The Cobra Immortals

alleyviperelite

This is my interpretation of The Plague. That name never sounded right to me so I renamed them The Immortals as soon as I got the SB/Plague pack in hand. I had struggled to fill out my ranks until the GI Joe issue that introduced the rest of the team. Some of them I liked, some of them I didn't. Some I kept unchanged, some I altered a bit, and some got dropped altogether. So here is what I got so far.

L to R: Envee, Skullbuster, Purgatory, Blackout, Guillotine, Gallows, Velocity, Razorclaw, and Vanguard

Immortals001.jpg

Envee is a left over from my first custom team The Alley Viper Elite. I wrote them out of My GI Joe World except for two who came to The Immortals. Envee is the last of the original Night Vipers and moved into the Alley Viper ranks when Cobra Commander disbanded the NVs.

Enveerotation.jpg

Skullbuster is a custom that I finished several months ago and I posted it then. Nothing new here but I figure I'll post it with the rest of the team.

SkullbusterEvolutionFront.jpg

Purgatory is the other left over from The Alley Viper Elite. I've posted this one as well and explained her name change from Baby to Purgatory.

PurgatotyEvolutionFront.jpg

Gallows is the team's heavy gunner. I stuck to his roots as a SAW Viper but changed his look drastically. My buddy told me he looked like a Dreadnok but I think Cobra needs a rough looking guy in the ranks. The double gatling gun is made from two of Roadblock's guns and is my tribute to Rock & Roll V2's weapon. I loved those as a kid and wanted something bigger and badder now. Still working on the ammo belts for it.

Gallowsrotation.jpg

Velocity was a standout in the issue he debuted in. Again I changed his look but kept the characteristics. Jetpack is made from a knockoff Undertow sled and an Eel's pack with JVC Flint backpack straps.

Velocityrotation.jpg

I thought Razorclaw needed to be more than Razor Trooper leader and I loved the V2 blades. He is the team's answer to Snake Eyes. The headpiece plays into the bio I drafted where he underwent surgery to tie the blade operations into his brain. Gotta take that extra step to be in Cobra's elite.

Razorclawrotation.jpg

And there is Vanguard. I liked the idea of CC getting into the youth's mind. I took Vanguard the extra step and figured CC had him enlist in the Marines until he defected. Would have been a candidate for GI Joe but failed the psychiatrist's exam. Even more disenfranchised, he went AWOL and was given a spot in The Immortals.

Vanguard.jpg

And I don't have pictures of Blackout and Guillotine but very little has changed on them. I cut the hoses off of Guillotine's helmet. Blackout got arms from a Night Creeper and Switch Gears' waist.

More to come, let me know what you think so far.

Great job on them all, they look good.

Thanks for the replies.

Those look great, nice job.

Love the name but don't you think the CGI's may take issue with it? ;)

Since I phased RAH from my display collection I phased out every troop that wasn't made in New sculpt form. Hence the remark about CC disbanding the Night Vipers. So since there are no CGI's in my collection that left the name wide open for use.