Hasbro Sucks!

FLOATON

Hasbro screwed the pooch big time this year at the NY Toyfair!

I mean I was already pissed over the lack of x-men figures but damn...

No Marvel Legends were shown except, what? one series of Hulk figures and 2 of the 2 packs.

Oh yeah and Iron-man... yay... Hulk movie figures looked awful!

Quick question, what happened to the Hulk line that included Valkyrie??? That line looked great!

Now don't get me wrong... Hopefully Hasbro has a great year and I think the figures (over all) will turn out nice.

I do like the Ronin, ultimate Cap, and ultimate fury! But come on!!! Seriously!!! Marvel Legends needs to be the bread and butter for Hasbro.

Just gets me worked up when they show the Icon's from San Deigo last year with Phoenix, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Daredevil... Those were cool! What happened to those???? What happened to all the prototype X-Men figures from the Toyfare contest???

Now don't get me wrong when I say this... I will always be a Greater Marvel fan... But Mattel's new DC (marvel legends looking) line that the 4 horsemen sculpted are sick! I am buying them up! Can't wait for Nightwing, Robin, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Firestorm! Mattel is getting my money this year!

I seriously wish Hasbro would produce a 6 inch (marvel legends style) Star Wars figures line! I guess when you sell your marvel toy line to a corporate conglomerate like Hasbro... The over-all line is simply going to suffer because stuffy old men end up making all the bad decisions.

I seriously hope you prove me wrong in 2008 Hasbro... But in the mean time I think you suck! And no matter what response this message gets... Its not going to change my mind. Just realize you have hurt some of your most devoted fans.

Laserface~

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay first of all Hasbro focus in the toyfair was for Movie not the ML lines that is saved for the Fan in the COMIC CONS.

second of all the second hulk wave was NEVER confirmed so does one we saw in TF were excpeted.

third Is there a x-men movie coming out this year? No. and what do you mean no x-men? aren't you getting Spiral, Holocuast, Beast, Kazar, Zabu and Shanna. what do avengers fans get? Tigra and she-hulk.

in other words stop your whining cuase you didn't get what you want and look to the Comic Cons to see what will be coming.

Yeah I agree with Tarot. I think what people are forgetting here is that just 'cause it's not shown at Toy Fair doesn't mean it's not comin'. There have always been delayed announcements for the comic cons, so I'm sure they'll be more to come.

I have to be honest tho, the more I see the DCUC stuff, the more I appreciate MLs. Ok, bear with me now. I thought the 4HM sculpts were great at towards the end of the Batman/Supes line. But as more figures are shown in DCUC, the more I feel like we're getting carbon copies of figures. They're non standard stuff is excellent - like Solomon Grundy and Grodd. The regular characters are too muscley. Hal Jordan looks too buff. Nightwing definitely looks WAY too buff. Robin looks so short and is also way too built for his stature. The females have stubby arms (although I think the Wonder Woman mold might fix this).

Anyway, I just like MLs for the variety and better posability. I guess part of it is also I feel that Marvel has much more interesting character designs, so that's inherent in the product. Last thought - people complain about Hasbro's lack of washes... well there is no wash at all in DCUC.

toybiz made it that toyfare was so fantastic. they showed everything they will do for the year that was coming. hasbro doesnt do that. they ceep the marvel comic stuff for the cons. thats the way it is now. i now know that i wont be exited for toyfare anytime soon. mattel doesnt showed much either but they showed two amazing figures and some how, even if it just where two figures i cant be dissapointed because they are wow. mattel always showed 2 or 3 figs at toyfare, thats why no one is dissapointed. we expected so much from toybiz and we got what we wanted. now we still expect much and we dont get much. thats why the most are dissapointed.

okay first of all Hasbro focus in the toyfair was for Movie not the ML lines that is saved for the Fan in the COMIC CONS.

second of all the second hulk wave was NEVER confirmed so does one we saw in TF were excpeted.

third Is there a x-men movie coming out this year? No. and what do you mean no x-men? aren't you getting Spiral, Holocuast, Beast, Kazar, Zabu and Shanna. what do avengers fans get? Tigra and she-hulk.

in other words stop your whining cuase you didn't get what you want and look to the Comic Cons to see what will be coming.

Well said

Yeah I agree with Tarot. I think what people are forgetting here is that just 'cause it's not shown at Toy Fair doesn't mean it's not comin'. There have always been delayed announcements for the comic cons, so I'm sure they'll be more to come.

I have to be honest tho, the more I see the DCUC stuff, the more I appreciate MLs. Ok, bear with me now. I thought the 4HM sculpts were great at towards the end of the Batman/Supes line. But as more figures are shown in DCUC, the more I feel like we're getting carbon copies of figures. They're non standard stuff is excellent - like Solomon Grundy and Grodd. The regular characters are too muscley. Hal Jordan looks too buff. Nightwing definitely looks WAY too buff. Robin looks so short and is also way too built for his stature. The females have stubby arms (although I think the Wonder Woman mold might fix this).

Anyway, I just like MLs for the variety and better posability. I guess part of it is also I feel that Marvel has much more interesting character designs, so that's inherent in the product. Last thought - people complain about Hasbro's lack of washes... well there is no wash at all in DCUC.

I don't really get the big Hub-bub about the DCUC figures either, some sculpts like The Penguin are pretty darn good mind you, but Classic Batman? There's been way better Batman figures in the past IMHO

toybiz made it that toyfare was so fantastic. they showed everything they will do for the year that was coming. hasbro doesnt do that. they ceep the marvel comic stuff for the cons. thats the way it is now. i now know that i wont be exited for toyfare anytime soon. mattel doesnt showed much either but they showed two amazing figures and some how, even if it just where two figures i cant be dissapointed because they are wow. mattel always showed 2 or 3 figs at toyfare, thats why no one is dissapointed. we expected so much from toybiz and we got what we wanted. now we still expect much and we dont get much. thats why the most are dissapointed.

I think the mentality of the collector community is perpetually disapointed, no matter what.

Calm down FLOATON. Lets keep some perspective. These are toys. And they didn't show their year's lineup.

We know for sure we're getting Hulk figures, IM figures, HML 4, we pretty much know the lineup for HML5, and we know what the SDCC exclusives are. Plus there's 8 two packs for 16 more figures. Then there's a new Spidey line too which will be comic based later in the year. That's a lot of figures, and we'll probably get at least one more HML wave too before the year is out. I'm willing to bet you'll get more X-Men. Just realize that for every X-Man there's an Avengers fan, a Spidey fan, etc. We need to also start getting some Inhumans and Alpha Flight and other teams like Jim Lee X-Men before we start getting some more obscure X-men.

In short, be patient and let the Hulk and IM fans have their day. Hasbro has said they want to help team build. They will come.

how many hulks, spider mans and wolverines will it take to satisfy some of you people? we had plenty of lame x-men in 2007- cannonball? cable? danger? x3 anything? give me a break! yawn...some hasbro are good choices and good figs like Quicksilver, bucky, Hydra, but to all these DCUC haters- most marvel bodies are totally generic sculpts as well.DCUC has plenty of individual sculpts- Steel, Luthor, Etrigan, Mongul, Metamorpho, Penguin, Clayface, Manbat, Grundy,Parasite,etc. and there is no limit to what the future holds!!! Also many figs have washes-Orion ,Etrigan,etc. I'm still buying legends that appeal to me, but to be so die-hard about a certain company ( hasbro OR marvel) is just silly. My money is for the 4 horsemen,DCUC ....and FIN FANG Foom

I think the mentality of the collector community is perpetually disapointed, no matter what.

I agree whole heartedly. It always amazes me to see new desired figures, that are great sculpts get ripped to shreds by collectors. Take the stuff that hasblw showed at the fair. the ulty cap looked awesome...yet there were those who said "meh" to it. the unleashed iron man looks pretty darn good...yet alot of folks are quite displeased with it.

It seems to me that once people hate a company, they will hate it regardless of the improvements to its products. now if we were to take these same figures and put a toybiz sticker on them....maybe they would like them.

now to the DCU figs. these are boring. you all complain about lack of paint apps by hasblo...well what about the DCU stuff...they are bland as plain white bread. some figs look good like etrigan....but most are cookie-cutter. at least with hasblo we get individual sculps the majority of the time. besides...any self respecting marvel fan would not be caught dead collecting DC crap.

MAKE MINE MARVEL!!

I'm an X-fan myself but sheesh, don't see me complaining about the lack of x-figures(course being an Iron Man fan second may have something to do with that hehe), yeah i want a new Tiger Stripe Wolverine and maybe a Jubilee but i'm sure they will come sooner or later(who knows what the last 6 two packs have in store, prolly find out at NYCC maybe) but to keep whining over the lack of em? i mean Avengers fans, Hulk fans and IM fans need stuff to, and then theirs those other sub groups like Alpha Flight and such.

With the Wolverine movie coming out next year, and the Wolverine and The X-Men toon coming out sometime i'm sure their will be more x-stuff around then, just be patient, this is the year of Iron Man and Hulk.

As for DCUC, yeah, i don't see why so many are going ga ga over em myself, not any better then Hasbro's stuff thats for sure, hell, Hasbro's Doom kicks the ass of any DCSH/DCUC figure all by himself(and so will that WW2 Ults Cap *drooooooooooool*)

Another Hasbro sucks thread, how shocking.

My main beef with them is finding out that the Hulk waves are knocked down to 4 per wave at 50% more, but whatcha gonna do right?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get what the big deal is. It just sounds like people are being impatient, and are blasting Hasbro because they want to see the entire 2008 line now, now, now.

Look, I'd like nothing more than to see all the '08 product right now, too. But just because a company reveals things a little more deliberately doesn't mean they "suck." If that's all it takes to make a company suck, then you're sure one hard-to-please customer.

It seems to me that once people hate a company, they will hate it regardless of the improvements to its products. now if we were to take these same figures and put a toybiz sticker on them....maybe they would like them.

lol! You're probably right..

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get what the big deal is. It just sounds like people are being impatient, and are blasting Hasbro because they want to see the entire 2008 line now, now, now.

I want to know what's coming out in the next year, but I accept that I won't know for at least the end of the summer.

As far as DCUC goes, I've got nothing against it. I read post after post on this board about how awesome they were going to be and after I saw the pictures I was like: "Oh, that's it?" The hype from the boards is what wrought my disapointment.

i think people should realize that pictures are going to get leaked out,when did the hulk pics get leaked out last year

and look how long it took them to confirm it

true but the ones we saw in tf were figure we never saw before.

i think people should realize that pictures are going to get leaked out,when did the hulk pics get leaked out last year

and look how long it took them to confirm it

I for one am happy that they left some mystery to it. the 2-packs were a perfect display, they gave us just enough to get excited about what might be next to come.

now where the hell are my HML4 AND DD AND COLOSSUS ICONS DAMMIT!!

Btw, I'm not hating on DCUC. I like them and I'm glad we're getting such a good 6" DC line. I just don't fall into the camp that thinks DCUC is the best thing EVAR and blows ML out of the water. In the end I still prefer MLs.

And yes, there are reused sculpts in ML, but it's never as blatant and it's mixed around well. I also like the more gritty look of ML (although I'll be honest that we're not getting as much from Hasbro) and I feel that little details like the folds of cloth are more apparent in ML. I really wish Mattel would retire the Clark Kent mold. ANYWAY, these are my opinions as to why I prefer MLs, even though DCUC is a really good product. Your mileage may vary.

And yes, I realize that Hasbro (and even ToyBiz) has made some crappy figures. I think the Invisible Woman from the FF Series was really weak.

I'm disappointed... disappointed in how much money I'm gonna spend this year! :(

Look, I'd like nothing more than to see all the '08 product right now, too. But just because a company reveals things a little more deliberately doesn't mean they "suck." If that's all it takes to make a company suck, then you're sure one hard-to-please customer.

i never said they suck. no wait a moment i forgot about wolverine and the entire spiderman 3 5" figs and hulk movie wave @loll@ . i just wanted to explain how i see ,it happend those last years. i actualy enjoy some of the hasbro stuff. i even have the most of them. i was even one of the first to say that the new sets are fantastic when they showed them. i dont want ult cap and fury because i dont have space for the ultimate universe. ronin and electra, wave 4 and the hulk wave are looking fantastic. hasbro is with no doubt gettin better and better. now that they even bring back the double joints, i am more exited to get them. i love to pose my figs in a lot of different positions.

you suck! you are just making more negativity because YOU didnt get what YOU wanted, hasbro rocks!!, (and so does toybiz), tthey are ,aking amzing figures this year,

so SHUT UP!!!!!:D

whats the different toyfare comic con.why save. show whats ahead, whats the point in heaving toy fare if you are just to show a little bit?

If Hasbro decides to put back the 'action' in the action figures (popularly known as posing articulation), then I am wholeheartedly back in support of this line. The recent photos in the TF 08 (Wendigo really looks good) is definitely showing they are taking a step in the right direction. Revert back to the old joints. However, they have to keep their scaling consistent. No more of this shrunken heads (FFML, at least most of them) syndrome, or 'gigantism' (i. e. Hercules, Lord Thor). How can FO Cap be more ripped than Namor? or Johnny Storm, Norin Radd or Ben Grimm's noggin' be pea-headed when placed next to other ML figures. . . Something is amiss here. She Hulk looks like a half foot shorter than the Series 2 one. Do they use calipers to verify relative sizes? Iron Man (movie) looks like he needs a little more beef (musculature) down below the waist and has a pre-pubescent teens' hands, otherwise he looks like the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz. It is the Mk 1 armor and Iron Monger that looks like the standout of this wave. But nonetheless, for such larger figures with impressive sculpting they have non-articulated fingers and cannot make a fist. Aaarh !

If Hasbro decides to put back the 'action' in the action figures (popularly known as posing articulation), then I am wholeheartedly back in support of this line. The recent photos in the TF 08 (Wendigo really looks good) is definitely showing they are taking a step in the right direction. Revert back to the old joints. However, they have to keep their scaling consistent. No more of this shrunken heads (FFML, at least most of them) syndrome, or 'gigantism' (i. e. Hercules, Lord Thor). How can FO Cap be more ripped than Namor? or Johnny Storm, Norin Radd or Ben Grimm's noggin' be pea-headed when placed next to other ML figures. . . Something is amiss here. She Hulk looks like a half foot shorter than the Series 2 one. Do they use calipers to verify relative sizes? Iron Man (movie) looks like he needs a little more beef (musculature) down below the waist and has a pre-pubescent teens' hands, otherwise he looks like the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz. It is the Mk 1 armor and Iron Monger that looks like the standout of this wave. But nonetheless, for such larger figures with impressive sculpting they have non-articulated fingers and cannot make a fist. Aaarh !

let just try and get them to do the Double Elbow and Knee ( altought i don't mind the knee, it make them stand better) then we can worry bout the fingers. then the biceps, then the toe ( is there anything else?)

but it like what was said a while ago. Hasbro are improving. their Character selection i think is the best that they have, but in the acticulation and paint is were they really need to improve. the sculpt is good and just a slit bit more and they got it. the twin packs in the tf were an example of what they can do.

i think some peeps here are just very hard to please... i don't know, but plenty of them seems very close-minded... anything new comes out, good or bad, they consider it as #$@#, they bash hasbro, they whine, and they whine non-stop...

i don't know why people act like this... i think it's ok to complain about certain things... there are issues, lack of paint apps, less articulation, and the likes... but hey, if you stay at this forum for a while, you'll see that people here don't just complain about issues... they whine and whine and they make issues... all the smallest things get magnified and hasbro gets bashed to no end as if they've done nothing right since they started making action figures... people here curse them, pray for their damnation, and keep on downing them... for what? you want figs with no flaws? you want a perfect fig? go make the fig yourself.

we don't live in a perfect world. people need to accept that not everything can be perfect. and as hard as harbro tries to give us what we want and to make us happy, i think we should give them credit and stop acting like total idiots. hasbro made a great show this toyfare, and they showed us great figs. if you don't get satisfied with that, i think nothing will satisfy you.

peace.