Toy Fair 2008:Complete Coverage-

Ryno

Hey guys, Jay just called in with the latest tidbits from Toy Fair on the G.I.Joe Movie

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=12733

Please go here for GI Joe Toy Fair Figures discussion:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showt...t=0&start=0

MOD EDIT: to make discussions a little easier

Interesting, sounds like it'll be similar to the cartoon mini-series (locations that is).

One word sums up the cast choice for Cobra Commander.....WHY??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!Joesph Gordon Levett as Cobra Commander?Yeah,what happened to Gary Oldman?This movie is going to tank.

Again with the broken records people... *points to the TF-threads pre-movie-release*

-Kevin

Right....ya can't always get what ya want! :P

LOL You have got to be kidding

Wasn't Gary Oldman available??

Translation: "I only remember seeing this guy when he was a teenager on a sitcom, so I have no clue if he can handle this role and will simply assume that he can't."

I've seen Gary Oldman play evil and crazy I thought he would be better

Same here DPrime. I think he just might surprise us all. I think the choice is good because CC was never a bulky guy in any medium (the actor has around the same build as his portrayal) and I think the voice of the commander figured greatly into the decision. Think about it: It would be much more difficult for an older actor to pull off the whiny voice of the commander than it would be for Gordon-Levitt to do. If anyone has seen him act before he had a fairly high pitched voice and I do not perceive him to have to make too much of a stretch to perform the Commander's signature voice.

I hope CC does not have that whiney hissing voice. I'd rather him just be a mean sadistic terrorist a-hole. Who says CC will even be unmasked in the film. As long as he has ther mask on you'd never know how old the person behind the mask was. People need to stop picturing Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a little kid.

amazing, constant doubt about the movie. IT HASNT EVEN COME OUT YET, let the people just make the movie, if you already decided you are going to hate it, then no matter what they do, you'll hate it.

I'm going in with no expectations and hope Levitt does amazing

You guys have to give Joesph Gordon Levett the benefit of the doubt as an actor.

I have seen the lastest movies he's been in for example The Lookout which was a fantastic movie and he was amazing in the lead role.

As for being CC... it seems like he is another complete miscast...

With Channing Tatum, Joesph Gordon Levett, and Marlon Wayans as Ripcord

This seems more like Gi Joe: Evolution... it seems like they are going for something like the X-men cartoon!