NO X-Men at ToyFair 2008!!!!

FLOATON

Okay, so the reports are slowly coming in... And I am going to be one seriously unhappy collector if I don't get any new X-Men figures this year! I must remind Hasbro that there is a reason why the X-Men books are always at the top of the charts!

I appreciate the X-Men listed in the brood wave and I even appreciate the X-Men wal-mart two packs repaints from last year. But in the big scheme of things the X-Men are not getting their just deserve. Both Fantastic Four and Spidey already got their own Marvel Legends wave in 07. Now you guys are going to give Iron-Man and Hulk a rediculous amount of unnecessary figures in 08. Oh and lets not forget about Spidey who has a BILLION freaking figures already....

I want more X-men! With Wolverine coming out in 2009 and a new x-men cartoon for 2008 we shouldn't have any problems giving us collectors their X-Men fix!

Seriously Hasbro... I am a hardcore fan who has collected X-Men since the very begining toy biz days of the early 90's. Don't pass off on the X-Men for a whole year. That is really dumb if you do...

post-13354-1203041795_thumb.jpg

Okay, so the reports are slowly coming in... And I am going to be one seriously unhappy collector if I don't get any new X-Men figures this year! I must remind Hasbro that there is a reason why the X-Men books are always at the top of the charts!

I appreciate the X-Men listed in the brood wave and I even appreciate the X-Men wal-mart two packs repaints from last year. But in the big scheme of things the X-Men are not getting their just deserve. Both Fantastic Four and Spidey already got their own Marvel Legends wave in 07. Now you guys are going to give Iron-Man and Hulk a rediculous amount of unnecessary figures in 08. Oh and lets not forget about Spidey who has a BILLION freaking figures already....

I want more X-men! With Wolverine coming out in 2009 and a new x-men cartoon for 2008 we shouldn't have any problems giving us collectors their X-Men fix!

Seriously Hasbro... I am a hardcore fan who has collected X-Men since the very begining toy biz days of the early 90's. Don't pass off on the X-Men for a whole year. That is really dumb if you do...

Lol!!! @loll@

I agree (except for the Hulk Thing you mention).

@ leaset a EXCLUSIVE set with the original Classic yellow & Blue costumes & JUBILEE!!!! Where is JUBILEE!!

Professor X in his Hover chair included in the set. PLEASE make the articulation 30 pOA & More!!

Not very happy with some of the things Hasbro made so far (BROOD NO PTO ON LEGGS TORSO & ETC).

BLOB & Annihilus was the bst thus far.

**COME ON HASBRO!!!!!!! I STILL have faith that you can turn this around!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see, last year there were FF and Spidey movies and this year we have an Iron man and HUlk movies coming out, so that's why we got those Legends lines. I'm sure that we'll get a Wolvie Legends line next year. I doubt we'll get an X-men centric line this year and if we do it'll be an animated line.

Lets see, last year there were FF and Spidey movies and this year we have an Iron man and HUlk movies coming out, so that's why we got those Legends lines. I'm sure that we'll get a Wolvie Legends line next year. I doubt we'll get an X-men centric line this year and if we do it'll be an animated line.

I realize the whole movie theme connection... It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I also realize that the past performance of both a hulk and iron man themed lines have totally sucked in the past while Toy Biz was producing them. And don't even start trying to bad mouth Toy Biz... Toy Biz was in fact able to push production and sales even when characters didn't have a movie or cartoon to fall back on. Now that is not to say they never capitalized on the whole movie media connection but non-the-less those lines sucked anyway.

Face the facts boys... X-Men has a huge fan base with or without any media behind it to push the products forward. Toy Biz went how many years with their X-Men figures that never had that media besides that 1990's cartoon. Without Toy Biz I don't think Wolverine would've been such a household name. Why??? Cause there is freaking wolverine figures everywhere!!! Other than Spiderman, I don't know who is now a bigger name other than Wolverine.

Toy Biz started producing X-Men figures back in the early early 1990's... Its now 2008 almost 20 years later and you are going to tell me now that Hasbro has the rights they should just stop a cash cow like the X-Men line??? That idea is almost as dumb as Hasbro's 5 inch Spidey line from last year.

post-13354-1203049218_thumb.jpg

I must be in heaven if we're not getting any X-Men figures this year.

yeah i see what your saying about alotta Spidey figs out there but there are already a bunch of X-Men out there!

Hasbro has already put out : Banshee, Juggernaut, Ult Wolvie x2, Xorn, Movie Jean Grey x2, Movie Beast, Movie Colossus, Quicksilver x2,Cyclops, Marvel Girl x3, Cable and Marvel Girl, Cannonball and Domino, Emma Frost, TRU Emma Frost, TRU Silver Wolverine and Black Queen

so c'mon they have indeed put out alot of X Figures, they may not necessarily be the exact ones you want but they have put out a lot of X-men already

and im sure there will be a flood when the Wolverine Movie is released

and im sure they will continue to throw a few in with each Legends wave, they said Spiral is coming up in Wave 5

so yeah gives us some variety like Iron Man, Hulk, Spidey Villains... INHUMANS! Thunderbolts! etc etc

No X-Men line this year, It's Iron Man and Hulks turn. Wolverine and X-Men i'm sure with get their chance in the spotlight again next year though we knoe some X-Men characters like Beast and Spiral are coming in ML.

and toy fair coverage begins SATAURDAY afternoon with Hasbro.

1) You have no idea what will or wont be shown in TF as Toy Fair hasn't even bugun yet, so calm down little guy.

2) I'd be happy without any X-figures for a while, it seemed to be the focus for ToyBiz for quite some time. There's been 16...count them...sixteen waves of figures that have included at least one X-Men or x-villain (more often than not, two figures per wave) since ToyBiz brought out the Legends line. Not to forget the X-Men line itself, which was...gasp...devoted entirely to X-teams.

I'd like to see Hasbro take an approach similar to Mattel and go with a Marvel Universe line, focusing on the broader aspects of the MU rather than core characters being re-hashed time and time again. If I'm correct, isn't the 1:18th scale line titled Marvel Universe? Too early to speculate, but I'm assuming we'll get mainly Avengers, X-Men and Spidey figs out of that.

Face the facts boys... X-Men has a huge fan base with or without any media behind it to push the products forward. Toy Biz went how many years with their X-Men figures that never had that media besides that 1990's cartoon.

you answered your own question dude

the 90s had a cartoon for almost every major marvel character,and saturday morning cartoons were alot bigger than they are today,they ran commercials for toys back then

the only toy commercials i ever see are like power rangers and ben ten

name me a time that toybiz put out xmen product with out any media behind it in recent years (ML years)

never

the xmen classics were always out when there was a movie out

spiderman is the only thing they constantly pushed because he is such a huge icon

walk down the street and ask people to name a super hero,your average people are going to say batman,superman,or spiderman,not jubilee or colossus

just do the x-men they havent did yet.

jubillee

morph

warpath

new cannonball (x-men suit)

etc etc

you do realize that there are far more xmen than that not done yet right?

i hope

Considering that Spiral & Holocaust are being done , your "no X-men in 08" cry carries no weight. I for one will be happy to see a mutant free yr out of the ML line. Maybe Hasbro will finally give us the non-mutant MU characters that TB kept neglecting in order to saturate the line with mostly X-related heroes/villians.

Since 02' people have been begging for more IM villians such as Crymson dynamo, Titanium man, Grey Gargoyle, Stiltman, to no avail. Maybe this is the yr we get those characters done & I hope it will be in a seperate IM line that is NOT Mmovie related cuz then they'll just screw up the look of the figures. I want comic accurate versions, not crap movie versions!

Deny it all you want, X- fans, but the vast majority of A & B list heroes & villains have been done except for classic Sunfire, Thunderbird, Forge, Polaris & a couple of villians such as Nimrod & Sauron. Other than that, I would much rather see a comic accurate, classic Titanium man done than a figure of Boom Boom or Jubilee!

How about the love for the rest of Alpha Flight or the Squadron Supreme fans? Where's my Gladiator figure so he can destroy the X-men?

Spidey? Unless they're finally making figs of Tarantula & Stegron, there aren't too many bad or good guys left in the Spidey Universe that I really care to see done as figures. Redos of the same ol, same ol ain't cutting it for me anymore.

Hasbro needs to make figs based on enemies of the Avengers such as Count Nefaria, a "REAL" classic Perez Ultron, the Wrecking crew, Tiger shark, Mr Hyde, Goliath & Baron Helmut Zemo!

Thor enemies such as Ulik & a classic Loki.

Stop being selfish & greedy X-fans, the MU is more than just X-men ya know.

okay you all need to relax. they have only mentioned the lines that are coming out next year. Spider-man will alway have a line out ( he the batman of marvel) and the fact that Iron-man and Hulk have a movie coming out mean that they need a line of their own.

I mean we haven't even heard what ML's are coming out ( not including hulk) and we know that ML is half avengers and half X-men. also romour is going round that we might be getting supporting cast in Kazar and Shanna and Zabu in SDCC.

so in other word stop complaining and be glad your getting somethiing.

I must be in heaven if we're not getting any X-Men figures this year.

i hear you man. TBML was filled with x-characters, even with XMC. i say let the avengers have the "most action based on a team" role for a while.

besides, no x-characters means no more wolverines for a while!