hasbro marvel legends series 4?

lonewolf

I was wondering why we didn't see series 4 on display at ToyFair 08 as well. I figured we would see packaged pictures and the final product, b/c I wanted to see how well the Tigra figure turned out. I'm guessing they are delaying it in order to fix the AXM Beast and get him ready so as to not mess up the BAF for that series. I think it's great they are giving us the Hydra Agent again, but not allowing you to get the final piece of the BAF initially is a bad idea overall. I'm also hoping they are fixing the Daredevil problem and making the original costume the chase as that is the way it should be in the end.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a red Daredevil, and I don't want to have to pay hundreds for him b/c all I find in the case I will order and what is on the shelves is the yellow Daredevil. I understand that many don't have a yellow Daredevil, but to be honest imo it was a cheesy costume, and it isn't that reconizable to people outside of comic fans. Beast and Daredevil will be the most reconized characters in this wave, and let's face it, the AXM Beast and yellow Daredevil aren't the most iconic versions of the respective character.

Beast and Daredevil will be the most reconized characters in this wave, and let's face it, the AXM Beast and yellow Daredevil aren't the most iconic versions of the respective character.

how about punisher?

I don't really consider him that popular, as much as Daredevil and Beast are due to their movies. The Punisher movie wasn't really well received nor has gotten as much notice as Daredevil and X-Men.

if the Punisher movie wasn't well recieve why is he getting a second move while DD ( famous as he is ) had only one movie? Punisher is next to DD and Beast as a famous character.

I don't really consider him that popular, as much as Daredevil and Beast are due to their movies. The Punisher movie wasn't really well received nor has gotten as much notice as Daredevil and X-Men.

if the Punisher movie wasn't well recieve why is he getting a second move while DD ( famous as he is ) had only one movie? Punisher is next to DD and Beast as a famous character.

sir you insult me @loll@ . DD is the greatest superhero ever imagined #US1# . as far as the movie....well....all I have to say is ben affleck and mark steven johnson.

seriously tho...cant wait for my yellow and red DDs.

sir you insult me @loll@ . DD is the greatest superhero ever imagined #US1# . as far as the movie....well....all I have to say is ben affleck and mark steven johnson.

young man i have a estensive respect for old Hornhead. being one of the first superhero with a actually pysically ( i know my spelling is bad) problem. but i still think in terms of Popularity he up there at the same level as Punisher.

young man i have a estensive respect for old Hornhead. being one of the first superhero with a actually pysically ( i know my spelling is bad) problem. but i still think in terms of Popularity he up there at the same level as Punisher.

tarot i didn't think you liked the punisher. and i hope that they make daredevil red, or as frank would say "the crimson wimp" @loll@

exactly.

I thought the Punisher was getting a second shot at a movie b/c the first one didn't do as well as they hoped ala Ang Lee's the Hulk movie. Whenever there is a Marvel collage or shirt of a few flagship characters, there is more likely to be a picture of Daredevil than the Punisher.

I thought the Punisher was getting a second shot at a movie b/c the first one didn't do as well as they hoped ala Ang Lee's the Hulk movie. Whenever there is a Marvel collage or shirt of a few flagship characters, there is more likely to be a picture of Daredevil than the Punisher.

but there is also more likely to have a picture of Punisher than Beast...

well at first the variants might be harder to get, but wait a while. At my work (toysrus) we finally got in wave 3!! ha, and the marvel girl and hydra in the later shipments are now the variants. so that seems to be what they are doing, instead of having 1 in every 5 cases or so have a variant, the later assortments will have the variants.

I just want to see the final pictures of these figs before i get excited, since hasbro's stuff looks great as prototypes, but for most they take a nose dive in quality.

I just want me a good Nova, Tigra and Black Bolt most of all, and i'd be happy with a nice Red Daredevil, Punisher and Astonishing Beast (gotta complete the team).

I want a red Daredevil, and I don't want to have to pay hundreds for him b/c all I find in the case I will order and what is on the shelves is the yellow Daredevil. I understand that many don't have a yellow Daredevil, but to be honest imo it was a cheesy costume, and it isn't that reconizable to people outside of comic fans. Beast and Daredevil will be the most reconized characters in this wave, and let's face it, the AXM Beast and yellow Daredevil aren't the most iconic versions of the respective character.

Maybe it's post-poned because they are redoing the crappy Hasbro joints with the superior Toy-Biz style double joint.

I wish I lived in this fantasy world where Hasbro actually does what the collectors want! If only it were a reality…

Myst, Chunky, I want to preface this by saying that this is NOT directed at either of you... You're just convenient people to quote. Please do not take it as a rebuttal to you personally, but a complaint in general. That being said...

Fun fact: Not all the collectors are anal-retentive about the articulation of their figures.

And hey, look, the 2-packs are double-jointed. Nick Fury is mostly Punisher, which suggests that Punisher could be as well, and Punisher's in wave 4... hmmm...

The Iron Man movie figures also appear to mostly be double-jointed (possibly all, I can't tell on the grey suit). On the Hulk Legends front, Wendigo clearly has double joints in his knees, Fin Fang Foom has double-jointed elbows.

It looks like the double-joint isn't gone at all; Hasbro is just trying to figure out the best places to use it. I know it's unpopular to point this out, but there are actually places where the 'Hasbro joint' is the sensible option. I actually hope that Foom's knees have them, as Foom spends most of his time in the comics crouching, and I can't imagine that a double-joint would hold a figure that big up for too long. Some characters really don't need double joints in the first place- MODOK? You mean it was really worth the extra cost to sculpt and make a bunch of parts that he can't actually use? I can't really imagine that Blob is lacking due to not having double joints...

Granted, I'm not saying the whole line should be one or the other. Personally, the fact that Black Knight can't ride the 'Atomic Steed' that Hawkeye/Taskmaster came with bugs me to no end, so this isn't any sort of blind support for the Hasbro joint. I'm just trying to say that there are good reasons (specific characters, for the most part) why the entire line should not be one or the other. It's getting really old to see a bunch of complaining about the joints when everything seems to point to them not only still being around, but making a resurgence. Things are moving in the right direction, but instead of noticing and saying something positive and potentially constructive, it's just 'Bah! Hasbro!' repeatedly.

Myst, Chunky, I want to preface this by saying that this is NOT directed at either of you... You're just convenient people to quote. Please do not take it as a rebuttal to you personally, but a complaint in general. That being said...

Fun fact: Not all the collectors are anal-retentive about the articulation of their figures.

And hey, look, the 2-packs are double-jointed. Nick Fury is mostly Punisher, which suggests that Punisher could be as well, and Punisher's in wave 4... hmmm...

The Iron Man movie figures also appear to mostly be double-jointed (possibly all, I can't tell on the grey suit). On the Hulk Legends front, Wendigo clearly has double joints in his knees, Fin Fang Foom has double-jointed elbows.

It looks like the double-joint isn't gone at all; Hasbro is just trying to figure out the best places to use it. I know it's unpopular to point this out, but there are actually places where the 'Hasbro joint' is the sensible option. I actually hope that Foom's knees have them, as Foom spends most of his time in the comics crouching, and I can't imagine that a double-joint would hold a figure that big up for too long. Some characters really don't need double joints in the first place- MODOK? You mean it was really worth the extra cost to sculpt and make a bunch of parts that he can't actually use? I can't really imagine that Blob is lacking due to not having double joints...

Granted, I'm not saying the whole line should be one or the other. Personally, the fact that Black Knight can't ride the 'Atomic Steed' that Hawkeye/Taskmaster came with bugs me to no end, so this isn't any sort of blind support for the Hasbro joint. I'm just trying to say that there are good reasons (specific characters, for the most part) why the entire line should not be one or the other. It's getting really old to see a bunch of complaining about the joints when everything seems to point to them not only still being around, but making a resurgence. Things are moving in the right direction, but instead of noticing and saying something positive and potentially constructive, it's just 'Bah! Hasbro!' repeatedly.

amen! that's why i've always said i love hasbro... i think they are really starting to make good MLs and bring the line to a good direction...

amen! that's why i've always said i love hasbro... i think they are really starting to make good MLs and bring the line to a good direction...

I don't mind hasblo(i promise to stop calling them that once I get my HML4 and DD and colossus icons)...I would never say I love them. But they are certainlly improving thier product and are now on par....for me...with toybiz.

He doesn't need a big budget to make like other superhero movies and appeals to a normal person (gone ballistic) kinda hero. Less CGI effects involved in these as opposed to doing a Silver Surfer, Iron Man or Hulk movie. He's just like Rambo, or Chuck Norris (Delta Farce) or that vigilante with a big gun in the 70's flicks (Clint Eastwood) he just keeps coming back ! ! !