OMG the new minimates that just came out are AWESOME!

EvilHayato

i just bought all of series 19 and a chunk of series 20.. as well as half of DC's series 7. These are by far the best minimates designed and made in a long time.

Series 19 ultron is friggin amazing looking, Apocalypse is awesome looking but he cant really be posed as the wires are affixed place on his elbows so he cant really bend them too much. archangel comes with his death mask which is amazing and unexpected. Mysterio is also awesome, spidey... yeah same old same old. but mysterio was well worth it. I only bought hawkeye and vision from series 20 and they are pretty sweet as well.

In the DC wave from what i bought, The flash and gorilla grodd are quite an amazing set, as well as batman and clayface. Batman comes with hair so that you can take his mask off which is awesome. Grodd comes with a skull that is the same size as his head and can fit on him like a head with his hair being able to fit on as well. All my friends cant figure out wtf the skull is all about, if anyone can clarify what its significance is that would be awesome.

But yeah im very very pleased with these minimates. I hope they announce that they arent cancelled or going anywhere anytime soon this weekend.

i thought those marvel ones came out next week?

nah my comic store i guess got them in early? i knew they were hitting this month and their release date was all over the place. They are friggin sweet though... definitely when you guys see them pick them up.. they are well worth the monies.. as well as the DC ones... i applaud diamond for distributing these and art asylum for making them... holy eff...

from what my friend says archangels wings dont attach the same as hawkmans do. Mysterio's dome is just a dome head, nothing special inside or anything.

heres some pics for you.

utlronwarbird.jpg

behindultron.jpg

ultrons head is hollow with transparent red plastic so that light can pass thru to look like hes active. my favorite of the newbs.

mysteriospidey.jpg

mysterioheadoff.jpg

more scroll down..

and for those curious about the DC minimates i got here you go....

maskedflashgrodd.jpg

unmaskedflashgrodd.jpg

no idea what the hell the skull is all about tho...

maskedbatsclay.jpg

unmaskedbatsclay.jpg

AWESOME how did you get the new marvel ones i thought Wednesday was the release day?

It seems like his comic book store got them early. :)

They do look very, very sweet!

is that mis marvels hair? :D

Yeah I checked the list and there is nothing on the list about minimates this week maybe next week! Strange you're shop got them in early though some how!! So any word on if the minimates marvel line up is dead yet or what ?.. Seems sort of pointless almost buying this wave if it is yknow ...

i wouldnt say its pointless to buy this wave if the line is dead... this is one of the best waves of minimates they have made... and if you are a collector of minimates in general id say snatch them up.. why would it be pointless?? not like they are going to go transition to hasbro like marvel legends did... then i d say its almost pointless... :D

and yeah that is ms marvels hair... also they show a new wave of marvel minimates at toyfair.... but they definitely dont seem as awesome as 19 and 20 are...

EvilHayato, thanks for the info and pics. Very nice, can't wait for my LCS to get them in. Love the wings and mask on Archangel.

Also, nice to know Marvel MMs aren't dead just yet! Looking forward to waves 21,22 and especially 23.

no problem uderay, this series is awesome...

so you say you cant wait for series 23?? who is in 23?? from the pics, it looks like the series nova and war machine are in is series 21 and then the ironman movie ones are possibly series 22.... (which i didnt even know they were doing an ironman series set) does that mean they are going to be doing a hulk series set as well?

heres the others in case anybody was curious:

100_3496.JPG

100_3497.JPG

100_3498.JPG

whats up with the extra feet for hulk?

did anybody else notice the the movie mj and gwen arent wearing underwear? or am i the only pervert lol

I have an extra apoc and hawkeye if anybody is interested

they look pretty cool jjlecaros! i was debating on buy the smart hulk abomination set but im not a fan of smart hulk so much.. and i have no idea why they would come with extra sets of feet... they dont look like they are at all different.. are they? I was also bummed to have found the angel fig to not be the true angel with actual angel wings like hes supposed to.. bummer.

I think the other feet are there to make the figs taller so they more closely resemble the bigger charactors. Apparently Marvel can't legally do bigger figures like DC minimates can, and this is a legal loop-hole work-around.

im not sure if thats what it is or not.. if that is the case, then that makes for one ugly looking way of doing things.. but there have been big characters previously that have the bulgy chest but no extra feet... whats with the minimates lately being so cryptic and obscure with some of their accessories... i.e. the monkey skull for grodd etc etc. ?

Yep I got them too! They are sweet as usual!~