Wave 6 came today!!!

Devilbat

Okay, I know we all like to do reviews and what-not whenever we get new figures. I just wanted to hit the high spots and just give you all my initial reactions. I'm just so excited about this wave because to me it was a mixed-bag of characters, but a very interesting mixed-bag.

Right off the bat, I pulled Cobra Commander from the case, and I was so thrilled to get this figure. It was one of my absolute favorites as a kid, and I love this update. It's just that I was always so fascinated with a suit of armor for Cobra Commander built by M.A.R.S. that cost as much as a fighter jet and looked vaguely like Darth Vader. I love it. Looking at this figure on the card, I noticed that the much-derided hip-joints really don't look bad at all in person. Not that they bothered me personally from the pics, it's just that they don't look bad like some people think they do. Maybe it's just me since I love this figure and I'm biased, but anyway...

And I love how his weapon and backpack are over-sized. It just makes him look more initimidating. And someone really did a fantastic job on the head/helmet sculpt; it looks as if the helmet's not removeable it's sculpted so well, but knowing that it is removeable is just fantastic. It looks great. But is it really Beachhead's head underneath? On one hand, it bugged me to think they'd do a removeable helmet only to reveal a masked face. What a rip-off!! (lol) But then on the other hand it looks cool, like the protective headwear that drag-racers and pilots wear underneath their helmets. It's just a fantastic-looking figure.

I was expecting Rock'n Roll to be my least-favorite in this wave, but man...really he looks great on the card. Now his card-art is off; it just doesn't look quite right. I mean, it looks okay, but it looks more like card-art from Argentina or Funskool or something. But regardless, I love this figure. Rock'n Roll was one of the original line-up characters I actually owned as a kid, so I have a soft-spot in my heart for this figure.

Torpedo; this new figure is just a complete upgrade of the original in every way. Removeable scuba mask? Check. Great card-art? Check. Added detail and more colors than the original? Check. Awesome awesome awesome figure.

The rest were figures from previous waves. I got a MOMC Serpentor, Crimson Guard, Cobra Jet-pack Trooper, and I got a new Beachhead, but I really wanted one on a mint card. This one has a terrible gouge right behind where the bubble is. I ordered these from bbts.com. I wonder if they'd let me send it back for an exchange?

I just get more and more excited about the 25th Anniversary line each time I get a new figure or wave. If anyone wants pics, I could do some, but why bother? (lol) I just wanted to share my impressions.

Congrats DB!

It's glad to hear someone likes that CC armored as much as I do! :D

I can't wait to get these... you should try contacting Big Bad Toy Store about returning that beat up box because they are really great with customer service at least from what I have seen!

I got my wave 6 from BBTS in today as well . . . (CC, Torpedo, SE, and R&R.)

Torpedo I was so excited about, as he was one of my favorite characters when I was little that they just never got right in figure form. Meaning I could never really have Torpedo to play with. Now I can! This figure is great, from head to toe. The removable mask is perfect, even has a little bit of magnification effect that a real mask has. Backpack with removable oxygen tanks was a very nice touch. Flippers that have pegholes for a stand is another plus. Just a beautiful rendition of the figure. I love it.

Cobra Commander was a very big surprise for me. I was pretty much lukewarm on the figure, just as I was with the original RAH one. But wow, this blew me away. The figure seems to be a more solid than some of the other figures in the line. Everything just works with it. The oversized backpack does indeed make the suit more menacing, and the helmet is a work of art. Combined with the mask he's wearing, it almost gives it a feeling that the inside of the helmet would be some kind of cushy but firm material for maximum comfort when he wears it. Ok, maybe I'm looking too much into it. But is just looks substantial.

R&R - I'm actually pretty disappointed with the figure. The Duke/ Flint arms just ruin the whole thing. It's not something I'm being really picky over, they just seem to detract from the overall feel of the figure. Not to mention they look kind of goofy. So, imagining that R&R has no arms, the rest of figure is pretty decent. I love the headsculpt, band-o-bullets looks good, the gun's a little too much but hell I'll buy it. Overall, if they just chopped the arms off, it'd be a good figure.

Mine shipped today.

You should post pics though!

Quick question: How long did it take from the time you ordered them to the time you received them? This is my first order with BBTS so I'm just wondering what to expect.

Mine shipped today.

Quick question: How long did it take from the time you ordered them to the time you received them? This is my first order with BBTS so I'm just wondering what to expect.

I'll try to get some pics up later this evening. As for how long it took for this wave to arrive, ahh...I think it's been a couple, three weeks maybe? I pre-ordered them, but I honestly don't remember how long it took. I've always been very, very pleased with bbts.com. Reasonable prices, reasonable shipping times, and they pack their items well, and they always seem to come in great shape. As far as customer service goes, I ordered a Robocop 3-D poster sculpture a while back, and it had some paint issues. So I e-mail them and let them know about it, and they said they'd replace it if I would send it back. But then they e-mailed me back and said they'd just go ahead and send me a NEW one free of charge! I was so very pleased. I highly recommend them.

Mine shipped today.

I'll try to get some pics up later this evening. As for how long it took for this wave to arrive, ahh...I think it's been a couple, three weeks maybe? I pre-ordered them, but I honestly don't remember how long it took. I've always been very, very pleased with bbts.com. Reasonable prices, reasonable shipping times, and they pack their items well, and they always seem to come in great shape. As far as customer service goes, I ordered a Robocop 3-D poster sculpture a while back, and it had some paint issues. So I e-mail them and let them know about it, and they said they'd replace it if I would send it back. But then they e-mailed me back and said they'd just go ahead and send me a NEW one free of charge! I was so very pleased. I highly recommend them.

Very cool! I checked on my order today, and it says that it has reached Indianapolis... which is 50 minutes away - after shipping yesterday. So they'll be here either tomorrow or Monday, which is awesome. So far, I'm very happy with BBTS and will probably order wave 7 from them.

I've heard that Wave 6 is shipping with DOUBLE PEGS on each of the figures' stands - a running change. Awesome idea, because now none of my figures will lean in odd directions. It seems like most of the Joes have trouble standing perfectly on their stand, since the peg is positioned on top the logo. Most of my Cobras are fine, except my Air Troopers could use a little more support with their heavy backpacks.

Ahh!! Awesome pics MightyMegs!! I tried to take pics last night, but my camera's not working properly. I think the batteries may be going dead. I'll try again tonight. And Megs...what's that plane in the last pic? Looks like some cool version of the Firebat. Love the pics man...

Ahh!! Awesome pics MightyMegs!! I tried to take pics last night, but my camera's not working properly. I think the batteries may be going dead. I'll try again tonight. And Megs...what's that plane in the last pic? Looks like some cool version of the Firebat. Love the pics man...

It's the Aliens EVAC fighter. I'm going to have to pick one of these up soon and do the same thing. I can only hope that Hasbro would release AVAC for the 25th line.

Very cool pics MightyMegs! What'd you use on your CC mask in your avatar, that looks great too!

My wave 6 case from BBTS came today!

Cobra Commander: honestly thought I wouldn't care for him at all, but it turns out he's my favorite of the bunch! He's got this cool Boba Fett vibe going on, a badass gun, awesome details... I could go on. Super impressed!

Torpedo: This guy is great too! A handful of accessories that go great with him. The peg-holes in the flippers are a great touch too.

Rock n Roll: Well, to say he's the weakest of the bunch still wouldn't be an insult to this guy. I love the detailing on the face, his hair style, the machine gun... just wow. As a plus (and I don't know if anyone else has this with their RnR), he's got this crazy-eye thing going on. If you look at him from an upward angle, it looks like every bit of sanity has left his mind and he's ready to mow down a platoon of Cobras.

My wave 6 case from BBTS came today!

Cobra Commander: honestly thought I wouldn't care for him at all, but it turns out he's my favorite of the bunch! He's got this cool Boba Fett vibe going on, a badass gun, awesome details... I could go on. Super impressed!

Torpedo: This guy is great too! A handful of accessories that go great with him. The peg-holes in the flippers are a great touch too.

Rock n Roll: Well, to say he's the weakest of the bunch still wouldn't be an insult to this guy. I love the detailing on the face, his hair style, the machine gun... just wow. As a plus (and I don't know if anyone else has this with their RnR), he's got this crazy-eye thing going on. If you look at him from an upward angle, it looks like every bit of sanity has left his mind and he's ready to mow down a platoon of Cobras.

Must be the Rock and Roll from G.I.joe Reloaded. :)

-Kevin