Toy Fair 2008: Look At Colored

synch

sweet figure

theres more stuff up in the links ;) maybe you could add " Classics 2.0 Wave 1" for me to the topic title :D

I Thought it was nice to see some cybertron repaints again the blaster concept is interesting though not really blaster imo...

I've seen a lot of mixed reactions on Galvatron so far.

I only agree on 2 points, he should have been bigger and the apparent lack of knees could be a problem.

Otherwise I think he looks fantastic!

I think he's meant to go along with the deluxe sized Prime and Megs. That would make sense too, cuz if you used the g1 cartoon story as a basis, then Galvy would be a Megs upgrade. A meaner looking tank makes perfect sense seeing Megs is one too. Like other Classics figs, he retains a great resemblance to the original character. I think that's all that matters.

Now re-release the Classics Starscream with a more g1 accurate color scheme and include a cape and crown. That would be nice to have together with Galvy.

"Blaster": If that's who that Soundwave repaint is supposed to be. Not bad looking, but still has Soundwave's leg flaw. I wonder who the Laserbeak repaint is supposed to be though.

"Cement Truck Guy": I dunno who he's supposed to be. The original mold was a nod towards the G1 Quickmix.

Sunstreaker: Not as "G1" as he should be, lol. But a definate pickup.

Octane: I don't care for that crappy "claw hand" he's sporting on his right arm. It's weird though they changed his jet mode to what? A prop jet?. Except for the arm, he's definately an improvement.

Prowl: One word: WOW.

Powerglide: Why the hell isn't he RED? Are those extending claws in the thrusters/chest? And, given his size, I wonder if he has actual landing gear/wheels.

Onslaught: I don't like him. Not as Onslaught. Because that isn't Onslaught. Not to mention no combiner ability (or so it seems). They made mentionof having combiners in the line. So why include Onslaught, a combiner, without that ability?

Galvatron: Same as Onslaught. That isn't Galvatron.

Why get so close, even considering Nerf Megatron, to the originals to change them so much here?

Where is Sideswipe?

"Blaster": If that's who that Soundwave repaint is supposed to be. Not bad looking, but still has Soundwave's leg flaw. I wonder who the Laserbeak repaint is supposed to be though.

"Cement Truck Guy": I dunno who he's supposed to be. The original mold was a nod towards the G1 Quickmix.

Sunstreaker: Not as "G1" as he should be, lol. But a definate pickup.

Octane: I don't care for that crappy "claw hand" he's sporting on his right arm. It's weird though they changed his jet mode to what? A prop jet?. Except for the arm, he's definately an improvement.

Prowl: One word: WOW.

Powerglide: Why the hell isn't he RED? Are those extending claws in the thrusters/chest? And, given his size, I wonder if he has actual landing gear/wheels.

Onslaught: I don't like him. Not as Onslaught. Because that isn't Onslaught. Not to mention no combiner ability (or so it seems). They made mentionof having combiners in the line. So why include Onslaught, a combiner, without that ability?

Galvatron: Same as Onslaught. That isn't Galvatron.

Why get so close, even considering Nerf Megatron, to the originals to change them so much here?

Where is Sideswipe?

"Blaster": Looks good and accurate on the color, but I'm not digging the lack of a new mold. Energon and Cybertron paid homage to G1. I don't need Classics to do the same. Classics should all be new molds.

"Heavy Load": Again with the repaint. Is this supposed to be Quickmix? If so, do we really need him? Hasbro already gave us that weak supposed to be Devastator repaint.

Sunstreaker: Perfect

Octane: I know Pesatyel said he didn't like the claw hand but I think its a weapon and can be taken off. If so this figure is very nice.

Prowl: Best of the bunch

Powerglide: The original was red and white so Im guessing due to the transformation if they painted him like the original it would look weird. Love the look of the figure but the paint scheme will have to grow on me. Also he may be a little large.

Onslaught: Great look and a great alt mode since he is a COMBATacon. However, I don't like the fact that he might not be a combiner. Image if they released 5 Combatacons, all deluxe, that transformed into Bruticus. It would be huge and awesome. Hasbro dont be afraid to make large combiners like Predaking.

Galvatron: Looks nice. Good color scheme. It incorporated enough of the G1 toy and G1 toon look. Alt mode is ok. BUT he should be bigger. He's deluxe and should be voyager like Prime and Megs.

My guess is Sideswipe is wave 3 or 2.5 and not complete so he cant attend Toyfair.

Meh, I'll probably pass on all of these. The Autobots look nice for the most part, but I'm more of a Decepticon fan and they don't look so hot. Galvatron should be bigger for one, he's deluxe class isn't he? Needs to be bigger. Also, he reminds me of my first thoughts of Armada Megatron: looks really cool in the promotional imagery, but when you actually play with him, he lets you down. Obviously, I can't know that for sure but I don't like the look of that claw hand. Concerning Onslaught: don't like the colors, don't like his giant shield that just sits on his roof, don't like that he's not a combiner (He's not guys, ok? If he were, they would have told us by now, let it go. Actually, I'm fairly certain they already told us he wasn't.)

I think they all look great. Awesome really, especially Prowl. The only one I didn't like was Onslaught. His neck was weird, his colors were just like waaaay too much. He looks awful... too bad he can't combine.

That'd be awesome! If they made normal size TF's that could combine to make whatever giant Combiner... like a huuuuge Devastator or whatever! :P

Meh, I'll probably pass on all of these. The Autobots look nice for the most part, but I'm more of a Decepticon fan and they don't look so hot. Galvatron should be bigger for one, he's deluxe class isn't he? Needs to be bigger. Also, he reminds me of my first thoughts of Armada Megatron: looks really cool in the promotional imagery, but when you actually play with him, he lets you down. Obviously, I can't know that for sure but I don't like the look of that claw hand. Concerning Onslaught: don't like the colors, don't like his giant shield that just sits on his roof, don't like that he's not a combiner (He's not guys, ok? If he were, they would have told us by now, let it go. Actually, I'm fairly certain they already told us he wasn't.)

But they DID say they planned combiners in the line. So why include one that doesn't have that feature?

The Cybertron repaints aren't worth my time or money. I'm disappointed in Blaster the most. Sunstreaker and Prowl look GREAT. Onslaught while he looks cool, I hate the fact he isn't a combiner like he suppossed to be. Galvatron is okay but I hope he is as posable as Megatron was. I don't like how little red is on Powerglide. It makes him look VERY plain even with the red highlights. Octane is cool too. I hope his weapons come off.

But they DID say they planned combiners in the line. So why include one that doesn't have that feature?

I don't know, but he's not one of them.

I don't know, but he's not one of them.

That's really my only complaint (even with what I said above, lol) about him. Even Galvatron is....ok.