DC Minimates to end!? Say it is not so!

MST3KFan

It's been brought up that apparently Wave 8 of the DC Minimates is going to be the last one we get from DC Direct. (Raven, Cyborg, Batwoman, Modern Question, Red Son Superman and Wonder Woman) With no new mates shown at the recent Toy Fair and some apparent mentioning it sounds to be true.

Say it isn't so DC! Aside from Mattel's DC Universe line, the minimates were one of my most favorite toy lines to collect. They just can't end things now with so many characters still yet done in this unique and awesome form...

Martian Manhunter (comic style, not animated like C3 version)

Black Canary

Orion

Beast Boy

Donna Troy

Ravager

Modern Robin

Two-Face

Poison Ivy

Mr. Freeze

Mirror Master

Trickster

Etc, etc, etc...

The point is, this is a nicely priced and cool way to get all the characters from the DC Universe for those of us whom maybe don't have lots of money to spend, but want lots of cool characters from their favorite comics. Or simply for those of us whom love this format among our other various purchases from DC.

The DC Minimates have amazing details and it's obviously a lot went into making these little guys. From Batman's utility belt, the treads on Flash's shoes... I would hate to see this toy line go away while the Marvel Minimates (whom were the ones actually rumored to be ending) continue on alone.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here whom appreciates this line from DC Direct and want to see it keep going. So voice up people! We have to figure out some way to get DC to notice that this line needs to continue. That we still want our Minimates!

DC Minimates forever!

damn, what a shame. since marvel legends are taking too long to distribute and legendary comicbook heroes got cancelled, i was just about to start collecting minimates. i guess the only dc ill be collecting is the dc classic universe line. thanks for the update

OMG... that would really suck.

There's been a recent "retraction" of the statement that was made at ToyFair. While nothing is "set in stone", the recent claim is that DCD 'mates are taking a "rest" after Series 8 (not officially "cancelled") to determine what they are going to do with the line. The rumor is that they will be leaning more towards character/story-arc boxsets in the future rather than waves. Also, despite numerous emails etc. from fans, they are saying that ultimately the decision on the fate of the mates rests on the shoulders of the "retailers" and not the fans or DCD which I think is a pretty sh!tty cop-out on their part. I guess at this point if we really want these to continue, then fans are going to have to pester LCSs to demand more 'mates. However, if there's nothing for them to pre-order, then what's the point?!? I'm so put-off by all this that I'm about ready to say "screw DCD altogether...all their products". Hell, Mattel's lines are looking better everyday and are a fraction of the price of DCD's!

I just sent DC Direct an email as well. Hopefully it does continue on with box sets. Aside from the Red Son Superman and Wonder Woman i haven't had an issue with character selection. Its a mix of Titans, JLA and JSA figures. The fact that Booster Gold and Blue Beetle came together was pretty cool too. I'll hold out hope they continue.

There's been a recent "retraction" of the statement that was made at ToyFair. While nothing is "set in stone", the recent claim is that DCD 'mates are taking a "rest" after Series 8 (not officially "cancelled") to determine what they are going to do with the line. The rumor is that they will be leaning more towards character/story-arc boxsets in the future rather than waves. Also, despite numerous emails etc. from fans, they are saying that ultimately the decision on the fate of the mates rests on the shoulders of the "retailers" and not the fans or DCD which I think is a pretty sh!tty cop-out on their part. I guess at this point if we really want these to continue, then fans are going to have to pester LCSs to demand more 'mates. However, if there's nothing for them to pre-order, then what's the point?!? I'm so put-off by all this that I'm about ready to say "screw DCD altogether...all their products". Hell, Mattel's lines are looking better everyday and are a fraction of the price of DCD's!

Word, Dude!!!!!

Totally!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest blokstyle
I'm sure I'm not the only one here whom appreciates this line from DC Direct and want to see it keep going. So voice up people! We have to figure out some way to get DC to notice that this line needs to continue. That we still want our Minimates!

DC Minimates forever!

DC Minimates forever! @loll@ LOL ..... I wish.... but, don't hold your BREATH!

There is no way they will continue this line...... @grumpy@

Because, the line is ran by Idiots... who just don't get it @firedevil@

DC Minimates forever!

DC Minimates forever! @loll@ LOL ..... I wish.... but, don't hold your BREATH!

There is no way they will continue this line...... @grumpy@

Because, the line is ran by Idiots... who just don't get it @firedevil@

What's wrong with the people that ran this line? I dont really see the problem with DC minimates besides that it's very expensive. THere's a great selection of characters and unlike DCD's other lines, there's not a Superman or Batman in every series.

Guest blokstyle

What's wrong with the people that ran this line? I dont really see the problem with DC minimates besides that it's very expensive.

I don't have a problem with the figures in the line...I was more or less talking about the fools in charge who canceled the line @grumpy@ ....

I agree with you totally... the figures are awesome... I could do without the battle damaged figures though...

I'm so sick of every time Dc makes any line of toys they have to give us 99 different Batman and Superman figures @wacko@ with 75 different color variations @firedevil@ .... Come on People @pow@ - Give me a Break #WTF#

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AS did I and also Salaak and Sinestro. I was hoping for a varient of him having his sinestro corps outift on. I hope they continue making this line. I still need to complete my Green Lantern corps. Where is Kyle?? and i don't have all my titans yet.

AS did I and also Salaak and Sinestro. I was hoping for a varient of him having his sinestro corps outift on. I hope they continue making this line. I still need to complete my Green Lantern corps. Where is Kyle?? and i don't have all my titans yet.

yeah, i would have liked that variant. I just put in an order with scifigenre to get the sets i still needed.

-wonder woman/ares

-aquaman/ocean master

-guy gardner/ kilowog

-salaak/sinestro

now i only need a few loose figures to get.

Yeah, wish more teams would have been completed. would have loved a beast boy/donna troy to round out the teen titans and a Black Canary and Huntress would have been great too.

Got the last wave... its going to be missed... :(

• 2 weeks later...

If DC Minimates waves end I will not care at all. I collect Marvel Minimates and only have 1 DC minimate I got for a buck at a comic sale. Their also really hard to find at retailers.