2008 Toy Fair - Hasbro - G.I.Joe Update

The Wire

Thanks for the update Jay, and I could not be happier, I would think that down the road they will re-explore the idea of the DTC hiss.

Wait, and correct me if I'm dumb, but are they saying that the DTC HISS that was shown at Toy Fair is not whats going to be released? Instead they're releasing the old RAH HISS? On top of the Target HISS release?

Sounds like there isn't going to be a movie pack anymore. But rather a "Best of" which to me sounds like some random figures they are going to throw in. My guess would be some combination of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Duke and Cobra Commander.

Damn that sux! I was looking forward to that movie pack.

Sounds like there isn't going to be a movie pack anymore. But rather a "Best of" which to me sounds like some random figures they are going to throw in. My guess would be some combination of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Duke and Cobra Commander.

Damn that sux! I was looking forward to that movie pack.

I guess they have to get a few more figures with those molds.

I was also looking forward to a movie pack @grumpy@

According to some reports from Toy Fair, Hasbro realized Cobra La may not have the mass appeal they are looking for. I'd bet good money we never see that Nemesis Enforcer vs Falcon Comic Pack either.

I bet you are correct. BBTS has already pull thier listing of that comic pack. Hope we still get Falcon in some way.

According to some reports from Toy Fair, Hasbro realized Cobra La may not have the mass appeal they are looking for. I'd bet good money we never see that Nemesis Enforcer vs Falcon Comic Pack either.

I think that's a crock, honestly. The designs are cool for Pythona and Nemesis Enforcer. Seems like there's plenty of excitement over them possibly being made throughout the internet by collectors. (The people in hollywood don't seem to think the concept of GIJoe A Real American Hero has mass appeal, so what exactly does? S6 power suits for an Action Force team?)

I think it is strictly a cost cutting measure. The movie focuses too much on new characters to justify all rehash figures, so they change it to best of to force people to buy a bunch of repaints of Duke, Scarlett, Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, etc. to get the last piece of the MASS Device.

Hasbro is doing to quick and easy thing here. It's a slime ball move to suck money out of fans of the toon without giving them characters they really want to see, imo.

I doubt Sgt. Slaughter will be in the Arise pack either.

I hope we never do. Falcon will get a release, but I hope Nemesis Enforcer never makes an appearance in any Joe line ever again. every element of Cobra La was far worse than Big Lob, the most maligned aspect of the movie! I don't care if NE looked cool, he is part of Cobra La and Cobra La was the very worst concept ever created for RAH.

I think it is strictly a cost cutting measure. The movie focuses too much on new characters to justify all rehash figures, so they change it to best of to force people to buy a bunch of repaints of Duke, Scarlett, Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, etc. to get the last piece of the MASS Device.

Hasbro is doing to quick and easy thing here. It's a slime ball move to suck money out of fans of the toon without giving them characters they really want to see, imo.

the NE/Falcon pack had nothing to do with the MASS Device, so Hasbro isn't "forcing" you to buy (or the more honest dynamic of you actually choosing" to get a MASS Device part because it wasn't coming with one anyway. it was part of the comic pack assortment.

there's nothing slime ball about the move because you don't know what is in the pipeline in it's place. but, then, what would a Joe board be if someone wasn't whining about something they didn't know about.

I hope we never do. Falcon will get a release, but I hope Nemesis Enforcer never makes an appearance in any Joe line ever again. every element of Cobra La was far worse than Big Lob, the most maligned aspect of the movie! I don't care if NE looked cool, he is part of Cobra La and Cobra La was the very worst concept ever created for RAH.

the NE/Falcon pack had nothing to do with the MASS Device, so Hasbro isn't "forcing" you to buy (or the more honest dynamic of you actually choosing" to get a MASS Device part because it wasn't coming with one anyway. it was part of the comic pack assortment.

there's nothing slime ball about the move because you don't know what is in the pipeline in it's place. but, then, what would a Joe board be if someone wasn't whining about something they didn't know about.

So, maybe I'm missing something huge here, but so far we've only seen what, 5 new figures: BAT, Clutch, Steeler, Baroness(Diver) and SE Radioactive? Even still, that's only 3 new characters. That's it for Toyfair? Come on Hasbro.

I'm still happy - they've shown us all those vehicles, which I think are pretty awesome, as they should be able to please both RAH and 25th fans, plus all that cartoon stuff (I NEVER thought I'd get a Weather Dominator or MASS Device!).

Oh yeah, and the Televiper, hatless Lady Jaye and Rip It.

So, maybe I'm missing something huge here, but so far we've only seen what, 5 new figures: BAT, Clutch, Steeler, Baroness(Diver) and SE Radioactive? Even still, that's only 3 new characters. That's it for Toyfair? Come on Hasbro.

Hasbro has been really good about showing us official pics of the upcoming single figure waves for the past month or two. So there isn't much else they could've shown. Innit wonderful when a toy company treats its fans well, and still gets called out for it.

And for the record, the 2 Entertainment packs shown included a total of 7 figures, and a new Build-A-Prop concept. We also saw 6 new vehicles, and 4 Driver figures, plus they unveiled the new BAT. That's still a damn sight more than almost any other company showed for their hottest lines.

We got spoiled, and some people can't be happy with it.

The B.A.T.s look awesome. I love the battle damaged head / chestplate but, what are these ball spike things supposed to be?

When the BATs were introduced in the comic, they served as a mobile delivery system for Mindbender's Mutant Creeper Vines. They captured a group of Joes and stuck them in a junkyard maze, and sent the BATs in to test the system. The canister on the BAT shown at Toy Fair is the Creeper Pod canister seen in that issue, and the pods are the spikey ball things by its feet.

I think that's a crock, honestly.

Well, everyone's entitled to an opinion, no matter how wrong. ;)

I happen to believe that the small niche group who honestly like Cobra La are far outweighed by those that consider it an embarrassment, and would rather see the new molds required to produce them spent on more iconic, less cult-favorite characters, like Mutt & Junkyard, Alpine, Bazooka, and Major Bludd (who's already getting shafted bad enough).

Well, they still need to show new product at SDCC and JoeCon (plus any other smaller cons I'm probably forgetting.) Also, keep in mind we've seen pictures of the next 4 waves of singles, 4 waves of comic packs (with listings of more), the DVD packs, Target/TRU exclusives, and vehicles. And it isn't even March. They can't give us everything in the first quarter - what else would we do for the rest of the year - speculate for 2009 already? @loll@ There would have been a lot more new at the Con if so much wasn't leaked already.

Plus, most of the other big lines didn't release too many new items either.

Well, everyone's entitled to an opinion, no matter how wrong. ;)

I happen to believe that the small niche group who honestly like Cobra La are far outweighed by those that consider it an embarrassment, and would rather see the new molds required to produce them spent on more iconic, less cult-favorite characters, like Mutt & Junkyard, Alpine, Bazooka, and Major Bludd (who's already getting shafted bad enough).

What Hasbro is doing to Major Bludd would seem to support my opinion, actually. They are going to reuse molds, no matter how inappropriate they are. Since when did Bludd ever have knee pads? Reaction to his figure is it is an Embarrassment.

I predict the Best Of pack is complete rehash figures, with the draw being the final piece of MASS. Then on top of that, the elements that power MASS will be packaged in even more rehash figures in single packs (we already know of Cobra Commander). That isn't opinion, that seems pretty much conclusive to me.

We'll see, but I see the toon packs as a stealth way to get more mileage out of stale and flawed molds. Of the MASS and Revenge packs, no toon-only character is included. Those are the facts.

The B.A.T.s look awesome. I love the battle damaged head / chestplate but, what are these ball spike things supposed to be?

When the BATs were introduced in the comic, they served as a mobile delivery system for Mindbender's Mutant Creeper Vines. They captured a group of Joes and stuck them in a junkyard maze, and sent the BATs in to test the system. The canister on the BAT shown at Toy Fair is the Creeper Pod canister seen in that issue, and the pods are the spikey ball things by its feet.

Oh, I see. Thanks

I bet you are correct. BBTS has already pull thier listing of that comic pack. Hope we still get Falcon in some way.

Well I still show it listed in my pre order, perhaps this is going to be like the bazooka vs torch VvsV pack, where they did not produce as much. I do find it a little bit odd that they are not listing the packs anymore, most of the time they put a "sold out", but it no where to be found. Here is hoping that we still get it. Also the press release stated 12 comic packs with new stories by Larry Hama, right?

Thanks for the update Jay, and I could not be happier, I would think that down the road they will re-explore the idea of the DTC hiss.

So they change the name of the Entertainment movie pack? why? and what´s the different now? :wacko:

I am happy that they cleared up on what hiss we are getting and since it is the RAH HISS, I am happy with that one since it is the 25 anniversary and although the DTC HISS would have been nice, I think that they are keeping it true putting out the black HISS again it is a RAH classic.