Who will be the Villain in DCUC wave 4?

JollyMon

Now that we know that the A-list character in DCUC wave 4 is Wonder Woman, who do we think will be the member of her rogues gallery to go with her? Mattel has said that they planned to continue the pattern of an A-list hero with one of their foes (Batman/Penguin, Aquaman/Black Manta, Green Lantern/Sinestro), so who will her's be? Her most popular villain to be merchandised seems to be Cheetah, with a couple of figures, etc, already. So she would be my guess, but what does everyone else think?

Ares could be possible too. It would address the seeming reluctance of retail toy lines to have more than one female figure per wave. Looking through the list of her enemies on Wiki, the only other likely male candidates would seem to be Baron Blitzkrieg (not sure how a nazi would go over, especially since I think his costume had a swastika) and Doctor Psycho, who would seem to be kind of small to make a figure out of. What would be cool would be for the "click & connect" figure to be Giganta, in the Grundy size range (though larger would be better, but not likely these days).

Ares could be possible too. It would address the seeming reluctance of retail toy lines to have more than one female figure per wave. Looking through the list of her enemies on Wiki, the only other likely male candidates would seem to be Baron Blitzkrieg (not sure how a nazi would go over, especially since I think his costume had a swastika) and Doctor Psycho, who would seem to be kind of small to make a figure out of. What would be cool would be for the "click & connect" figure to be Giganta, in the Grundy size range (though larger would be better, but not likely these days).

Mattel tell me we will all find out in April at the New York Comic Con the rest of the line-up for wave 4.

Dr. Psycho might be a viable option - if they included a larger BAF piece with that figure that is. Beyond that Circe has been rather prominent in the comics lately.

Hmm wave 1 Batman/Penguin wave 2 Aquaman/Black Manta wave 3 Green Lantern/Sinestro.

wave 4 Wonder woman/ Cheetah. Sheesh, this ain't rocket science people!

Penguin....not Bats arch nemesis. Obviously we all agree it's the Joker.

Black Manta....from what I know he's Aquaman's big bad.

Sinestro is the Hal's number one, no doubt.

Maybe Mattel is following some kind of pattern. Maybe making an "every third wave it's not the hero's arch nemesis" sorta idea? I mean why give us Batman along with the Penguin? I know the Joker came just before in one of the last DCSH waves but Mattel could have left him off and had the 3H sculpt a new Joker for the first wave of DCU. It would be good for the movie coming in a few months; get the Joker out there to kids sooner. This tells me that Mattel may not be thinking of the hero's arch rival right away but merely ANY villain. Aquaman doesn't have too many recognizable villains so BM might have been their only choice. Sinestro is the evil GL and Hal is his polar opposite so that pairing is fairly obvious. WW? You could argue Circe b/c she's been prominently featured in the books lately. Visually she's also an interesting character with the many layers and colors so she might stand out the most in package. Cheetah might be interesting for many of the same reasons. Something tells me Ares will not be the villain here b/c it portrays an EXTREMELY violent image and might be too much like Lobo whereas Mattel might not have the capability to create such a violent character. I mean he is the god of war for Pete's sake. I'm throwing my vote behind Circe for the reasons stated above. Plus you have a built-in variant with the Circe as Wonder Woman character.

Penguin....not Bats arch nemesis. Obviously we all agree it's the Joker.

Black Manta....from what I know he's Aquaman's big bad.

Sinestro is the Hal's number one, no doubt.

Maybe Mattel is following some kind of pattern. Maybe making an "every third wave it's not the hero's arch nemesis" sorta idea? I mean why give us Batman along with the Penguin? I know the Joker came just before in one of the last DCSH waves but Mattel could have left him off and had the 3H sculpt a new Joker for the first wave of DCU. It would be good for the movie coming in a few months; get the Joker out there to kids sooner. This tells me that Mattel may not be thinking of the hero's arch rival right away but merely ANY villain. Aquaman doesn't have too many recognizable villains so BM might have been their only choice. Sinestro is the evil GL and Hal is his polar opposite so that pairing is fairly obvious. WW? You could argue Circe b/c she's been prominently featured in the books lately. Visually she's also an interesting character with the many layers and colors so she might stand out the most in package. Cheetah might be interesting for many of the same reasons. Something tells me Ares will not be the villain here b/c it portrays an EXTREMELY violent image and might be too much like Lobo whereas Mattel might not have the capability to create such a violent character. I mean he is the god of war for Pete's sake. I'm throwing my vote behind Circe for the reasons stated above. Plus you have a built-in variant with the Circe as Wonder Woman character.

I think it is probably simpler than that. You are probably right that the villain is not necessarily the hero's ultimate villain, just one of his villains. Penguin got chosen because a lot of the other choices had been done recently, and he hadn't.

personally think whit the best option is Ares, Cheetah is more accesible for the one the five characters of the wave, Giganta is the best second option, no see others potential options of the BAF in the universe of the Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman is the A-lister in this wave.

I personally feel that Shazam and even the Joker are also potential A-listers that could support a wave by themselves. They are highly recognizable and would be ideal to support a wave themselves.

As for the villain, I would have to say Cheetah, just because she is another well-known, recognizable character. I would love to see a Giganta C&C figure, but I doubt that'll happen with this wave.

If this wave were hitting the stores in the summer it would make sense for them to put a Joker in the wave just to capitalize on the new Batman movie, but maybe he'll be featured in a wave that comes out when the movie is released on DVD.

I agree withthe comment on Ares. While I woudl love to get a Cheetah I dont see Mattel ever releasing 2 female characters in one wave. Giganta would be a great BAF but I aso have my doupts on that.

I agree withthe comment on Ares. While I woudl love to get a Cheetah I dont see Mattel ever releasing 2 female characters in one wave. Giganta would be a great BAF but I aso have my doupts on that.

I also agree. I think Ares is the way to go, although I too would like a Cheetah.

So who makes up the wave?

Wonder Woman

Cyborg

Ares

who else?

Mattel tell me we will all find out in April at the New York Comic Con the rest of the line-up for wave 4.

Can't wait. :D

Here's my picks in order that I prefer they release them. IMO, WW doesn't have a great list of personal enemies that rate the action figure treatment outside of these 5 & Dr Psycho is pushing it!

Ares

Ares2.jpg

This version of Cheetah is the best IMO

Cheetah.jpg

Giganta-C&C figure

Giganta.jpg

Circe

Circe.jpg

Dr Pyscho

DoctorPsycho.jpg