Ka-Zar, Shanna and Zabu box-set!!!

NITROCALYPSE

hey all again,

i came across yet another shocking sight while roaming around the net. apparently there is going to be a boxset with the following: Ka-zar, Shanna, and Zabu!!! the info is supposively coming from the one Hasbro hired to do this boxset expected to debut at San Diego Comic Con. anyway, here's the link to the info i came across....(just scroll down to the bottom replies of the page of the link). EXCITING!

funny you mention this,

i was just looking at my Ka-zar Sabu Toybiz Pre Legends Boxset thats been sitting in my basement

i thought that was too random and that we'd probably wouldnt see something like that again

and then..... well i'll wait til i see it

sure would be cool though

hey all again,

i came across yet another shocking sight while roaming around the net. apparently there is going to be a boxset with the following: Ka-zar, Shanna, and Zabu!!! the info is supposively coming from the one Hasbro hired to do this boxset expected to debut at San Diego Comic Con. anyway, here's the link to the info i came across....(just scroll down to the bottom replies of the page of the link). EXCITING!

http://forum.livewireworld.com/viewtopic.php?p=79608

I love the idea that we might be getting for a number of reasons.

1. it will stop the x-men fans from moaning.

2. i'm goin to SDCC this year and i as hoping for a great exclusive.(not just she-hulk again)

3. it a c-list x-men character with a Hot wife and a Saber Tooth Tiger for a pet what not to like.

I remeber these characters from the X-men cartoons. I don't read x-men like my other comics but if they are high cailber figures I'll buy them plus from what I see on the forums they are really popular later down the road I might use them for trade on something if demand is still high for them.

If true, this would be a pretty significant ML milestone: the first true animal. They've done "animal people" like Beast and Sasquatch, and an alien insect (Brood queen), but this would be the first regular animal they've attempted. Hasbro should be commended for trying something different from the standard humanoid form.

And if they can pull this off successfully, maybe they could even do Lockjaw someday. I think Lockjaw would make a pretty neat BAF. Are there any more prominent figure-sized animals (i.e., not unarticulated pack-ins like Redwing) out there to be made?

If done right I'll get them, but I'm rather doubtful they'll turn out great, they'll likely to turn out just ok. *sigh*

ka-zar cool. somehow i smell a namor repaint @loll@

Hmm... With a new head and a loincloth, that's probably a good bet... although I like Ka-Zar with boots, myself.

Repaint Tigra sans tail... Instant Shanna!

Yeah, these would be such easy repaints that Hasbro would be kinda stupid not to do them.

And if they can pull this off successfully, maybe they could even do Lockjaw someday. I think Lockjaw would make a pretty neat BAF. Are there any more prominent figure-sized animals (i.e., not unarticulated pack-ins like Redwing) out there to be made?

Yep, Aragorn (winged-horse shared by Black Knight and Valkyrie). He's been on my personal BAF list since TB/Marvel Toys was running the show. While Lockjaw is way up there on my "want list", he's always seemed a bit small for an adequate BAF. Then again, they do seem to be getting smaller every series, so "why not"?

Cool news about the Kazar set (would have killed for this about 5 years ago). I've become more of a "cherry-picker" lately and have neglected my Legends collecting, but if it's not too hard to come by I'd probably get one.

Yep, Aragorn (winged-horse shared by Black Knight and Valkyrie). He's been on my personal BAF list since TB/Marvel Toys was running the show. While Lockjaw is way up there on my "want list", he's always seemed a bit small for an adequate BAF. Then again, they do seem to be getting smaller every series, so "why not"?

Cool news about the Kazar set (would have killed for this about 5 years ago). I've become more of a "cherry-picker" lately and have neglected my Legends collecting, but if it's not too hard to come by I'd probably get one.

yea i instantly thought of Aragorn as well. would work as Dreadknight's ride too i suppose.... can't recall the name of that one....damn!

anywho, what the hay is up with no Sauron! if this boxset is true, how could there not be a Sauron, right?

If true, this would be a pretty significant ML milestone: the first true animal. They've done "animal people" like Beast and Sasquatch, and an alien insect (Brood queen), but this would be the first regular animal they've attempted. Hasbro should be commended for trying something different from the standard humanoid form.

i thought humans are animals too... lol.

If true, this would be a pretty significant ML milestone: the first true animal. They've done "animal people" like Beast and Sasquatch, and an alien insect (Brood queen), but this would be the first regular animal they've attempted.

What, Redwing with Falcon doesn't count? Or the Toad in Toad's hand?

valinor, is bloodwraith's black, winged horse, but i don't know dreadknight's.

toy biz had an animal, the hulk dog. but i'd sooner forget that one. however, maybe hasbro can retool it into lockjaw? they weren't that different, as i recall.

i'd love to see maggott with articulated (or at least bendy) maggots.

locksteed (the 'x-baby' version of lockheed, where he was a fullsize dragon)

i know they weren't marvel characters, but LOTR had the horses as well as shelob the spider, which were great. i don't have the horses but i have shelob and she is wonderful. so it is possible to make sweet, realistic, in-scale animal action figures. can hasbro do it? doubtful, but hopeful