Venom movie info - NOT Spidey4

TEMPE5T

Between these two reports it would appear a Venom movie is very likely. If Marvel does not have the Spidey movie rights, Venom would have to carry the movie without his help...guess we'll have to wait and see. So what good likely stories could they use for Venom without Spidey in his first solo flick?

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_e...mp;article=4303

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_c...9&Itemid=99

So what good likely stories could they use for Venom without Spidey in his first solo flick?

Ummmm.....

I cannot think of ANY.

Not a single Venom story stands out in any way--and his inclusion in S3 was pointless.

Venom is such a nothing character in the scheme of things, I'm surprised there's a push to give it its own movie to begin with.

i am all for a venom movie. it will be hard without involving spider-man in some way, after all spider-man and venom were always involved in one anothers storylines in one way or another. as far as a certain person saying his involvement was pointles in spidey 3 i would have to agree. i am saying this because his appearance was overshadowed by 2 other villains. venom is one of the most important villains in the spidey comics and needs to have his own story in a spidey movie or his own. as far as a villain for him to fight it would have to be carnage. some of his best battles were with carnage.

So what good likely stories could they use for Venom without Spidey in his first solo flick?

Ummmm.....

I cannot think of ANY.

Not a single Venom story stands out in any way--and his inclusion in S3 was pointless.

Venom is such a nothing character in the scheme of things, I'm surprised there's a push to give it its own movie to begin with.

what do you mean a nothing character? have you ever read the spider-man comics. if you did then you would see he is just as a big and important character as the green goblin, carnage, electro, sandman, and others.

Ummmm.....

I cannot think of ANY.

what do you mean a nothing character? have you ever read the spider-man comics. if you did then you would see he is just as a big and important character as the green goblin, carnage, electro, sandman, and others.

I think that he meant that in the movie, he was a nothing character, not in the comics, which I totally agree with.

umm, the ones where he fights spider-man. what else would he do? i guess they could show him in prison, talking to clet-wait, i forgot! HE'S DEAD! SO IS THE SYMBIOTE!

I meant a nothing character, as in a character that is shallow, without dimension, interest or appeal.

The character began as an evil doppelganger to Spiderman, in which it served as a one-note monster that Spiderman was meant to fight.

What's changed since then?

Has anything been done with the character that is noteworthy, or are all the stories superficial?

Green Goblin has some depth, as does Sandman......perhaps even Electro--but then they don't use him very much. They are foils for Spiderman, and that's all they ever can be.

Venom is..........."what"?

Readers can cite keynote stories with characters like the FF, Captain America, Iron Man, Spiderman, Thor, the X-men.........but Venom???

Just mention arcs like "the Galactus saga", "The Cosmic Cube", "Demon in a Bottle" or "Armor Wars", "Phoenix Saga" or "Days of Futures Past" and most readers would know what's being talked about.

Honestly, I cannot recall EVER hearing/reading ANYONE citing a Venom story of note, aside from those where he's fighting Spiderman.

Its like Daredevil...........outside of the Elektra saga......what other stories of his are worth telling?

Making a Venom movie is like making a Catwoman movie------and we all know how THAT one turned out...

I meant a nothing character, as in a character that is shallow, without dimension, interest or appeal.

The character began as an evil doppelganger to Spiderman, in which it served as a one-note monster that Spiderman was meant to fight.

What's changed since then?

Has anything been done with the character that is noteworthy, or are all the stories superficial?

Green Goblin has some depth, as does Sandman......perhaps even Electro--but then they don't use him very much. They are foils for Spiderman, and that's all they ever can be.

Venom is..........."what"?

Readers can cite keynote stories with characters like the FF, Captain America, Iron Man, Spiderman, Thor, the X-men.........but Venom???

Just mention arcs like "the Galactus saga", "The Cosmic Cube", "Demon in a Bottle" or "Armor Wars", "Phoenix Saga" or "Days of Futures Past" and most readers would know what's being talked about.

Honestly, I cannot recall EVER hearing/reading ANYONE citing a Venom story of note, aside from those where he's fighting Spiderman.

Its like Daredevil...........outside of the Elektra saga......what other stories of his are worth telling?

Making a Venom movie is like making a Catwoman movie------and we all know how THAT one turned out...

No Daredevil stories worth telling....

really....

Well there was the whole Frank Miller run that was more than just the Elektra saga, than there is the Eisner award winning Bendis Maleev run, also the Kevin Smith run, and the, also up for Eisner, Brubaker run that is currently running. That is among many others Arrow.

I can think of a few options Marvel may pursue.

1) Reboot the Venom character so no ties with Spidey3

Not not sure how they would do this without spidey.

2) Lionsgate animated movie of Venom - possibly with Spidey.

Perhaps there are no movie rights issues with the an animated Spiderman, although there is the new animated spidey show too.

• 1 month later...

I think if Venom becomes more popular when he's introduced in the Spectacular Spiderman cartoon then they'll DEFINATELY bring him back somehow someway. I can see there being a retcon that shows the symbiote "dying" but Brock is flung from the explosion(ala Heihachi in Tekken 5) and ends up in jail. This way the Symbiote can return and Venom can do his own thing in a spin off movie.

Venom is one of my favorite Marvel characters, no matter how little development he has had. I don't know about a movie with just him & no Spider-Man though. I would watch it but I don't think it would be that cool. I read a couple old Darkhawk books a little while ago (I think darkhawk 13 & 14, maybe 14 & 15) where he fought Venom. I forget why but they could do that! It would be gold!

pfff, only kidding.

• 1 month later...

This is older news than the other two links...but hey, found when looking for updates on the Venom movie.

Topher Grace Won't Do Solo 'Venom' Movie

Spider-Man 3 star Topher Grace refuses to appear in a spin-off movie of the Spider-Man franchise as his character Venom, because he thinks it would flop. The actor plays the enemy of Spider-Man in the latest installment of the superhero movie.

But he's not interested in making the anti-hero have its own dedicated movie, because spin-off superhero movies like Elektra (2005) and Supergirl (1984) haven't been very popular - reports Moviehole.com. Grace says, "Those haven't really worked very well have they?"

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/20...olo_venom_movie

umm, the ones where he fights spider-man. what else would he do? i guess they could show him in prison, talking to clet-wait, i forgot! HE'S DEAD! SO IS THE SYMBIOTE!

Well the Symbiote isn't entirely dead, Doc Connors still has that sample. And since Topher Grace won't sign on for a spin-off I have an idea. Have Mac Gargan steal the sample from Connors' lab. That could work.

Well the Symbiote isn't entirely dead, Doc Connors still has that sample. And since Topher Grace won't sign on for a spin-off I have an idea. Have Mac Gargan steal the sample from Connors' lab. That could work.

That could work. Have Mac as a hired super-merc that is called Scorpion—in the movie based costume that has been seen in artwork—and the story revolves around him breaking in to Connor’s lab mistaking it for someone else’s and he steals the safe containing the Venom vial. The hard part is having a hero in a villain movie, unless Toby decides to come back as Spidey to fight this larger, more ruthless Venom. Hell, toss in the Lizard as a distraction and end the movie with Mac in prison—shocking, a superhero movie where the villain does not die!—and his cell mate is Cassidy. As the closing shot pans to the floor of the cell, have a red sym come into the light and move towards Cassidy’s feet. Fade to black with his screams. Keep out the relationship crap, and have Spidey distracted with Conner’s transformation and his attempt to bring his friend and mentor back to normal.

When I first heard Venom was in Spider-man 3 I was hoping that Sandman was going to be the main focus and also the conflict of the Symbiote with Peter. That alone would have been enough storyline, I always thought it would have been better to introduce Venom at the end and give a whole movie to him and Spidey. Then from there introduce Carnage in another movie then have a Toxin movie where Pat Milligan is the main role along with the other symbiotes and Spider-man is secondary. But a Venom movie can produce at least 2 more good movies such as a Maximum Carnage, and also a Toxin movie. This is how it would be in my perfect world, but my proposal is very unlikely even though it is a blockbuster idea!

I'd really like to see Mac Gargan as The Scorpion in Spiderman 4, then in the Venom spin off movie set soon after Spidey 4, show his transition from Scorpion to Venom. Now, that'd be awesome!!!

Here's my rough idea of what I want to see:

At the end of Spiderman 4, Spidey manages to put Mac Gargan into prison and while there, he is contracted by the Kingpin to steal what's left of the symbiote from Connor's lab. When Gargan reaches Connor's lab, he fights Connor, who transformed into the Lizard during Spiderman 4. After the fight, Mac grabs the symbiote sample and goes to meet the Kingpin's enforcer, on the way, the symbiote attaches itself to a willing, but nervous Gargan. The new Venom seeks revenge on those who have wronged him. During his quest, Venom encounters Sandman, who distrusts anyone who would willingly call themself Venom after their last encounter (That turd called Spiderman 3). They fight to a draw. The two combatants agree to a tie and and develop a grudging respect for each other. Gargan decides he must find other criminals who can help him bring Spiderman down. The last scenes show him meeting Electro, Vulture, Rhino, Mysterio, and Shocker. Finally, Spidey fans get the Sinister Six we've always wanted to see in the movies.....To be continued in Spiderman 5.........

I know that some of the specific story elements are pretty weak, but I think the general plot is strong, after all, who wouldn't want to see Scorpion, Venom, and the Sinister Six in the same movie??