From Pixels to Plastic Master Thread

PixelDan

pixbanner.gif

Hey gang! I just wanted to take a moment to share with you my new series. This isn't your typical video game review show. The purpose of this show is to take a look into the side of video games you don't see covered as often. That being video game toys and collectibles! I wanted to do something different and something that I knew well. I know I'm not the only guy out there who enjoys video game toys and collectibles, so I hope others will appreciate what I am doing here.

As of Episode 3, the show is now presented by RetrowareTV.com, a fantastic gaming site with a lot of great video game related videos including Video Game Take-Out, The Happy Video Game Nerd, Destroy the Humanoid, and of course Retroware TV! You can find every new episode of P2P posted at www.RetrowareTV.com as they are released. I will also link to them here.

I also have my own forum for the show over at RetrowareTV.com, so feel free to stop by and leave feedback or suggestions for future episodes! And don't forget to check out all of the other great shows while you're there!

Thank you all in advance for taking the time to check out the show. I hope at least some of you enjoy! :)

Episode 1- The Legend of Zelda

Episode 2- Mega Man

Episode 3- Animal Crossing

Episode 4- Donkey Kong the Board Game

Mega Man Revisited

Episode 5- Viewtiful Joe

Epsiode 6- Super Mario Bros. Stage Figures

Episode 7- Super Mario Bros. The Movie Toys

Episode 8- Street Fighter II GI Joes

Episode 9- Mortal Kombat GI Joes

Episode 10- Wizard World Chicago 2008

The Legend of Zelda Revisited - The N64 Era

Episode 11- The Legend of Zelda Board Game

You can also click the banner in my signature to be taken straight to the From Pixels to Plastic page on RetrowareTV.com!

Also, you can also subscribe to me on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/Mandalorian30 . The more subscriptions, the better!

Thanks all!

-Mandalorian30 (aka Pixel Dan)

Header of topic amended. There ya go Mando. #US1#

Great job on these. I can tell a difference in the quality from the first episode to the second (way better audio).

Onto the figures: I had the Ocarina of Time Link/Ganondorf/Zelda three pack that I bought from Gamestop back when the game was just out. How many rupees did that last Majora's Mask young Link set you back? I've never seen him, even on Ebay. He's definitely a figure I'd love to own.

I've also got a small (compared to yours) Megaman collection, mostly comprised of the Jazzwares stuff with a Rockman Gutsman model thrown in. I've got other videogame figures too, but I'll wait for future episodes to give my opinion of them if you cover them. It's cool to see some other videogame figure fans here, so keep the show coming!

i would agree, not too bad... im a big video game figure nerd... ive seen and own alot of random video game figs... its nice that alot of companies... i.e. NECA grabbing game licenses and making sick ass figures for them..

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed! And yes, the qulaity should hopefully be improving as I move forward. Best way to learn is to do it, right? :)

All of those Majora's Mask figures cost me a pretty penny. But they seem to be even more rare now than they were when I bought them. I think I bought them back in 2004 or so, and I probably paid up to about $50 for one or two of those figures. Now, you can hardly ever find them, and when you do, the prices are much higher. So I'm certainly glad I own them! :)

New episode next Saturday! :)

The show's pretty cool, man. Looking forward to the next one! I like the concept lot.

I don't know if you own a lot of peripherals, but it might make for a cool feature at some point....showing stuff like the massive controller from Capcom's Steel Battalion, the Power Glove, Sega's Virtual On Twin sticks or Samba the Amigo's maracas for Dreamcast. Just something I'm suggesting.

Keep it up!

Episode 3 is now available! I think you will all enjoy it. It's definitely my favorite one so far. You should all notice an improvement in quality as well. :)

Episode 3- Animal Crossing

If you haven't already, be sure to head over to my YouTube page and SUBSCRIBE!

And, help me spread the word about From Pixels to Plastic! DIGG THIS VIDEO!

Let me know what you all think! Thanks gang!

Oh, and 007.00: That's a really good idea about the Peripherals. I've actually thought about that before, and it's a definite possibility in the future. I do, however, need to accuire some of teh more unique peripherals first. Thanks for the input!!

Great episode man! lol @ Real life Animal Crossing :D

I used to be a HUGE animal crossing fan. I played the Cube version every day for 8 months. Pretty crazy now that I look back at it heheh. I played the DS version for 5 months...didn't like it as much for some reason. I really missed the town being divided in acres.

I once thought about getting the AC toys you featured, but the price kept me from importing them. They look very cool though.

I'll be on the look out for the next episode!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed!

The live action Animal Crossing part was a blast to film! Once I got the idea, I knew I had to incormporate it somehow! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Man, that Donkey Kong board game looks pretty fun. Not only that, but my wife could pick it up pretty easily, unlike some other games I've tried to get her to play, like Zombies!!!

Those Animal Crossing toys are brilliant too. Nothing like a relaxing game of AC. I would let my wife know ahead of time that there was a fishing tournament coming up, so that she could pretty much forget about me for a couple of hours :D

Keep up the great work with these episodes ;)

Nice episodes man! I especially like the Zelda one, considering I am currently on the look out for the figures!

I have Link and Ganondorf on horse back, the deku shrub Link, Majoras Mask Link on horseback, One of the windwaker ones.

And a fierce Deity statue! I love it!

I used to have the 3 set but my dad when we moved away took all our stuff..

I hate him..

Anyway well done man, would you be willing to sell me any of those Zelda figures atall! =D

Seriouslly.. Mwahaha!

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like! I did a revisited episode of the Mega Man toys. The quality is a little better than before. You can find it right now on RetrowareTV.com! I'mm be revisiting Zelda as well soon. :)

Sorry...I'm not willing to sell any of my Zelda figures! I love them too much! Awesome that you have the Fierce Deity statue! i'd love to get those statues!!

Episode 5 will be up this weekend!

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like! I did a revisited episode of the Mega Man toys. The quality is a little better than before. You can find it right now on RetrowareTV.com! I'mm be revisiting Zelda as well soon. :)

Sorry...I'm not willing to sell any of my Zelda figures! I love them too much! Awesome that you have the Fierce Deity statue! i'd love to get those statues!!

Ha ha! Fair enough!

Might I asks what figures you have zelda wise?

Only problem is is that I was only around 6-7-8 when I got my Zelda figures, and my Link and Ganondorf I broke, the zelda link and ganon set I lost when moving away from my.. yeah..

And the goron Link I once had was thrown out of the window by my brother about 4 years ago and was smashed into bits.. I couldnt repair it..

Anyway yeah what do ya have!? =]

Ha ha! Fair enough!

Only problem is is that I was only around 6-7-8 when I got my Zelda figures, and my Link and Ganondorf I broke, the zelda link and ganon set I lost when moving away from my.. yeah..

And the goron Link I once had was thrown out of the window by my brother about 4 years ago and was smashed into bits.. I couldnt repair it..

Man, that sucks about your broken figures. Those MM figures are hard to come by now, so you can't even really replace them without spending some dough.

As far as Zelda figures I own, here's what I've got so far:

Nintendo Trophey Figure: Link Vs. Head of Gleeok, MIB

Zelda II Link PVC figure, MOC

Nintendo Power OoT 3-Pack Loose: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf

Joyride Studios OoT Link, loose

MM Link Figure, loose

MM Deku Link figure, loose

MM Zora Link figure, loose

MM Goron Link figure, loose

MM Link w/ Epona, loose

Toy Biz OoT Link w/ Epona, loose

Toy Biz OoT Ganondorf w/ horse, loose

Toy Biz OoT Impa and Zelda w/ horse, loose

WW Link Gashapon, loose

WW Tetra Gashapon, loose

WW Aryll Gashapon, loose

FS Blue Link Gashapon, loose

FS Green Link Gashapon, loose

FS Purple Link Gashapon

FS Red Link Gashapon

TP Link Gashapon

TP Wolf Link w/ Midna Gashapon

TP Zant Gashapon

TP Princess Zelda Gashapon

Ha ha! Fair enough!

Man, that sucks about your broken figures. Those MM figures are hard to come by now, so you can't even really replace them without spending some dough.

As far as Zelda figures I own, here's what I've got so far:

Nintendo Trophey Figure: Link Vs. Head of Gleeok, MIB

Zelda II Link PVC figure, MOC

Nintendo Power OoT 3-Pack Loose: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf

Joyride Studios OoT Link, loose

MM Link Figure, loose

MM Deku Link figure, loose

MM Zora Link figure, loose

MM Goron Link figure, loose

MM Link w/ Epona, loose

Toy Biz OoT Link w/ Epona, loose

Toy Biz OoT Ganondorf w/ horse, loose

Toy Biz OoT Impa and Zelda w/ horse, loose

WW Link Gashapon, loose

WW Tetra Gashapon, loose

WW Aryll Gashapon, loose

FS Blue Link Gashapon, loose

FS Green Link Gashapon, loose

FS Purple Link Gashapon

FS Red Link Gashapon

TP Link Gashapon

TP Wolf Link w/ Midna Gashapon

TP Zant Gashapon

TP Princess Zelda Gashapon

Nice man, I just bought the deku link again and my friend is trading me for the young link on horse..

I also just bidded on the link which the masks go on on ebay =]

Hopefully I'll get it for 30 quid, 60 dollars.. But if not then oh well =[

Anyway man catcha l8r

If you have msn do add me

chazz-goth@hotmail.com

I've updated the first post to reflect every episode posted so far, as well as provide information about the series and RetrowareTV.com. This will remain the master thread for the series here on TNI, so be sure to check back for regular updates, adn don't forget to subscribe to me on YouTube if you enjoy the show. I would appreciate the support!

And don't forget to check out www.RetrowareTV.com. The new episodes will always be posted there first. And they have a ton of other great video game related shows!

Thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 6 on the Super Mario Bros. Stage Figures and Episode 7 on the Super Mario Bros. Movie Toys are now up for your viewing pleasure, and can both be found at this link:

http://www.retrowaretv.com/home/FromPixels...09/Default.aspx

Let me know what you think!

• 1 month later...
Ok man! You have to sell me some zelda or mario stuff! Seriously!

I have quite a bit myself and quite a lotcoming but the stage figures are jst amazing.

I have one but I lost the shell :P

LOL! Sorry man! I can't part with any of my stuff! Love it way too much! :)

Episode 8 is now up on RetrowareTV.com! Street Fighter II GI Joes! It's about halfway down ont eh front page, and should be archived in the "From Pixels to Plastic" section soon!

Also, you guys can check out all of my videos on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/mandalorian30. Please, RATE AND SUBSCRIBE! I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks for looking!

-Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there Mandalorian30!

Hey man, I wanted to talk to you about something..

I have absoloutely tons of nintendo figures and have done for years.. I wanted to know if you wouldn't mind if I in away copied you by making a short series based on only nintendo figures?

I wouldn't really be doing it like you, I would be going quite in depth with the figures and actually going through all the details, just in a way to show others what they are getting and really just how great they truly are!

Please get a reply back to me asap! Thank you very much man!

• 2 months later...

Hey gang!

Just wanted to let you all know that I updated the first post in the thread. All new episodes have been added, and all of the links go directly to the video for easy viewing.

Be sure to check out my newest episodes, including the Revisited Legend of Zelda episode, the Wizard World Chicago special, and the Legend of Zelda Board Game episode!

If you get a chance, be sure to check out www.RetrowareTV.com for a bunch of other great video game related shows!

Thanks!

-Pixel Dan