Other Female Characters

MarvelBoy1974

Is the Cobra La set going to include a Pythona Figure?

I would also love to see:

CoverGirl

Zarana

Jinx

Firewall

Maybe a new Bomestrike

Ninja Scarlett or Undercover Scarlett in Quarrel colors

Maybe by some miracle:

Dr. Knox

Mistress Armada

Zanya

I would also love to see:

CoverGirl

Zarana

Jinx

Firewall

Maybe a new Bomestrike

Maybe by some miracle:

Dr. Knox

Mistress Armada

Zanya

You'll see the first 3 on your wishlist for sure (I'm pretty sure Jinx is confirmed). As for the rest, maybe depends how far this line goes before it gets cancelled.

CoverGirl

Zarana

Jinx

Firewall

Maybe a new Bomestrike

Dr. Knox

Mistress Armada

Zanya

Like dPrime said, The GIJoe Movie Entertainment Pack was cancelled, and Hasbro is backing off from the cult-favorites in favor of the widely popular characters that better represent the GIJoe brand. That seems to be Corporate Spin for "What were we thinking? Cobra La? Oh My God did that suck! And we were gonna make figures of that? No F***ink way, man. No f***ink way!"

And as much as I'm pulling for them, Firewall and Zanya probably won't get a fair shake, especially with Devil's Due falling by the wayside. I'd say Zarana and Jinx are the only ones on this list we have even a remote chance of getting. Cover Girl's been confirmed as a NO GO by Hasbro back at Joe Con. Unless the GIJoe vs Cobra concept that replaces the 25th Anniversary this summer lifts the tight restriction on years, we're not going to see many more females.

You'll see the first 3 on your wishlist for sure (I'm pretty sure Jinx is confirmed). As for the rest, maybe depends how far this line goes before it gets cancelled.

Jinx is not confirmed. But she is the most likely candidate.

What's the story behind Cover Girl? She's a popular character that is going to be featured in the movie. We had one version of her in the mid-80s and another one in that comic 3-pack... is there a specific reason they won't be making her?

What's the story behind Cover Girl? She's a popular character that is going to be featured in the movie. We had one version of her in the mid-80s and another one in that comic 3-pack... is there a specific reason they won't be making her?

I never heard any exact details, but when we sent questions into Hasbro one of them stated that they had no plans for a Cover Girl figure at this point, whether or not that has changed i don't know, they should do one though seeing as she is popular and shes one of only 4 original females on the team, all the female characters should get figures from that fact alone, so few of them

Cover Girl's been confirmed as a NO GO by Hasbro back at Joe Con. Unless the GIJoe vs Cobra concept that replaces the 25th Anniversary this summer lifts the tight restriction on years, we're not going to see many more females.

They've confirmed Tiger Force and Python Patrol as "no goes" back at the Con too, and we're gonna see them.

Basically, other figures have priority right now. We may not see these characters this year, but Jinx, Cover Girl and Zarana fit the trend we've seen so far. I'm almost positive we'll see them eventually.

In the last Q&A hasbro confirm no Jinx or Covergirl for 2008. Read the link below

http://www.banned/news/messages/9888.shtml

http://www.toymania dot com/news/messages/9888.shtml

Odd, I could have sworn I saw a 'there will be a Jinx' in the Hasbro Q&A's. Oh well...

Didn't mean to mislead anyone. Sorry.

Hasbro may have run into copyright issues with the name "Cover Girl" because of it being the name of the famous cosmetics brand. Some companies are funny about things like this nowadays. A similar situation supposedly arose over Volkswagon not allowing the newer version of its Beetle being used to represent Bumblebee in the Transformers Alternators line.

Hasbro may have run into copyright issues with the name "Cover Girl" because of it being the name of the famous cosmetics brand. Some companies are funny about things like this nowadays. A similar situation supposedly arose over Volkswagon not allowing the newer version of its Beetle being used to represent Bumblebee in the Transformers Alternators line.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything. They'd just call her Agent Courtney Krieger like in the DTC line.

thats why she was named Agent Courtney Krieger for the DTC comic pack couple yrs ago.

Just because she was cast doesn't mean that she will be anything in the movie.....there were tons of characters that were cast in the "X-men" films too and most of them were only on screen for a minute if that.

Plus, I never really got the attraction to Cover Girl?? I mean she's cool and all but I think she's the most boring out of all the Joe female characters IMO. Her first figure is awful......even for old school standards.

The Wolverine is what makes her cool IMO......if she came with that I'd be all over it.....but I just don't see them putting her on a single card.......

I am hoping we get Jinx though.....

Of course, I'd like to see ALL the figures.

But I think 25th has good potential for female Cobra figures. Baroness is a good example, I didn't even know it was Baroness until I read further. She'd be a perfect army builder.

I'd like to see female Vipers, Blue shirts, Tele-Vipers and Medi-Vipers.

I don't think they're doing Cobra-la anymore, at least not yet. I'm almost positive we'll see a Jinx, Cover Girl and Zarana eventually, at least. I'd love a Quarrel as well.

They are going to do Nemesis Enforcer and that's it? Doesn''t make a whole lotta sense.

But I think 25th has good potential for female Cobra figures. Baroness is a good example, I didn't even know it was Baroness until I read further. She'd be a perfect army builder.

I don't think they're doing Cobra-la anymore, at least not yet. I'm almost positive we'll see a Jinx, Cover Girl and Zarana eventually, at least. I'd love a Quarrel as well.

They are going to do Nemesis Enforcer and that's it? Doesn''t make a whole lotta sense.

Didn't I read somewhere that they decided not to do a movie set, and that the Falcon/NE set was cancelled for now?

Not saying it won't ever happen, but I thought I had read that was the case for now...

Didn't I read somewhere that they decided not to do a movie set, and that the Falcon/NE set was cancelled for now?

Not saying it won't ever happen, but I thought I had read that was the case for now...

I never heard that.

They ran into some sort of copyright issues for the DVD set. That means we won't see it until they figure something out. Not that they thought Cobra-La was horrible. @smilepunch@

I doubt they will do any of the new characters like Bombstrike etc. They said that much in many of the Q&A's. NO NEW DDP characters!

Most likely we could see new female figures next year. I think they pretty much have this year all planned out.

I just don't get the whole facination of female character figures at this point. There are so many others I would like to see before the we start getting into the likes of Cover Girl, etc. Sure, we need the staples: Baroness, Scarlett, Lady Jaye (with or without the damn hat - that never mattered to me anyway too), but beyond that, I simply don't care. I will buy them if they are offered, but I want to see other characters first before I need another freaking Cover Girl....and yes, I am still sore from the Hasbro DDP "Fans Choice" set. That vote was rigged!! @lol@

I just don't get the whole facination of female character figures at this point. There are so many others I would like to see before the we start getting into the likes of Cover Girl, etc. Sure, we need the staples: Baroness, Scarlett, Lady Jaye (with or without the damn hat - that never mattered to me anyway too), but beyond that, I simply don't care. I will buy them if they are offered, but I want to see other characters first before I need another freaking Cover Girl....and yes, I am still sore from the Hasbro DDP "Fans Choice" set. That vote was rigged!! @lol@

Actually Cover Girl is one of the "staples". It is amazing on how many episodes of the cartoon she is in. I think even more than LJ & Scarlett.

Actually Cover Girl is one of the "staples". It is amazing on how many episodes of the cartoon she is in. I think even more than LJ & Scarlett.

You're mistaken my friend.......Cover Girl was hardly ever in the cartoons......Lady Jaye is second to episode appearances to Cobra Commander. The top 5 characters appearance wise are 1.Cobra Commander 2. Lady Jaye 3. Flint. 4. Duke 5. Shipwreck. Thats total appearances on the cartoon in any form. If you go back and watch season 1 its pretty much the Lady Jaye and Flint show. (I'm being a little sarcastic but I think you know what I mean)

I know thats not basis for anything but I've only really seen demand for Cover Girl on the forums.....like I said earlier I don't get it. I mean I don't dislike her or anything I just don't see why she's so "wanted" as a figure. I still think the Wolverine makes or breaks her.

I know there is no chance & it's unlikely anyone else would be interested....but I've wanted a Mayday ever since her original figure was cancelled.

I know, I know...no chance, but I thought I'd give her a mention. ;)

I named one of my cockateils after her!

Quick question...In the regular lines, did they say they were going to get that Munitia figure out somehow? or is she already out?