So, we're getting a MASS Device.

MrBlisterfists

Its been some 20+ years since I've seen the old Sunbow cartoon, and I remember both the Mass Device and the Weather Dominator vividly...

But refresh my memory...what was the BET?

I have my doubts at the moment, unless Hasbro finds another 5 multi-packs to pack the pieces in with.

Especially with news from Toy Fair that Hasbro is rethinking the logic behind Cobra La figures, the Movie may become a *very* streamlined set, with Falcon, Tunnel Rat, and other mainstays rather than the fantastic elements that make it infamous.

It also works out this time, as "The MASS Device" is one of the sets included in the 5 BAM (Build-A-Machine) sets. To do another 5 sets based on other things, then offer a BAM BET (hehehe) with them... seems like it's a little off.

Unless Hasbro actually holds back The Movie, and replaces it with another Boxed Set, I don't see the BET happening.

Hasbro could make a bigger Battle pack with the BET and some figures. They don't even have to include a DVD.

I think the Battle Packs have gotten a very good reaction and we are all looking forward to the other three. I hope Hasbro goes back to their original plans because of the possitive Toy Fair feedback.

I have my doubts at the moment, unless Hasbro finds another 5 multi-packs to pack the pieces in with.

Especially with news from Toy Fair that Hasbro is rethinking the logic behind Cobra La figures, the Movie may become a *very* streamlined set, with Falcon, Tunnel Rat, and other mainstays rather than the fantastic elements that make it infamous.

It also works out this time, as "The MASS Device" is one of the sets included in the 5 BAM (Build-A-Machine) sets. To do another 5 sets based on other things, then offer a BAM BET (hehehe) with them... seems like it's a little off.

Unless Hasbro actually holds back The Movie, and replaces it with another Boxed Set, I don't see the BET happening.

i want to ignore everything you pretty much said cause i dont like it :P

i really want my cobra la figures and this will be the only way we will get them. hasbro needs to take a damn chance. there are people that want these figures. i hope the rumors you heard are not true.

hopefully if these sets do well we will get more sets based off the cartoon.

FYI i just watched all the joe miniseries and movie last night in one big marathon cause all the joe news got me worked up!

i really want my cobra la figures and this will be the only way we will get them. hasbro needs to take a damn chance. there are people that want these figures. i hope the rumors you heard are not true.

There *are* people that want them. There's no denying that. But Hasbro may just have realized how marginal and niche those numbers are. An overwhelming number of collectors, and most casual fans look at the movie as a low point (most that don't know better blame it for Sunbow ceasing production of the Joe cartoon). Hasbro might also be realizing it's not a great idea, marketing-wise, to parade the odder elements of GIJoe's history to the public right before a multi-million dollar movie hits.

It'd be like doing a line of Beast Pretender Action Masters right before releasing the second Transformers Movie. You're going to give people the impression that Transformers are represented by the worst/most hated aspects as much as they are by the best. The Classics line was a perfect "mint leaf" or palette cleanser before the Blockbuster.

This would probably not be the most economical idea for Hasbro to come out with (seeing as the movie is sometimes looked down upon), but I for one would love to own a BET. I'm a huge fan of the movie and it would allow me to have another piece of one of my favorite cartoons as a kid. Who knows, maybe we will get a whole pack dedicated to it, with a Big Lob and all the Cobra La gang. Its a stretch, but one can dream :D