Infinite Heroes

muppethost

This just proves that the market today can sustain different scales of figures. I mean, mini-mates haven't stopped Mattel from stepping up the DC Classics line, nor will the 3 3/4 line. Plus, this size makes vehicles and play sets more of an option.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOTALLY AWESOME !!!

1:18/3.75" scale is my favorite. Batman versus Darth Vader! Batman/Snake-Eyes team-up versus League of Assassins/Red Ninja team-up. Well, I hope they make Ra's al Ghul and League of Assassins Ninjas. Presently, I use G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary Red Ninjas as Hand Ninjas and have my Superhero Showdown Wolverine fight them.

I think these new figures are pretty interesting. I think this line gives Mattel a wider range of variety within the DC Universe. The joints do have something to be desired, but they are much better than the first 3 3/4 DC figures we had as collectors. I remember the Mego 3 3/4 DC figures, they were cool but that was for that time. I would like a few more joints on these, such as on the wrists, modified thighs and modified shoulders. But over all, I like the designs and the overall variety of the line so far.

Iv'e posted some additional information about these today.

Any word when we can expect to see these in stores? 3rd quarter 2008? 4th quarter?

Well these looking interesting, but I noticed something about this line and it really has me wondering about something. The card art and that Batman are based on Jim Lee art. Now Jim lee has been spending the last two years doing art for DC's suppossed MMORPG and DC guide book for other creators so that the creators had a resource for the look of all the charcaters in the DCU. This consisted of him doing character studies of each and every DC charcater (front, side and back views)> Could mattel be using these character studies as the guides for these figures? More than a few look Jim Lee inspired.

6-10 POA? Really? That sucks.

25th Joes = Around 20 POA

Marvel SHS = Around 20 POA

Microman = 30 POA

Most Star Wars Figures have at least 12 POA

3 3/4 figure scale is my all time favorite scale. I wish ALL figures were 3 3/4". I want to support this line but lots of other toy companies have shown us what CAN be done in this scale. If Matell wants this line to work, they are going to have to step it up. I'll probably give this line a chance, simply because i am a sucker for this scale but my interest may be short lived if these figures dissappoint (which is looking like they might)

The idea behind them is a great one, but so far the execution has me a bit let down. I do prefer the 1:18 scale as they fit in with my SW/Joes and then upcoming lines like Indy and the rumored/supposed 3-3/4" Marvel scaled line. Articulation isn't bad looks to have 9-12 POA (ball jointed head/shoulders, hinged knees/elbows, cut thighs and possible cut wrists and waist?) I wish they had the T-joint on the thighs like the DCUC and DCSH however.

I find it weird that they are doing this scale, but not exploring vehicles/playsets as of yet. The only other reason to do a smaller scale (aside from price-point) would be to be able to put out a wider assortment of figures over a shorter time (2-1 effectively since they are half the cost.)

The idea has potential - Especially if they can be made a little more in proportion (but still heroic) to the other 1/18 lines, like G I Joe. (That Hawkman alone was a bit...much.) The more articualtion, the better, but obviously, there has to be some give in order to maintain the detail they should have. And, while these are mostly prototypes, I think my biggest request would be to do something about their hands. 'Katate-chop Power Girl' really stands out as awkward for some reason. I like the ones that have clenched fists - they seem more in proportion than, say, 'Primate-hands Batman' (and others). If Mattel can clean it up a little, I think this will be a great (and affordable?) line to collect. (Hell, what with the army of 25th Ann Cobras I have started to amass, and the lack of 'green-shirt' counterparts, my Joe collection could use a little backup!)

I am really looking forward to the line, but, as many have stated, more articulation would be nice. I am happy that they are incorporating civilians and army builders. It is a dream come true. This scale of figures is great because of the potential for army building, vehicles and playsets. I hope many other lines follow. If more lines follow with this scale, and more detail and articulation I am going to be broke for a long time.

This is the type of line I've wanted to see for a very long time. Hopefully, in addition to army builders the civillian figures cover alter ego's such as Bruce Wayne, Hal Jordan, Clark Kent, Tim Drake, etc. Even if they came in a two pack with a repaint of their hero counterpart I would buy them up in a minute.

Though the figures shown at Toy Fair were early prototypes, Mattel's Scott Neitlich tells us that these figures will have 6 to 10 points of articulation. Single carded figures will have a SRP of $5.00 and 3-packs $15.99.

Keeps getting better! NOW i'm hoping they'll come up with playsets and vehicles...and a stargirl figure in this line! pleasepleaseplease....!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=267&itemid=12573

That is rather disappointing. How many POA does Shazam have? Is it 6?

Why are the 3 packs more $ than a single?

Maybe I'm the one missing something, but isn't it obvious why 3 figures cost more than one?

As much as I've always wanted a 1:18 DC line (and marvel line), I don't want one that's sub-standard. I don't care how good the sculpts are, if they only have 6-10 POA then I don't see me buying them. Heck even JAKKS is doing 1:18 super-articulated figures now. There's no excuse for less than 15 POA per figure. Anything less than that will be major steps back. Minimum POA for 1:18 - ball jointed neck, ball shoulders, bicep-swivel, elbows (preferably double - but at least elbros), waist, ball hips, knees (same as elbows), ankle (preferably ball for twist and lateral motion). I hope they reconsider before launching it and add more Articulation.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=267&itemid=12573

That is rather disappointing. How many POA does Shazam have? Is it 6?

Why are the 3 packs more $ than a single?

Maybe I'm the one missing something, but isn't it obvious why 3 figures cost more than one?

I guess I should have made it clearer: $15.99 ÷ 3 = $5.33 for one figure while a single is only $5

Usually multipacks are more economical to buy.

My first toys were the Mego Pocket heroes, Sgt Rock from Remco and Gi Joe, they were cheap, easy to carry, and interchangeble (playwise) to an extent. It is a scale that I am partial to and have fond memories of. I see so much potential for this line, playsets, variety of figures ( imagine a subset of Legion of Superheroes or the Green Lanterns) and civilians are definetly a draw that you do not get in larger scale lines. I look foward to Commisioner Gordon, but also hope for Alfred, Oracle, Lois and Jimmy, variants of Robin, Firestorm, Superman and Batman, and pray for a batcave, fortress of solitude or anyone of the justice league headquaters. I had hoped for a line like this for so long I made some of my own customs way back and when I saw Captain Marvel and Hawkman I almost died . Take a look.

http://www.geocities.com/fiddlenine/Text/shazam.txt

http://www.geocities.com/fiddlenine/Text/hawkman.txt

http://www.geocities.com/fiddlenine/Text/creeper.txt

http://www.geocities.com/fiddlenine/Text/lex.txt

http://www.geocities.com/fiddlenine/Text/mm.txt

I think this line has potential, but it is discouraging that they have only 6-10 points of articulation when Hasbro has clearly shown us that there can be 20, 25, or 30 joints on a small figure. So I'll wait to see if these actually look good in person. I am curious o see if they turn out like Superhero Showdown Figures, or Toybiz's 90's Marvel Heroes.

On a side note, I really really hate the Green Arrow's costume. I don't know what they were trying to do with it, but it looks like his One Year Later Suit with touches of his Smallville costume. I mean he's got more pockets than a Liefield drawing, and he has a hip holster for crying out loud. He is my favorite DC Hero and his figure looks really sub-par. I hope eventually they make one in his more famous costume. Maybe then I might buy one.

Here is the real kicker there are 2 price points, one is $3.75 the other is $4.30, are theses whole sale and retail prices. If so I do not mind paying 4.30 a pop. As for the packaging if you look at the back ground you will see the atom, manhunter( female ) dr. light, so i guess they may have plans to take this line very far.