I'm on a big Tiger Force kick right now...

DPrime

Well, I've almost collected every figure I originally set out to get - every figure from '83 to '86 in mint condition. The only ones I'm missing are the ones in my sig (that aren't really missing - I just need specific parts to have "perfect" versions for my collection), an AVAC, tan Clutch and '85 Tomax and Xamot, which I guess I haven't felt like I needed so far since I got the reissue one from the ARAH Collection series. I'm missing some oddities such as a Listen 'n' Fun Tripwire and the Mission Brazil guys, but I never really set out to get those.

As a result, I've been venturing out into some other sections of the RAH years. I didn't really like the Tiger Force stuff as a kid - although I loved getting the chance to get older figures I had missed before, like Duke and Roadblock V1, I didn't really like the colours - but now I'm liking them quite a bit. It's such an interesting group to collect, what with the foreign exclusives and later figures such as the Tiger Force 5-pack from TRU a few years back and those convention figures from the MC set of '05, and now we've got a TF Flint coming out for the 25th Anniversary.

I never thought I'd get into Tiger Force stuff - I even sold a minty TF Bazooka a while ago because I thought I'd never want it, and now I regret it. In fact, I've found myself getting the straight-arms from '82 as well, and regretting selling a CC (thankfully not a Mickey Mouse version) a few years back too. I'm also getting heavily into the foreign figures... I mean, it's great that there's such a great selection of stuff to collect in this hobby, but I'm almost scared to think that once I get all this stuff, I'll start wanting to get the Battleforce 2000 stuff, or, even worse, Eco-Warriors, Star Brigade, and all that other crap!

Anyone else experience this?

I was that way years ago... but then I just started to love making Sub-Teams, so I then got into it...... I need to get half the Tiger Force Vehicles , aswell as the Brazilian Shipwreck..... after that I'll have a complete Tiger force.

TigerForce.jpg

Huh , I loved making Subteams so much I did stuff like Expanding my Sky Patrol and Night Force.......aswell as making teams such as my Polar Defense , and Communication & Electronics.

I was that way years ago... but then I just started to love making Sub-Teams, so I then got into it...... I need to get half the Tiger Force Vehicles , aswell as the Brazilian Shipwreck..... after that I'll have a complete Tiger force.

Awesome pic... Yeah, I've got the Brazilian Shipwreck on the way already, and I've got half the Euro ones. Vehicle-wise I need them all except the Paw, but I need more shelves before I start with vehicles.

Strangely, what I find really difficult is the standard North American ones - Tripwire in particular always seems to have a cracked elbow, and it's always the one I need! If ANYONE can help me out with that, please let me know!

Forgot about the Chinese "Flint", too. People always seem to have MOC versions of that figure for cheap... Anyone want a buyer? I need a TF Falcon too...

Huh , I loved making Subteams so much I did stuff like Expanding my Sky Patrol and Night Force.......aswell as making teams such as my Polar Defense , and Communication & Electronics.

Do you have any pics of the expanded Sky Patrol?

TigerForce.jpg

dude, what about the BRAZIL (Forca Tigre)??

Here you go man..... I have to take a new picture though , cause I totally forgot to put Ripcord and Starduster in the pic, and at the time I didn't have Hollowpoint .

SkyPatrol.jpg

I love Sky Patrol its by far my favorite sub group, not sure if pilots should be included but to each their own excellent shot man ^_^

Here you go man..... I have to take a new picture though , cause I totally forgot to put Ripcord and Starduster in the pic, and at the time I didn't have Hollowpoint .

SkyPatrol.jpg

I love Sky Patrol its by far my favorite sub group, not sure if pilots should be included but to each their own excellent shot man ^_^

I said What the Heck..... I mean they're call The "Sky" Patrol , not the Paratrooper Patrol..... So why limit it , when logically Pilots should be part of a group named "Sky Patrol" you know what I mean...... not to mention if there weren't any pilots , how would the paratroops get up there.

Sorry I'm just ranting...LOL :D

SkyPatrol.jpg

I said What the Heck..... I mean they're call The "Sky" Patrol , not the Paratrooper Patrol..... So why limit it , when logically Pilots should be part of a group named "Sky Patrol" you know what I mean...... not to mention if there weren't any pilots , how would the paratroops get up there.

Sorry I'm just ranting...LOL :D

I'm a Paratrooper so I love the Sky Patrol subset and I've always looked at it as just Paratroopers too but you're right, how would we jump if we didn't have pilots?

Also, you're missing the Major Altitude mailaway that came with Interragator, and the VvV Slipstream and Sgt. Airborne(black & silver one). And why is Fast Draw in there? He's ordanance.

TigerForce.jpg

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I didn't realize there were this many TFs. Thanks.

Yeah.... Well I wasn't going to do any head swapping with my subgroups like this, and that Major Altitude had a mustache, which makes them look toomuch like each other ,so I didn't put that version in there( if they both had clean face then I would've)......

I need an opened VvV Slipstream, I have a sealed one but he's put away with the Thunderwing...

I only have one of the Black Sgt Airbornes, and I put him with my Night Force.......

and well Just look at I just kept looking at Fast Draw , and well his gear that he has on sorta looks like he'd be part of an aircraft crew/even a jumper.

• 2 weeks later...

SkyPatrol.jpg

cool pic man!! few ?s y do u have Fast draw and Keel haul in there? and where is Hollow Point?

Tiger-Force is one of the few subsets I liked--but it was only the vehicles, not the figures.

I loathed the Python Patrol opponents though, I thought their decos were the ugliest things going, and i still do.

Despite the silliness of the camo design on the Tiger-Force rides, I thought they made for VERY attractive toys--really colourful with good eye-catching contrasts.

The Night Force figures were the other set I though made sense, and the Marauders vehicles were reasonably decoed too. Most of the rest.......ppft, did very little for me.

Tiger-Force is one of the few subsets I liked--but it was only the vehicles, not the figures.

I loathed the Python Patrol opponents though, I thought their decos were the ugliest things going, and i still do.

Despite the silliness of the camo design on the Tiger-Force rides, I thought they made for VERY attractive toys--really colourful with good eye-catching contrasts.

The Night Force figures were the other set I though made sense, and the Marauders vehicles were reasonably decoed too. Most of the rest.......ppft, did very little for me.

It's weird how Tiger Force, Python Patrol and Slaughter's Marauders have grown on me. I didn't think I'd want to collect these when I started back up a few years ago. You're right about the vehicles - the TF aircraft especially (after seeing pics of real aircraft decoed up like that for what I think was called "Tiger Meet" or something like that). The SM vehicles are great, and have great realistic camo jobs on them.

For TF in particular, I think it was the rarer international figures that gave it some extra appeal, too. Night Force I like also, but the vehicles look terrible with those red parts. I can do without them, especially given their prices, but the figures are nice enough that I'll want an entire set. Some of them don't look right to me though - Falcon, Outback and Tunnel Rat especially - but I'll still get them eventually. So far all I have is Crazylegs, by far my favourite NF figure.

Python Patrol... I'm not sure what it was. I didn't like them at first, but it somehow grew on me.

Not to be a tool, but I have a TF Shipwreck ('Marujo') on ebay right now if anyone else needs one. Check my sig. :)

BTW, anyone have or know where I can get a TF Blizzard helmet? (Mine is complete except for that)

I've pretty much accepted that I'll never have the TF Hit-n-Run. Soemone always beats me to that one. :(

Cool idea , his name is "Tiger"claw .....LOL

Hey if you need a Blizzard theres one on Ebay right now .....and I think there's also a Psych-Out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiger-Force-Blizzard-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-TIGER-FORCE-PSY...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm gonna wait and see if I can get a minty loose Blizzard, no hurry there. I've already got Psych-Out, Hit and Run and Outback, and I just got Marujo in the mail on Friday. Still waiting on Ar Puro, which is also on the way.

AFS, do you have that foreign figure book Ron Connor put out? There's a Funskool version of Crazylegs that has yellow tiger-stripe camo paints and a red shirt...

I don't have that book , but I do know what figure you're talking about ... cause I have him ..... infact if anyone is wondering here's what I've added to my Sky Patrol , that's missing from my main pic....(I just haven't had time to take a new picture)

NewAdds.jpg

I just need these two guys and a Glenda :) and I think i'm totally finished with my Sky Patrol (figure wise)

Aguia.jpg

Albatroz.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my Ar Puro, thought I'd share my current Tiger Force team...

TigerForce.jpg

I've got a TF Duke and Tripwire as well, but I won't display them until I upgrade them with uncracked elbows. Come to think of it, I've got a Dusty too, but he needs a new waist piece and his accessories...

I guess the random shelf I put these guys on gives you an idea of my somewhat random taste in reading, too! ;)