Toy Fair 2008:Complete Coverage-

Tazzzman

So, let's recap!!!

Comic Packs... 12 in total (I thought I read 15 somewhere).

• Wave 1 = 3 Packs
  • Wave 2 = 2 Packs
  • Wave 3 = 4 Packs
  • Wave 4 = 3 Packs

We've seen pictures of all of these...

Vehicles... Unknown number. Looks like Vehicle packs.

• Armadillo Tank w/ Steeler vs. Serpantor's Air Chariot w/ Serpantor
  • Ram w/ Breaker vs. trouble Bubble w/ Tele-Viper
  • Vamp w/ Clutch
  • Hiss w/ Rip It

Entertainment Packs (Seen)

• Mass Device
  • Weather Dominator

Entertainment Packs (Unseen)

• G.I.Joe the Movie
  • Arise Serpentor Arise
  • Pyramid of Darkness

Taking the BAF idea, it appears we can build ourselves a Mass Device buy purchasing all five of these bad boys.

Single Packs, 7 Waves, 40 figures...

• Wave 1 '08 = 5 Figures
  • Wave 2 '08 = 3 Figures
  • Wave 3 '08 = 5 Figures
  • Wave 4 '08 = 8 Figures

That's 21 figures so far, and we haven't seen Wave 5 '08 or later yet.

Did I miss anything? Exclusives not included.

-Kevin

Here ya go Kev....a Hasbro release:

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?pa...2F47059AFCC322F

Did I miss something, in the press release they show a V1 Hiss Tank, we saw the DTC hiss today in the pics. I know there is the Target release, but that one is V1 but colored blue.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let's recap!!!

• Wave 1 = 3 Packs
  • Wave 2 = 2 Packs
  • Wave 3 = 4 Packs
  • Wave 4 = 3 Packs

• Vamp w/ Clutch
  • Hiss w/ Rip It

• Mass Device
  • Weather Dominator

• G.I.Joe the Movie
  • Arise Serpentor Arise
  • Pyramid of Darkness

Taking the BAF idea, it appears we can build ourselves a Mass Device buy purchasing all five of these bad boys.

• Wave 1 '08 = 5 Figures
  • Wave 2 '08 = 3 Figures
  • Wave 3 '08 = 5 Figures
  • Wave 4 '08 = 8 Figures

-Kevin

Did I miss something, in the press release they show a V1 Hiss Tank, we saw the DTC hiss today in the pics. I know there is the Target release, but that one is V1 but colored blue.

Ive added more pics to the galleries. As for the Hiss, i believe the one at toy fair is what we are getting though it may have a more traditional gun turrett. It is set for general release.

So am I the only one who's feeling like I'm standing at ground zero of an 80s nostalgia attack here? Normally, I absolutely abhor reissues...but for some odd reason, seeing these vehicles not simply reissued, but the original designs subltly improved upon has actually made me see Hasbro in a completely new light. Hasbro's Joe team has started getting back to its RAH roots and bringing back the stuff the franchise has so sorely missed over the past decade and a half. I actually caught myself sitting here at the computer giggling like a giddy 10 year old.

Totally Agree.......also how cool is that irradiated Snake-Eyes!!!! The coolness factor of the cartoon packs is THROUGH THE ROOF IMO. I want MORE!!!!!

We haven't even seen all of the single packs yet............ @firedevil@

So, let's recap!!!

• Wave 1 = 3 Packs
  • Wave 2 = 2 Packs
  • Wave 3 = 4 Packs
  • Wave 4 = 3 Packs

• Vamp w/ Clutch
  • Hiss w/ Rip It

• Mass Device
  • Weather Dominator

• G.I.Joe the Movie
  • Arise Serpentor Arise
  • Pyramid of Darkness

• Wave 1 '08 = 5 Figures
  • Wave 2 '08 = 3 Figures
  • Wave 3 '08 = 5 Figures
  • Wave 4 '08 = 8 Figures

-Kevin

Ive added more pics to the galleries. As for the Hiss, i believe the one at toy fair is what we are getting though it may have a more traditional gun turrett. It is set for general release.

Thanks for the info, I was confused when I first saw the Hiss at Toyfair since it has the same artwork as the Target exclusive, it also has the cobra trooper in urban camo color.

I'm really loving the V3 Snake Eyes. I like the night vision goggles that they added to him.

Wonder if the knife on his chest is removable?

Thats some nice intresting product by Hasbro this year.

But it want take long for some idiots to start complaining about it.

I just want to add a few notes from today, im going on about 3 hrs sleep since Friday so bare with me. It was said that we can expect 2 GIJoe SDCC exclusives this year and then another exclusive next fall. No word on what they are. They still weren't ready to announce who is getting the comic book license. The Cobra La and other movie stuff we heard about apprently is on hold or something. They weren't very clear but when asked about the stuff listed on the PR from the other day, they said they had to rething some stuff or something and felt it would only interest a very small group of people. So honestly I didnt feel like I got a very straight answer on that stuff and not sure what's up. The vehicles are based on the orginal molds with improvements made upon them. Thats all I can think of. LMK if you have any other questions and I'll dig through my notes tomrrow. My favorite was the Mass and Weather Dominator sets. The Lady Jaye in the one set is the Lady Jaye figure I've always wanted.

Thank you for clearing that one up JayC. Although I am a bit dissapointed now. I'd like to have the first HISS in black again instead of blue and as far as the HISS V goes I hope Hasbro releases it with a rear opening and closing door like the S6 version.

I'm really loving the V3 Snake Eyes. I like the night vision goggles that they added to him.

Wonder if the knife on his chest is removable?

Considering there are 2 knives on his chest in the official pics & there were 2 on the original version, I'd say that's a huge hell yeah!

Good lord, the B.A.T., the Weather Dominator & MASS Device, the vehicles...this stuff is...damn. Just...damn! @firedevil@

I just want to add a few notes from today, im going on about 3 hrs sleep since Friday so bare with me. It was said that we can expect 2 GIJoe SDCC exclusives this year and then another exclusive next fall. No word on what they are. They still weren't ready to announce who is getting the comic book license. The Cobra La and other movie stuff we heard about apprently is on hold or something. They weren't very clear but when asked about the stuff listed on the PR from the other day, they said they had to rething some stuff or something and felt it would only interest a very small group of people. So honestly I didnt feel like I got a very straight answer on that stuff and not sure what's up. The vehicles are based on the orginal molds with improvements made upon them. Thats all I can think of. LMK if you have any other questions and I'll dig through my notes tomrrow. My favorite was the Mass and Weather Dominator sets. The Lady Jaye in the one set is the Lady Jaye figure I've always wanted.

So we're only getting these two entertainment packs? (Thus, we are not going to be able to BAMD (Build a Mass Device!)?

And SDCC exclusives... *groan* I'll make my plans now I guess... Putting the request in now should get me the time off. Damn expensive summers!

"Next fall" as in 09?

Cobra La on hold? As in... No movie pack? Or no Falcon vs. Nemesis Enforcer comic pack?

Do we know what, if any, of these items are going to be made into exclusives?

We have the first "half" of 08's single pack releases... Any chance we'll at least get names of some of the last half, if not pictures of protos?

All in all, thanks JayC. :) As I said earlier, I hate getting my news elsewhere, and now have official TNI pics to use.

-Kevin

i think it would be awsome if they had a remake skystriker and rattler

It would suck if Falcon got canned again. :(

I don't know what the delay with Falcon is. If you look at the original sculpt and take away all the belts and accessories that were molded onto the sculpt you would have a pretty generic looking soldier in standerd BDU"s. Since the 25th line belts and accessories are all removable,an all new sculpt Falcon would be well worth while budget wise for hasbro to be reused to make more modern greenshirts or any other character as much as the Snake Eyes mold. At the end of the day, I just want my bloody Falcon.

Vehicles: ALL of them appear to be modified. Makes you wonder why they didn't do that to the A.W.E. Striker and others. I mean why "rush release"?

V.A.M.P.: NIce. Glad its not that crappy "Desert Striker" body again.

R.A.M.: It actually kinda sucks they had to modify it since the 25th bodies don't have the same range of motion as the RAH bodies. But on the other hand, it looks better at least. Doesn't look like the saddlebags open though.

Armadillo: I always thought it was an unrealistic vehicle. But I liked it because of the small size. I wonder what the deal is with that satchel on the side.

Flight Pod: I hope it isn't as flimsy as the 98 version. Those just fell apart.

Air Chariot: Nice. But the opening mouth is pretty pointless.

H.I.S.S.: I almost didn't realize that was the DTC H.I.S.S.

Clutch: Looks great. Accurate.

Steeler: Is that supposed to be Steeler on the R.A.M.? If it is, why isn't he with the Armadillo at least?

Tele-Viper: A surprise figure, lol.

Serpentor: Is he coming with the Air Chariot? Probably not since he has weapons.

Why does Steeler, for example, have a gun holster if its empty? And the Tele-Viper had some interesting gear, which he won't have here.

TF Flint: Something tells me he's getting his hand traded. After all that's the only reason he's here.

Roadblock: It kinda looks like that jacket/vest/whatever is removable.

Major Bludd: Zartan's legs still bug me.

Cobra Commander: I like the darker colors.

Snake Eyes: Not bad, but being black hard to see.

Viper: I wonder why he's the only one with those funky hands.

Python Trooper: Seems out of place, being all alone.

B.A.T.: I don't think he comes with enough accessories. What's with that big tank on his back? I wonder if both hands are detachable.

H.I.S.S. Driver: Wow, probbly the first time anyone could really army build him.

Baroness: Ugly! Looks like she's going through chemo and her wig is falling off.

Snake Eyes: Only ONE knife? The night vision goggles are cool.

Wild Bill: Probably a good example. Would be cool if the knife and gun were removable. Removable hat. Cool.

Torpedo: Nice. But what the hell is wrong with his left hand?

Spirit: His face seems so scrunched up. The removable clips are a wierd touch. And that backpack is HUGE!

Stalker: I like the camo. I think they are getting more out of the J.U.M.P. then they did in RAH!

Radioactive (or whateve) Snake Eyes: Seems like such a "limited use" figure.

Lady Jaye: Pleasantly surprised. Does that mean Hasbro listens once in a while? Only thing is, can they get her legs ANY farther apart there?

Destro: Is that a chrome head version 1?

Roadblock: Are he and the other "battle pack" figures cartoon colors?

Baroness: Nice reuse of the Scarlett mold. Granted its a mold reuse, but it makes me hope we can see MORE female Cobra personnel. Especially given the effort they appear to be putitng into these battle packs.

Serpentor: Is he coming with the Air Chariot? Probably not since he has weapons.

Re-read the thread, there *is* a Serpentor included in the Vehicle 2-pack, but the had to use a production figure from Wave 2 as a placeholder.

Why does Steeler, for example, have a gun holster if its empty? And the Tele-Viper had some interesting gear, which he won't have here.

We've been going thru this for years, it still boggles my mind how the older fans still ask these questions. There is a high volume of very sensitive pre-production stuff being shipped to and assembled at Toy Fair. Lots of times little things get forgotten, prototypes suffer damage in transit, and the people assembling the display have a limited knowledge of what they're doing. Sometimes, *many times* really, what's on display is only indicative of the things we're getting, not *exactly* what we're getting.

TF Flint: Something tells me he's getting his hand traded. After all that's the only reason he's here.

I have no idea what that means, but TF Flint is there because he's part of Wave 4 '08.

Roadblock: It kinda looks like that jacket/vest/whatever is removable.

Roadblock is a straight repaint of the first version, with a new vest. We covered that when the original photos were released.

B.A.T.: I don't think he comes with enough accessories. What's with that big tank on his back? I wonder if both hands are detachable.

The BAT comes with more accessories than the original, 2 backpacks (the second one is for the mutated creeper vines from Marvel #44, the spiked balls on the bottom are the creeper vine pods), 3 different hands, a second head, and a removable "battle damaged" chest-plate! What more do you honestly need here???

Snake Eyes: Only ONE knife? The night vision goggles are cool.

Prototypes at Toy Fair are typically incomplete. Someone probably thought they sent a redundant knife as a back-up,and left it off the display.

Torpedo: Nice. But what the hell is wrong with his left hand?

Does it matter? The figure is already in stores, and there's nothing wrong with the production-level toys, so the prototype is worthless at this point.

Roadblock: Are he and the other "battle pack" figures cartoon colors?

Hence they come in boxed sets with DVDs of the 5-part miniseries from the Sunbow era. Yes.

Armadillo: I always thought it was an unrealistic vehicle. But I liked it because of the small size. I wonder what the deal is with that satchel on the side.

Tanks often have bags of gear hanging off the sides in combat, because of the limited space inside.

I'm liking all of these alot, because they can still work in a RAH vehicle collection. I hope they're successful - I can't wait to get a Stinger and MOBAT done like this!

Tanks often have bags of gear hanging off the sides in combat, because of the limited space inside.

I'm liking all of these alot, because they can still work in a RAH vehicle collection. I hope they're successful - I can't wait to get a Stinger and MOBAT done like this!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading (only a few days ago, as a matter of fact) that in one of the Hasbro Q&A sessions that there was mention of a Cobra Stinger in the works sometime down the road...and since the original VAMP with modern makeover is a done deal, perhaps that's not such a far-fetched thing to look forward to...

But again, I may be dreaming...does anyone else remember someone at Hasbro saying something about the Stinger?

This is a very exciting reveal for me. I'm very glad to have smaller vehicles back on the market, especially one I want like the Trubble Bubble and RAM. The figures they've put out so far are cool, but we have seen many of them posted in other places. I can't wait to get that Black Hiss, definitely want two of those. The entertainment packs are pretty cool, dunno if I want all of them yet. I'm gonna pass on some of them since I really don't want so many repaints, but the items they come with are cool so it might be difficult to do so. Its been a while since we've seen so much product, so we really should appreciate the large quantity of items we have coming to us.