25th Crimson Guards in CORRECT color????

cobratroopers

OK, I just got some 25th CG's and the Tomax & Xamot comic packs. I decided to set up a little Crimson Guard scene and discovered that the new Crimson Guards are the wrong color. How did this get by hasbro? I mean all the rest of my "crimson family" (85, 91, Con 02, Crimson Sabotage, Crimson Guard Force, and CCC Pilots) all share the same color, then you get to the 25th and they are like a terra cotta orangish color - NOT CRIMSON!!! It seems that this is a major detail that was just overlooked. One of the reasons that figure was such a fan fav was the deep dark blood red and silver highlights. That is what really made that figure sand out as badass. The new ones just look washed out and crappy, like they have been in the sun for 10 years. Is there any way to petition Hasbro to rerelease them in the correct color?

One explanation about the off-color of the CGs could be that the 25th Anniversary collection is intended to be an homage to the original RAH line, but not to fit within it. The 25th figures are closer to 4" than 3 3/4", they do not conform to the old "hole in the back" style of the RAH figures, most of the original vehicle rereleases have had to be retconned to get the figures to fit in them, etc. So I view these as "stand alone" figures, not simple additions to the older line...

Mixing these 25th Anniversary figures with the older RAH is kind of like mixing the modern Hasbro Star Wars figures with the original Kenner stuff...they simply look out of place next to each other...

It's just the figure would look way better in the orginal crimson color. Why maintain the consistancy for 20+ years then turn anound on the tribute lines and make it a rusty color? What sense does that make? All the other figures have their classic looks and colors, it just bugs the hell out of me because I am a huge Crimson Guard fan and this isn't a crimson guard. I would be happy as hell and really stock up on them if it was corrected. That is what I wanted to do since day 1. As it stands I will just sit on my 4 and use the TRU CG's. It's just a big letdown. Remember when the CAT2 came out and eveyone was like WTF, An orange tank and blue Crimson Guard?

All the other figures have their classic looks and colors...

the original Snow Job is pure white, not a dirty white. the first 25th Snake Eyes was gray, but the original black. Same with Destro. 25th Storm Shadow isn't pure white, the Cobra Officer has knee pads, etc. etc.

deviation from the classic colors seems to be pretty norm for the 25th, so you don't really have ground to stand on with that argument. not to mention that the DTC CG was a darker red as well, and so were the VvV RAH sculpt CG's, so it isn't as if this is the first CG to have a new hue of red.

if you are displaying the 25th CG's with vintage CG's and hoping that they match, I am certain the most glaring difference between them isn't the different shades of red.

All the other figures have their classic looks and colors...

the original Snow Job is pure white, not a dirty white. the first 25th Snake Eyes was gray, but the original black. Same with Destro. 25th Storm Shadow isn't pure white, the Cobra Officer has knee pads, etc. etc.

deviation from the classic colors seems to be pretty norm for the 25th, so you don't really have ground to stand on with that argument. not to mention that the DTC CG was a darker red as well, and so were the VvV RAH sculpt CG's, so it isn't as if this is the first CG to have a new hue of red.

if you are displaying the 25th CG's with vintage CG's and hoping that they match, I am certain the most glaring difference between them isn't the different shades of red.

They won't match, well I'll be damned.

There has been a pure white Storm Shadow in the comic pack, and an all black snake eyes in wave 5. The DTC Crimson Guard retained half of the orginal color, and that figure was pretty much a turd.

What I'm saying is the 25th CG wouls look a hell of a lot better in the orginal color instead of orangish-red. Since Hasbro loves a repaint maybe they can make this happen.

It's too bad the new Joes are a little big because a lot of lines are coming out with a 3 3/4 version now. Indiana Jone is being made to be in scale with Star Wars, Marvel and DC are coming out in 3 3/4. It would be great if the Joes were in scale with everything else. I am loving the new Joes though and am looking forward to finding the new stuff.

I like the 4 inch scale and the slight mods to the orignal design, I consider these figures to be the Joe equivalent to the Takara TF Masterpiece edition. The definitive edition of these characters.

I think I've more issues with the overall shape of the head sculpt than the exact shade of red (mine looks pretty fine to me). The heads have kinduva chimp look to the head and mask that's a bit off from the card art.

I don't really understand what the big deal is, they look fine to me. Sure they don't match the originals exactly but I thought that was more of a case of being made in that non-glossy type of softer plastic they use today.

Personally my big beef is the overuse of different molds. I've more or less gotten over that but figures like Major Bludd still annoy me.

I don't really understand what the big deal is, they look fine to me. Sure they don't match the originals exactly but I thought that was more of a case of being made in that non-glossy type of softer plastic they use today.

Personally my big beef is the overuse of different molds. I've more or less gotten over that but figures like Major Bludd still annoy me.

Someone should do a photoshop comparison of the current 25th Crimson Guard and one done in the correct deep dark red so everyone and see what I'm talking about. I saw one a few months back and it looked awesome. I just can't get down with the faded earthtoned looking one.