25th Anniversary Steel Brigade figure: Yay or Nay?

Billy T.

Steel Brigade: Yay or Nay? How?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Steel Brigade be made available in the 4" 25th line? How?

• Yay! Sign me up.
    • Nay! Don't waste my time.
    • Who's this "Steel Brigade" of which you speak...?
  2. 2. How should the Steel Brigade figure be released?

• Mail-Away exclusive
    • HTS exclusive
    • Store exclusive
    • Mass retail

I started this poll to gauge interest for the inclusion of the Steel Brigade in the 25th anniversary line of Joes. I wanted to first, gauge collector interest in the character and second, get a feel for how folks think the figure should be released. So, since everyone on the internet has at least 7 opinions, make two of yours heard here and now! :D

I'd like to see an SB figure as a mail away again.

Yeah, of course, why not? Do a gold-head version too, while you're at it.

With the amount of repaints they're doing with this line, they might as well do ones like this, that are appropriate. Same with Starduster, heck even that teal Ninja Viper they did.

I never saw the draw of Steel Brigade. The helmet was just weird to me, along with the color scheme of the rest of the costume. I voted 'no' but my vote got deleted when you updated the poll.

I can see how it would be cool to customize a filecard and story for your own soldier, but I never liked how it was just some helmeted trooper.

If they did decide to do a 25th anniversary version, and featured it with a removable helmet, I would like to see an set of options on what kind of head/face you can include with it..

-White/AfricanAmerican/Asian/Latino

-Bearded/Unbearded

If that was the case, I'd vote yes.

I never saw the draw of Steel Brigade. The helmet was just weird to me, along with the color scheme of the rest of the costume. I voted 'no' but my vote got deleted when you updated the poll.

I can see how it would be cool to customize a filecard and story for your own soldier, but I never liked how it was just some helmeted trooper.

If they did decide to do a 25th anniversary version, and featured it with a removable helmet, I would like to see an set of options on what kind of head/face you can include with it..

-White/AfricanAmerican/Asian/Latino

-Bearded/Unbearded

If that was the case, I'd vote yes.

I'm just wondering how old were you when the SB was first around??? Cause I was a youngster and I remember sitting down with my grandfather filling out my "file card" It was cooler than the other side of the pillow man!!! Then waiting in the mail for it.....as painful as it was...it seemed to take forever...but everything does when you're little. When I finally got him in the mail I knew it was me inside that helmet.....the patch went on my backpack for school too.

I'm all for it and it should come with all the information too....just like the original.

I'm just wondering how old were you when the SB was first around??? Cause I was a youngster and I remember sitting down with my grandfather filling out my "file card" It was cooler than the other side of the pillow man!!! Then waiting in the mail for it.....as painful as it was...it seemed to take forever...but everything does when you're little. When I finally got him in the mail I knew it was me inside that helmet.....the patch went on my backpack for school too.

I'm all for it and it should come with all the information too....just like the original.

I was born in '84, so I was 3 or 4 when SB was offered. I never actually got to send away for SB, but I do remember it being available. Like I said - I can see the draw, but unless they made some modern updates like I listed, I might pass.

Yes, absolutely, right now even! This was an awesome mail-away back in the day and I would love to see him return with the already mentioned Starduster, Cobra Ninja (teal), and any other ARAH mail-away. A lot of the pieces needed are already around and just need a head (removable helmet would be great, but not completely necessary.

My biggest concern/problem with future (hopefully) mail-aways is that we don't have to buy SO much product to get them. 6 comic packs plus shipping is a bit over the top. Go battle to Flag/Battle points on packages or some such so when it comes out we already have it. Or even UPCs like the Clone Wars Rex mail-away. 4 UPCs from basic figures are needed, but most any collector already has those lying around.

I voted yes, but with stipulations...

I agree with umanumanamo to a degree. The very nature of a "customize your own figure" concept negates it being a mass retail figure...and in today's information-age, the most logical way to go with this is not a mail-away, but an internet exclusive. That forum would allow for an easy way to customize which head/hair color/beard/no beard you want on it, as well as a way to enter the information you want to appear on a filecard. And it can all be instantly sent to Hasbro for processing.

I voted yes, but with stipulations...

I agree with umanumanamo to a degree. The very nature of a "customize your own figure" concept negates it being a mass retail figure...and in today's information-age, the most logical way to go with this is not a mail-away, but an internet exclusive. That forum would allow for an easy way to customize which head/hair color/beard/no beard you want on it, as well as a way to enter the information you want to appear on a filecard. And it can all be instantly sent to Hasbro for processing.

Definitely the way to go! I remember the original from when I was a kid and how exciting it was to have my own figure as a joe! Whitewolf's idea is the perfect way to modernize the experience! I'd be all over it!!!!

I think we have limited "slots" for each wave, yes, even mail ins.

As a "regular" wave, I'd rather see MANY others. As a mail in, well I think we have to see how Doc does. But also, bear in mind that Hasbro has done a poor job on the last few mail ins. Its like they forgot how to do them since 1994.

Only if its Red Zone!

Hah!

I'd like to see them available the same way the Fridge and Sgt. Slaughter v1 were done. Collect (or 5?) tickets, send reg. form with S/H, boom! I think having to drop $60 on comic packs just to get Doc is a bit extreme.

Only if its Red Zone!

Hah!

I'd like to see them available the same way the Fridge and Sgt. Slaughter v1 were done. Collect (or 5?) tickets, send reg. form with S/H, boom! I think having to drop $60 on comic packs just to get Doc is a bit extreme.

Well, the original Cobra Commander cost 5 Flag Points and a $1.50 for shipping. By the late 80s, they were almost not even bothering with Flag Points.

I think most people like the idea of Flag Points or Battle Points or whatever since the idea is to give something "free". Your going to buy the comic packs ANYWAY (or whatever it is you need to scquire the mail in).

Only if its Red Zone!

Hah!

you know, im down with you on this one.to get Doc is a bit extreme, i like the old flag point.its why much better