying about not seeing "the rest" will be pissing and moaning about Hasbro not having anything new to show off for the rest of the year. Its nice to pace yourself once in a while, give it some time, you'll see what else is in store for '08/'09.

Yeah... and what, exactly, are you going to get by knowing NOW what's hitting the shelves in November? More time to complain about it? And god forbid that Hasbro should show off a figure now, then decide it isn't up to snuff and cancel it later, giving the complainers even more to get twisted about. "I don't like your figures, but how dare you deprive me of one!"

It's becoming increasingly apparent that some of the people around here are incapable of logical, sensible patterns of thought.

The big bad wolf returns... I actually have a bit of a life and it seems that I gave you guys something to talk about...

So screw those of you geeks who are crying about what I said.

Hey I am allowed to voice my opinion. As you know, in this industry or the comic industry, it is in fact very hard to please the fans... Fans get these idea's in their head about how they want or expect things to turn out and get disappointed when the creators simply cannot meet those impossible demands.

As it turns out I was just very disappointed... I am allowed to feel that way. And yes I know, for every X-Men fan there is a Spidey or Avengers or Hulk/Iron-man fan. I am a big marvel fan of over 20+ years. I have been criticized for liking crappy movies because I am just happy to see some of my favorite marvel characters on the big screen regardless if the movie really just sucks or not. So at the end of the day I do appreciate Hasbro for continuing to push production on my favorite marvel characters.

I think one of the original ideas behind giving the license over to Hasbro was in regards to making Marvel Legends more accessible to the public. I mean when hardcore collectors cannot find the figures we do have a problem.

Hasbro's prototypes have looked very scary at times... remember the prototypes from their first series shown in wizards toyfare... SCARY! But all was well and the figures continue to look better and better once they finally come out.

Hasbro has teased us a bit with a few items that have now been cancelled. Thats not cool... There was a particular wave of repaints that Hasbro that I really wanted and was going to initially be released once they received the license but got cancelled (Wolverine, Ultimate Cyclops (jim lee repaint) Mutant X iceman, and ultimate Captain America).

At the end of the day regardless of all these factors, Hasbro is going to have some growing pains by taking over the marvel line. I do believe they will get better and better as time goes on. I do appreciate them but I've had frustrations along the way.. The New York Toyfair was a consistant spot to get a good look at all the new figures for the year. Hasbro has obviously decided to hold stuff off until the Comic Conventions... Thats cool but it took me off guard.

So I am sorry I came across as whiney or what not... But I was upset and I really had a hard time understanding why you collectors were (what I felt was) oblivious to my point. If you guys still want to talk smack thats fine but atleast I gave you something to talk about and if your still upset, grow up. Stop living in your moms basement playing WOW.

Laserface