Now that LCBH is officially over, what does this mean for Hasbro's ML?

pastwatch2001

Linky here.

Quote:

"Jesse went on to tell us that even though sales were good, Marvel Toys decided to pull the plug so they could concentrate more on working with outside vendors like Hasbro. Jesse was very excited about what was coming down the pipeline and believes that collectors and fans will be very happy come the New York Comic-Con and San Diego Comic Con this year."

Now the question is, what do you hope this means for Hasbro's Marvel Legends figures? Do you think he will be able to help turn things around and influence final product quality?

Who's the man? Jesse Falcon!! Who's in charge ? Hasbro!! Maybe he can provide some input, but it will ll boil down to what the big H decides and that is their bottom line. Only when they really listen to him and his fresh ideas will the line flourish again like it once did.

yeah like Jesse Falcon really make the best descisions (Iron man Wolverine and Ultron any one?)

just to say but the figures are allready looking better then before.

I think after a very rocky start hasbro may be on the turn around with Marvel Legends. I can't help but feel for a few people this has come to late though. i have no doubt though that the cancelation of LCBH will help the situation from Hasbro's point of view at least.

Who's the man? Jesse Falcon!! Who's in charge ? Hasbro!! Maybe he can provide some input, but it will ll boil down to what the big H decides and that is their bottom line. Only when they really listen to him and his fresh ideas will the line flourish again like it once did.

yeah like Jesse Falcon really make the best descisions (Iron man Wolverine and Ultron any one?)

You’ll always have a few flops on your hands - but compared to Hasbro and their majority of pitiful attempts at overpriced and under articulated Marvel action figures, Jess Falcon could only improve things.

You'll always have a few flops on your hands - but compared to Hasbro and their majority of pitiful attempts at overpriced and under articulated Marvel action figures, Jess Falcon could only improve things.

yeah but i really don't think that he can change chnage more then they are but it's nice to see him there.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is Jesse Falcon actually going to be working for Hasbro? Or is his "you'll be excited about SDCC" line just kind of a magnanimous statement like you'd hear from a coach who's just been fired ("Although I won't be coaching, this team has a bright future...")?

Hasbro's been doing MLs too long now to hand over control of the designs, so does anyone actually know what Falcon's role, if any, will be?

You'll always have a few flops on your hands - but compared to Hasbro and their majority of pitiful attempts at overpriced and under articulated Marvel action figures, Jess Falcon could only improve things.

yeah but i really don't think that he can change chnage more then they are but it's nice to see him there.

FACT: Marvel Legends (Jesse Falcon era) - a proven track record and generates excitement from diehards fans/ collectors.

STATUS QUO: Marvel Legends (current issues) - mediocre response; ho-hum reaction to product offerings; generates lots and lots of talk about cost cutting and subdued sculpting, stripping of articulation, lack of paint apps, etc, etc, etc.

Isn’t that the truth too? I remember the heyday of Toybiz Marvel Legends - talk of the entire toy industry. The line completely revolutionized the modern day action figure. This board was ridiculously crowded. Your computer would run especially slow during Toy fair - everyone would be scrambling for a peak of what’s to come. The classic costume/character selection seemed to please all. Who doesn’t want their Marvel Legends to be…legends?

Now look at it. The excitement is a shell of what it used to be. The modern character/costume emphasis segregated much of the Marvel Legends consumers - and made me especially picky in my purchases. I remember a time when I was looking forward to literally an entire Marvel Legends wave. Now they’re lucky if I purchase a single character from an entire wave. This was arguably the most pitiful Legends display…ever. Utterly bland! Hasbro has taken a significant step backwards - not hesitating to put the price point upwards. It’s a true shame.

Isn't that the truth too? I remember the heyday of Toybiz Marvel Legends - talk of the entire toy industry. The line completely revolutionized the modern day action figure. This board was ridiculously crowded. Your computer would run especially slow during Toy fair - everyone would be scrambling for a peak and what's to come.

Now look at it. The excitement is a shell of what it used to be. This was arguably the most pitiful Legends display…ever. Utterly bland! Hasbro has taken a significant step backwards - not hesitating to put the price point upwards. It's a true shame.

god your so negative.

Isn't that the truth too? I remember the heyday of Toybiz Marvel Legends - talk of the entire toy industry. The line completely revolutionized the modern day action figure. This board was ridiculously crowded. Your computer would run especially slow during Toy fair - everyone would be scrambling for a peak and what's to come.

Now look at it. The excitement is a shell of what it used to be. This was arguably the most pitiful Legends display…ever. Utterly bland! Hasbro has taken a significant step backwards - not hesitating to put the price point upwards. It's a true shame.

god your so negative.

I'd argue I'm just a realist. I’ve been hear quite a long time now and there is simply no denying how much of a lack of enthusiasm there is compared to Jess Falcons era. I’m not negative, I’m stating the sad truth.

god your so negative.

Boy you are an optimist. Always smelling the roses and the clovers on a nice summer day, . . . and crappy figures look like a Godsend everytime new ones come along.

Isn't that the truth too? I remember the heyday of Toybiz Marvel Legends - talk of the entire toy industry. The line completely revolutionized the modern day action figure. This board was ridiculously crowded. Your computer would run especially slow during Toy fair - everyone would be scrambling for a peak of what's to come. The classic costume/character selection seemed to please all. Who doesn't want their Marvel Legends to be…legends?

Now look at it. The excitement is a shell of what it used to be. The modern character/costume emphasis segregated much of the Marvel Legends consumers - and made me especially picky in my purchases. I remember a time when I was looking forward to literally an entire Marvel Legends wave. Now they're lucky if I purchase a single character from an entire wave. This was arguably the most pitiful Legends display…ever. Utterly bland! Hasbro has taken a significant step backwards - not hesitating to put the price point upwards. It's a true shame.

i am right with you. i always had to wait a week because my computer was to slow. this year i didnt had any problem to see the picks. i was always so exited when toyfare came and toybiz showed there spidey and marvel lines. i bought so many figures i didnt even know who the hell they where. with hasbro i began to pick and look at a figure first. this remembers me of the horrible joints on the hydra soldier. i would have bought him for sure. a must for a marvel collector but in the end , i didnt took him. he could not keep his gun in both arms. you cant do much positions.

aw man, i was one peice away from building monkey man!!!! left arm!!!

Well lucky you I couldn't even find Darkness or Marv. @grumpy@ Well on a better note at least Hasbro has more ammo to make some good toys what I saw of LCBH any input Jesse gives will bring up the quality of what we have now and what is coming out, though the figures coming out look pretty amazing. With Jesse its can only get better as long as Hasbro stays open to some of the ideas.

the toyfair display was small, but I understand. this was about the movie lines. the ML series will be the center of attention at NYCC & SDCC. That is fine with me. for what I have seen...I am excited...very excited. The new figs look great, series 4 looks great, love the characters and the two packs are pretty nifty looking. Ronin and ulty cap are awesome.

I will not be so quick to dismiss hasblow....I mean hasbro...force of habbit. toybiz was not always the best either, they had thier crappy series too...god..just look at the mojo series...utter crap that was.

Speaking as someone who has been on the toy forums for longer than most. I can assure you all that these sites are indeed a shadow of what they were a few years ago. I remember the total meltdowns that all the big toys sites suffered at this time of year and you would not believe the amount of posting that used to go on in the top two or three forums. It genuinly was exciting to be an action figure nut a few years ago.

I am not saying that things are bad now but the market has now matured and settled down and fewer truly new things are happening. Marvel Legends was was in my opinion as big a deal as you can get for a non cartoon led product. I would go so far as to say that in years to come people will talk them the same way they did 12" GI Joe's back in the 60's and Mego Dolls in the 70's. Each were loved lasted for a long while then were replaced by something else. At the moment we are in the period where Legends and Legend type figures are coasting before they will like all things before them fall out of favour.

I hope to enjoy the ride well it lasts but I do recognise that the glory days are now behind us.

Mr. Doom and Gloom huh? Let's just say, if we can give Hasbro some constructive critique every now and then, and Mr. Jesse Falcon handles it from his end and delivers as expected. And Mattel shows up Hasbro with the 4 Horsemen sculpted products, I think this will prod Hasbro to get more competitive and get on with the program. They don't want to play second fiddle and see their sales pale in comparison. Our job as consumers is to get Hasbro some real feedback and steer them in the right direction so they can get their S#!% straight and not settle for mediocrity. And pack some other accessories besides BAF's. None of these experimentation with a gazillion different product lines and variety of scales!

I'm doing my part and the most noticeable thing when I am unsatisfied with a product - I don't buy them. Although Hasbro still gets plenty of my money from Star Wars, GI Joes, and the Spider-Man figures my 3 year old son wants. The Ronin/Elektra 2-pack is the first (and only thing) I can truly say excites me, but I'm not sure if that alone is enough to warrant me to buy it as I have slowly been cutting back my Legends collection in favor of other things.