Infinite Heroes

muppethost

http://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=267&itemid=12564

The Infinite Heroes line from Mattel is a new line that they are showing at Toy Fair.

The figures will be 3.75 inches and will feature a wide diversity of characters from the DCU. Looks like they will be in 3 packs. Commisioner Gordon with two GCPD SWAT policemen, Hawkman with two Thanagarian wingmen. It looks like Green Arrow, Black Canary and Green Lantern will come together. The other heroes who are grouped together are Supergirl, Bizarro and Wonder Girl (not sure why they'd come as a set), Golden Age Flash, Black Adam and Weather Wizard. Some singles that were spotted were Batman, Killer Croc, Batwoman, Hush, Question, Captain Marvel (Shazam), Wildcat, Power Girl, Reverse Flash...

Some of the ones shown were articulated with POAs at knees, waist, ribcage, shoulders, elbows, necks. Some aren't articulated at all (like Supergirl and Wonder Girl). I don't know if that's because they are prototypes or if one figure in the set is articulated and the other two are more like PVC accessories???

It's an exciting time to be a DC collector!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These look awesome and I am really really excited for them. I already saw pics of two Flash rogues and the man himself at fwoosh and while they don't look the best i think these are just prototypes. But heck, Mirror Master and Weather Wizard(been wanting a version of him for a while) and Reverse Flash (same)? I'm there.

Ok just saw the video and I'm salivating at Jay Garrick as well. I didn't see any pics of Reverse Flash though :(.

While that is good news in that there are more characters and more DC products out there, it is kind of disappointing that they are not in the 6 inch scale. Hopefully some characters, such as the Green Arrow and the Black Canary will eventually be made into the DCU series.

While that is good news in that there are more characters and more DC products out there, it is kind of disappointing that they are not in the 6 inch scale. Hopefully some characters, such as the Green Arrow and the Black Canary will eventually be made into the DCU series.

I agree. While it's great that they're finally getting around to showcasing all of DC's great characters (even the Question!), I'd rather them be in the 6" line. I know SW and GI Joe have sold EXTREMELY well over the years in the 3 3/4" size, 6" figures have sold just the same in He-Man, Thundercats, ML (before Hasbro) and various X-Men/Spiderman and other lines.

I'm glad to see a 1:18 DC line, but this line needs a LOT of work if it's going to sell. The almost non-existent articulation is going to kill this line. They need to be more along the lines in quality of 25th Anniversary Joes. Those figures look more like OLD Star wars figures. I hope these are just mock-ups and they will be better when they hit the shelves. Folks saying they wanted more 6" need to realize that's being covered already by DCUC. This isn't replacing it, it's just more wallet fodder.

I don't think the 4HM had anything to do with the 3' 3/4 line sculpt wise, hence the nasty sculpts on most of these. the lack of POA on some makes them look like those cheap Mexican ripoff toys you see at the flea markets.

Sorry, this line does zilch for me, I'll be sticking with the 6' line all the way!

I give this line 1yr to die. Mattel needs to stick to just the 6' scale & make some if not most of the 3' 3/4 characters in the 6' scale!

Especially army builders such as the GCPD & Thanagarian grunts.

I don't think the 4HM had anything to do with the 3' 3/4 line sculpt wise, hence the nasty sculpts on most of these. the lack of POA on some makes them look like those cheap Mexican ripoff toys you see at the flea markets.

Sorry, this line does zilch for me, I'll be sticking with the 6' line all the way!

I give this line 1yr to die. Mattel needs to stick to just the 6' scale & make some if not most of the 3' 3/4 characters in the 6' scale!

No what they need to do is make a 3.75 inch line that is as good as the DCUC line. I agree with you on the POA.

I do not collect anything over 1/18th scale. I don't have the space for that. Not to mention with a smaller scale you can add playsets & vehicles. Bring on the Batmobile! #US1#

Most all of the figures shown at Toy Fair were just stand ins. The line will be articulated. The figures shown were just like concept art.

Even if they are, I can't afford to collect 2 different lines from them, glad for those of you that can.

I'll stick to the 6' line.

I am super psyched. I, for one, have been a huge fan of 3 3/4in scale. GI Joe, Star Wars, Indiana Jones. As previously mentioned, this line is far more conducive to vehicles and play sets. Imagine a scale batmobile or Justice Tower! As far as articulation, I'd like to see more but as long as they have at least 10 poa, I won't mind. Go JO...I'm mean DCIH!!!

From Toy Guru (Mattel) over at AFI:

Glad to see so many fans excited about the new Infinite Heroes line! We've had this one cooked up for a while now and are very please to finally reveal it to the fans.

This line will be a 3 3/4 scale line. Some of the figures you see on display are prototypes only. (and not all have the articulation built in yet) The exact figures which will be in wave 1 and 2 of Infinite Heroes will also be revealed at NY Comic Con.

Glad to see so many fans excited about the new Infinite Heroes line! We've had this one cooked up for a while now and are very please to finally reveal it to the fans.

This line will be a 3 3/4 scale line. Some of the figures you see on display are prototypes only. (and not all have the articulation built in yet) The exact figures which will be in wave 1 and 2 of Infinite Heroes will also be revealed at NY Comic Con.

ROCK ON!!! I might have to stray from my usual modus operandi of just collecting Flash and Flash related stuff and actually start picking up a lot of this. I'm really really excited about these.

So the unarticulated ones are only mock ups? Sweet! I'm totally grabbing Croc. He looks sickly sweetacious.

I am Known, personally I am not glad that we pruned to see asi characters who nonserious possible that they were on sale in the DCUC but their form and size not make attractive, we see as it sees the consumer it.

Thanks to Toynewsi for posting great pictures of these figures/prototypes. Finally can see Power Girl and Reverse Flash/Prof Zoom close up and can see the addition of Catwoman and Adam Strange (I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out who had the yellow gloves with red detailing).

Awesome pictures.

Agreed.. the sculpt's kinda nasty... but the Gordon pack is sooooo damn cool .... if it's produced in the 6" line !!!

Can't wait for Comic Con! I would have loved to see a Superman prototype/mock-up, but maybe at NYCC. Here's hoping that Superman is in at least one of the first 2 waves.

the only thing i like from dc in the dc classic universe. i hope they make a dc superhero squad line

There probably won't ever be a DC Superhero Squad since that line is made by Hasbro not Mattel. Mattel is working with Imaginext to make a kid friendly line of small heroes based on the Super Friends line. Check out the pics under the Toy Fair 2008 Mattel section. There's a Batcave playset, Batman, Robin, Joker (w/vehicle), Penguin and Superman w/Krypto so far. They are cute and articulated and very playable.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=alb...Friends+Batcave

I have no interest whatsoever. It's very sad that these are being done in this scale. When I first saw them I nearly had to change my pants. The prospect of getting a Gordon with GCPD army builders was....O.O! I was incredibly let down by the fact that they’re not 6’’ scale.

But could this be a peak into what they could do for the DCUC line? If they’re giving us characters like this in the smaller line….why not revisit them later in the larger? So maybe these could be hints as to what’s to come?

I think the reason Mattel made this line is to replace the JLU line. I mean, the JLU cartoon has ended years ago and it seems that Mattel has pretty much run the license dry by already making all the character they can with the JLU license and making similar repaints nad repackage figures of the initial 6.

With a new line that is similar to the LJU in size and variety, Mattel can pretty much start from scratch by making characters they made before and new ones that the JLU license didn't cover. Seems wise of Mattel, considering how popular the LJU line was